First Empire, don't know what I should do next.

CyborgCenturion

Chieftain
Hello, I am currently playing my first empire in Civilization 5, I am currently mid industrial era. I think I have a relatively large military and large empire, I also have 70 gold per turn. America is a big threat to me right now and I am not sure what to do about it since they are in mid modern era, They also have thousands of gold and hundreds per turn. I am currently neutral with them. France has the great walls and is puppeting a lot of city states, but they are poor with -10 per turn and only 20 gold, I am Friends with them. Siam well the only thing I see of them right now is one canon unit right below my empire, though I am friends with them, but no cities since they were in war with France. I had already destroyed Greece and Japan.

The current military points.
America || ~15000 (They are allied with every city state around my empire and are providing them with tanks ect.)
India (Me) || ~5000
France || <3000
Siam || <1000

Siam are enemies with France and both Siam and France don't like America.
I have 7 Iron and about 10 horses and soon to get 6 oil.

I am currently upgrading my crossbow units to riflemen by making a rifleman then selling a crossbow.

America takes up an entire continent East of my empire, and France is North West, I can't find the remaining city of Siam.

Please give me tips on what to do next, again this is my first empire.

Here are some pics of my current empire. (Sorry about the size.)

Spoiler :

Moderator Action: Added spoiler tags for the images. Please do this in the future, as a courtesy to readers.

start again? looks like a probable run away science victory to usa. Prey they dont stomp all over you.....

yea this looks like game over. also this is why i dont like vanilla civ 5. we have on one battlefield American Cannon from around the early 1800s, American civil war era cavalry, WW2 era infantry, anti tank guns, and anti air tracked armored vehicles. WTF they needed to do a better job with the gaps in vanilla units.

One thing you could attempt, provided Washington is coastal, is try and sneak a fleet with one or two embarked units to Washington and attack it. If your sneak attack is fast enough, you could then set sail for Paris and whatever Siam's capitol is, and sneak a victory. As long as you avoid losing Delhi, you're still in contention.
If it comes to a war which America might declare on you, don't hestitate to sell Agra, Varanasi or Paliputra for peace. Delhi is all that matters, after all, as long as YOU are the only one still in control of your capitol, you'll win.

Thanks for the advice, America takes up pretty much an entire continent with 10 very weak cities compared to mine (America has an average of 32 strength per city, mine has mostly 60+ except for my new ones), and the two cities on my land hold the majority of their troops. So I could [probably just rush their capitol. France has nothing left except for a bunch of poor cities, i think they are completely out of gold as well, and Siam well they have a brand new capitol with barely anything, i also made a research agreement with America so they would stay peaceful with me.

Does Siam still hold their original capitol? If not, you can ignore it, and just try a sneak attack on Washington city and Paris. Take those both and you'll win the game. If Siam still holds Sukhothai, you'll need to take that as well.

I am not sure if Siam does, I still have been unable to find a trace of them except for a canon unit, even if they still do they are in war with France currently so those two will be distracted.

Top Bottom