Raliuven SG2 Demi-God Aztecs

I'd be up for a nice AWE. Rome, Persia, Iroquois, Russia, China, Ottomans, or Germany all seem like good civ choices, mostly based on UUs.

For traits, I don't think Militaristic is required for AW -- you're fighting so much that you'll get a lot of Leaders whether you're Militaristic or not. I put more stock in Commercial, Industrious, Scientific, and Agricultural. Religious, Expansionist, and Seafaring don't help much in AW.

I'd be up for a nice AWE. Rome, Persia, Iroquois, Russia, China, Ottomans, or Germany all seem like good civ choices, mostly based on UUs.

For traits, I don't think Militaristic is required for AW -- you're fighting so much that you'll get a lot of Leaders whether you're Militaristic or not. I put more stock in Commercial, Industrious, Scientific, and Agricultural. Religious, Expansionist, and Seafaring don't help much in AW.

I agree that militaristic isn't such a big deal. I don't think AWE with the Americans would work out as nicely as with any of your proposed civs, though. Seafaring can be nice, as it puts you on the coast, so you have one side you don't really need to defend.

As far as UUs go, I think Russia, Ottomans, and Germany have not-so-helpful UUs, because it will take so long to get to them.

Anyway, AWE is fine with me. I don't have a strong preference on a civ.

As far as UUs go, I think Russia, Ottomans, and Germany have not-so-helpful UUs, because it will take so long to get to them.

I agree with you on Germany (that's why I said "mostly" :)), but I think Cossacks or Sipahis are good for AW. Having a stronger Cav is a huge boost for the second half of the game.

That being said, Rome, Persia, Iroquois, or even China would be stronger in the early game, when the struggle is more to avoid getting overrun.

AWE it is! (gulp, gulp.) I'll roll a map up and try to get it posted tonight in a new thread. Which Civ? Of those proposed I like Persia and China the best. My fav is Ottomans and I love Sipahi, but that seem like a long way off for an AWE game. Persia seems attractive for the free tech and cheap libraries. Of course staying alive with cheap barracks and walls and elite promotions sounds good too.

Top Bottom