Where is my gold going?

ppowell

Chieftain
Playing my first game, and notice there is a steady drain on my gold but I don't know what it is. Often, when I end a turn, something takes nearly all my gold. For example, i'll have 1800 gold and two turns later I'm down to 80. I haven't bought anything, it just disappears.

I thought taxes only applied to when I sell goods in Europe.

So is this from taxes, or upkeep? I can't find anything in the civilpedia.

Right now I'm about 200 turns into the game, but this happened the entire game. It makes it so I can't buy any military units because all my gold poofs away.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what that could be, but it is not tax. As you say that only applies when you sell goods in Europe.

Other possibilities are accepting the King's demands for cash (but you would know about that); Training (some professions are free but most cost you gold) or Pioneers (each land improvement costs a small amount of gold).

Thanks for the reply. I'm not giving into the King's demands, and not training. I have a pioneer working but like you said that doesn't explain this amount of lost.

I'll keep looking, my just have to start over there's now way I can afford a military when all my gold disappears!

could be pioneers set in auto mode and building paved road (which is not free)

Usual differences in gold are improvements and purchases from the motherland. Kissing the king's ring also comes with a cost. The largest difference is kissing the ring though..

Top Bottom