B-52 Stratofortress

Nemesis Rex

Bane of Liberals
It's big, it's bad, it's green, it can drop 70,000 lbs. of hell on your head.

When America really wants to make your life miserable, there's nothing like B-52s dropping freight car loads of bombs to keep you up at night. :hammer:

B-52 Stratofortress

Attachments

• b52c.jpg
    b52c.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 2,700
70k pounds of bombs....ouch!

Great job nemesis rex. Exactly what i was looking for.

I'll use Strategic Bomber as name for this one.

And just a quick suggestion ...

The B-52 can carry Harpoon anti-ship missiles, so it could actually make a nasty long-range anti-ship strike aircraft. :)

Awsome:goodjob: How strong do you think it should be.;)

Originally posted by Bobisback
Awsome:goodjob: How strong do you think it should be.;)

Well that depends alot on how much you've changed the rules. Assuming a standard game with no other modifications:

The Bomber and Stealth Bomber both bombard at 8, ROF 3. Ranges are 8 and 12 respectively. Under these rules, probably give it bombard of 10 and a range of 12. Or make bombard 8 and increads ROF to 4.

But I have raised the ranges and bombardment for most air units considerably. I have my stategic bomber at range 18, and I'm probably going to increase it more.

That's cool! :)

I'm gonna enjoy shooting them down with my Harriers ;)

Don't want to ruin your fun but it should still ballanced :(

I understand it is hard to look at stats from the perspective of a neutral and I have been guilty of bumping British stuff up a notch purely because I know about their good features and don't know enough about the equipment of other countries... I think the same is true for everyone, which is sobering.

Here is one example of a foreign bomber:

Tu-160 (Origin: Russia)

Bomb load: 80K lbs ~ 90K lbs
(I had to convert from tons and I dunno if original unit was long/short/metric tons)

Speed: Mach 2 (B52 is under Mach 1)

Range: 14,000Km (not as far as some aircraft)

WW2 taught us that speed and altitude roughly translates into defence for bombers. They cannot avoid being a target but if they are detected too late then they get in and out... so that's why speed and altitude matter :)

B52 are at their best after air superiority is secured. You wouldn't use them where the enemy still has interceptors.

I think I will give it a bombard of about 80, ROF 4, and a range of about 60 but expensive very expensive maybe 200 to 230 shields. :) that should do it.;)

Originally posted by Civanator
make it 240 like the stealth bomber.

B-52 should be cheaper that a Stealth Bomber, but not stealth and low defense. Say cost = 16.

I think I will make it 200 to 220 shields.

Here's some more civ-like pediaicons

Attachments

• strategic bomber.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 272
I put it in my personal mod and gave cruise missles a load option and the B-52 a carry load. I give it move points instead of stationary. That way I can fly and deliver cruise missles like they often do in reall war, i.e. the current conflict in the gulf. Just a suggestion.

Thats a good Idea...Give it load so It can't be used on carriers.

Also, Is there some way to give it the ability to carry nuclear devices with a range of 1?
This would facilitate Cold war Scenarios perfectly.

Until the large scale development of ICBMs, the USA kept b-52s in the air constantly, ready to strike russia if needed. Though, you would have to factor in the comparitive uselessness of fighters...You couldnt have your b-52s getting shot down too much...

Dear Nemesis....
Do you think you could whip up an TU-16 & TU-95 or possibly an IL-28 an early Russian Jet Bomber?
Klyde:goodjob:

Top Bottom