What does "we love the president day" do

GeezerGamer

Chieftain
I get it quite frequently, so I assume it doesn't do much.

Just in case I'm wrong, what are the effects of "we love the president day"?

Thanks,

GG

If I'm not mistaken, it basically waives city maintenance fees for the turn. On a huge city in the late game, you can save a big wad of cash from it, though only for the turn.

Thanks!

GG

Personaly, I find that it is worthless and adds nothing to the game. Unlike in Civ3 where if a city had more "happy" than "content" citizens (in civ4 terms thats twice as many happy faces as sad ones) then the city was very likely to celebrate, and that would cut corruption by quite a bit. Much more interesting than the arbitary and random We love the president that this is in Civ4.

It was awesome in Civ ii, if you were in Democracy, your city would grow +1 Population!

What actually triggers 'we love the leader day'? I know it has something to do with happy faces.

No, I think in Civ 2, your population would only grow extra amounts if it was already going to grow (i.e., not + 1 pop immediately). Maybe that's what you meant.

I have no idea what it does in 4, so I'll take everyone's word...

Don't know why you get it, or what it does, but I guess they celebrate it when they're happy...

What day they are celebrating depends on your governent civic though.
Despotism - "We love the Despot day"
Hereditary rule - "We love the Monarch day"
Representation - "We love the Prime Minister day"
Police state - "We love the Dictator day"
Universal suffrage - "We love the President day"

pretty logical

It says what it does and why in the instructions or in the civpedia.

I think its if you have more happy than sad and no food wastage or something, i cant remember lol...

It ensures you dont pay upkeep as said earlier in the post by aftershafter (nice name!)

Too bad it isn't like a one city golden age for a turn (ie: that one city gets +1:commerce: +1:hammers: per tile and +100%:gp: for the turn). That could be cool.

It's in Civlopedia\Game Concepts\Cities(bottom of page):

We Love the King Day!

"Cities of size 8 and higher which have no unhappy citizens and no food loss to health can enter "We Love the King Day!" from time to time. The effect is that the city pays no maintenance for one turn.

...can enter... from time to time.

I like it. It's a way to get bonus income.

At first I thought this was reffering to the unhappy faces icon. But now I realize that it means the red citizens that don't work that are in the list on the right of the city screen. Thus, "We Love the King Day!" has easy requirements to meet but you must wait for it to happen by chance.

Top Bottom