Warhammer Version 1.4

OH. well I know there was a 100 year war I didn't know any of the battles or even that France was in it.

@Humakty: orangealex probably meant no disrespect to the French army, but in America there is sort of the 'french military joke'. From most people in america, the extent of their knowledge of the french miltiary is WWII and WWI, both of which, no offense, France didnt do so well in. Napoleon, Charlemagne, and other french generals were awsome and for the most part france was strong militarily.

I am french, and you're right about WWII, we were really really bad , but please
do not say the same for WWI because even if americans came to help us at the end of the war, we had fought bravely (Germans too) during 4 for long years.

other than, perhaps, a sort of bromance relationship with the Aussies (you too, Kiwis!) and that little in-joke over the fries :p.

@kiwis

Hey, we are a bit iffy about the French. We hate the French government (they sank our "Rainbow Warrior" in our port! :cry::mad:) and rugby team (dont get me started there :mad::mad::mad: ... not again!! :cry: oh you got me started)... The French people on the other hand, we like ;). Especially the french women and their accents :lol::D

About da latest release: excellent work :goodjob:. Gonna test play it over da weekend and check out da goodies :D

Soz, PL.... my fault. Unintentioned, but my fault nonetheless.

Anyway, those new Unique Features seem like cool ideas, maybe a couple of them are overpowered - one of them can become a city? Whoa....

Here's a thought; FFH .34 is coming out (as I assume you all know), with the Illians looking beastly. Assuming their strategy is to summon some really wicked badass unit and kill everyone, does that seem like something you'd want one of the Chaos factions to try to do? Maybe it will carry over, and in the finest modding tradition you will be able to ste- borrow someone else's idea! With the proper credit, of course.

Just figured ya'll should check it out.

Anyway, those new Unique Features seem like cool ideas, maybe a couple of them are overpowered - one of them can become a city? Whoa....

hehe nope thats just coder talk for acts lets your units get defencive bonuses like it were in a city, and allows ships to dock in it (like a fortress) you cant actually build stuff from it :p

Illians could very well be a nice source of Norsca ideas :D

*ahem* ... That sounds like getting a city to me...

AHAHAHAAH ohhhhhhh im with you now :lol:

its not really any more powerful than popping a settler from a goody hut (except you cant decide where to put the city) plus the actual chance of getting the city out of the range of other effects which i have yet to actually think up, PLUS the fact that it is a unique feature and you would be lucky to get more than 3 on an entire map... means the chances that youd get a city is pretty slim. plus i actually havent figured out how to code this yet :p im hoping to use the 'Marnoks mod' with the explorable lairs mechanic for this, which will probably require more than a patch...

its not really any more powerful than popping a settler from a goody hut

.... which is so massively overpowered that it is turned off on any reasonable difficulty level. (I'd also love if you could remove free techs from goody huts and just make them get a research bonus, like in the Fall Further mod - last game I popped crafting and ceremonial burial in the first ~25 turns or so, basically won me the game right them.)

But anyway, flavorful unique features are cool with me. But a free tech (from foraging the ruins) might be easier to implement/less OP than a free city.

But anyway, flavorful unique features are cool with me. But a free tech (from foraging the ruins) might be easier to implement/less OP than a free city.

probably true. what if foraging the ruins popped a barbarian city that you had to conquor? (Orcs taking up residence in the ruins of a stately Highelven city?)

the only reason i was thinking along these lines is because a LOT of human cities in the oldworld are built on the ruins of elven cities.

Well, if you're using something like the marnok dungeon mod, you need several options.
If you search the ruins you might find something positive (like a free tech or a piece of magical equipment or gold) or something bad might happen (a monster is released, or a barbarian city is created).

I do quite like the idea of a barbarian city with a culture-creating building and a couple of more powerful barbarian units popping up though.

I get the following error when trying to extract warhammer_1_4a.rar:

"Unable to expand archive
Archive: C:\ ...(snipped file location)...
Engine Error: Format Error"

And of course, the mod fails to load without the patch. How am I supposed to use said patch?

Don't install the patch; just rename the mod folder from 'Warhammer 1.4' to 'Warhammer' and it should run fine. We're still in the process of fixing some of these issues (new version was only released a few days ago).

Don't install the patch; just rename the mod folder from 'Warhammer 1.4' to 'Warhammer' and it should run fine. We're still in the process of fixing some of these issues (new version was only released a few days ago).

It would be nice if the first post had detailed installation instructions - I'm only guessing as to what to do with the sound files based on where they're located in other Mods.

Yeah, some better instructions would be helpful. We might manage to get an installer working.

As it stands, the best procedure for the moment is:
1. Extract the main mod file into BTS\mods folder.
2. Extract the music file into BTS\mods folder.
3. Rename the BTS\mods\Warhammer 1.4 folder to BTS\mods\warhammer.

We will hopefully fix the naming issue soon. There has been a ton of new work in the last couple of weeks which have introduced a bunch of new bugs into the mod, but a better version should be out soon.

hi

i have a problem... when the game is starting in the mod, it gets an error when it's loading graphics. these doesn't happen when it's a normal game, but with the mod i cant play... what can i do?

Top Bottom