Welcome New Members

Hello to everyone! Ive been checking this site out for some time & ive decided to join, I am glad that the Civilization Series Lives on, I fell in love with Civilization II back in 96' & I played it 24/7 on a old DX 66, looking forward to CIV IV, got my copy pre ordered and ready to spend some more sleepless nights.

Welcome all! :)

A word of caution. Some regulars have been known to get so addicted to CFC, that they spent more time here posting than actually playing the game. :ack:

thanks birdjaguar for explaining the delay.

have been playing the civ series since the original and it seems to me, from the reviews, that CivIV could be a really refreshing update to the previous three. Once again Civ and its community continue to raise the standard for the genre.

Hey everyone! :D

I'm not that new to the forums. I visited them extensively some time ago, looking for decent mods for Civ 3. I don't remember if I registered earlier, but it seems not. Anyway, I'm a civ veteran. Been playing since Civ I, which I got when I was little (6 or 7).

Hello fellow CIV freaks. :cool: I'm new to this site but not to CIV - my son played it for years then persuaded me to have a go about 3 or 4 years ago. CivIII is the only game I play at the moment and I've probably notched up more hours playing it than he ever did now, lol! I'm one of those sad individuals who stays up into the wee small hours of the morning then pretend to be shocked when the game ends and I discover that I've spent 52 hours playing it (I like the huge maps and long games!). I really need to get a life. :lol:

I knew CivIV was on the cards a few months ago and thought I would check out progress again a couple of days ago - I'm delighted to learn of it's imminent release and have pre-ordered it already! I can't wait to give it a whirl, it looks great (if a little complicated, with all the changes)! :D

I'm a 50yo female living in Nottingham - probably an unusual profile for a CIV-er but it just goes to show that this great game appeals to all ages, I suppose. :p

Chris

Welcome! [party]

You're not as unusual as you think, judging by some polls we've had on this site. Be sure to return often, this place is good to civers from all walks of life!

I am actually not new I have returned for the release of civ4 i used to be called immortal_empire but i have come back as tiger nation

Moderator Action: Duplicate accounts are forbidden by the site rules. I have asked Thunderfall to merge the two accounts into one. --Padma
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Hello.

I've been playing Civ all the way back to the Amiga version (which isn't an option in the profile bit :mad: ), and at one point I even had a Civ2 site, which is still floating half-dead in a corner of the Internet somewhere.

Anyhow, Civ4 looks like it's going to be excellent. Which is making me curse Sid - I've got little enough spare time as it is.

Am I right in thinking the special pre-order edition (with the tech-tree poster/etc) is only available in the USA? Would really have liked to get that. :(

My name is Bob Figarotta. I'm 35 and live in New Jersey. I've been a player of the CIV games since CIV1, and I also played Alpha Centauri as well.

I was led here by the links on the CIV4 website. I didn't even know this forum existed.

I'll contribute where I can, and I hope to be hearing about everyone's impressions of Sid's newest baby real soon!

hi my name is felix, i played civ2 but then i stopped because i got civ3 and now im not even playing civ 3 anymore cuz it looks so bad compared to civ4. i cant wait for it.

Hi, I am.. wait this isn't Civ-Anon. I started with Civ II, came back with Civ III and Civ IV is the first game I have ever pre-ordered. I wanted to jump in on the ground floor. Only 8 more turns.....:dance:

I'm a Civ III junkie spending many waking hours playing when I should be sleeping... My buddy and I play on my Lan and not too much online because of the bugs and length of games... But now, 3-5 hours for a standard game sounds great, that means we can get through at least 2 games a day... We have been playing these types of games since they existed... love turn based strategies and have been disappointed with games like C&C generals, too buggy for any real fun... too many cheaters etc... Civ III has been my salvation and I expect nothing less from Civ IV...

Hello all, names Dave live in Devon (UK) cool website, played all the Civ games never online yet, love them all.

Hi my name is Gen. Mike, supreme commander of the Romans. I have been playing Civ for many years starting back with Civ2 and when I think about how good Civ4 is going to be, I can hardly breath. I love any type of strategy game involving military operations and am proud to have joined this site’s forum.

Welcome new guys, don't believe what they say about me, it's not true. I never did that.

Top Bottom