Two cities for the price of one

Black Tomorrow

Chieftain
It's rare that I use diplomats to incite a revolt, but the strangest thing happened when I did it in the game I was just playing. I incited a revolt in an English city. Nothing strange about that. But at the next turn, a French city revolted and became mine. It didn't cost me anything, and I had NO contact with the French. I was never even on their continent. So now the map shows an exclave with no connection to the rest of the map I've uncovered so far. I'm certainly not complaining, and I'll take a free city. But I'm curious. Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else?

Thanks for that. For some reason I only see threads going back about a year. But reading the discussion you posted was helpful. It definitely made the game interesting.

I'm not sure why they do that, but you can use the search page to search through the forum. I usually go to advanced search and then select civilization 1.

The enemy city joining your side has nothing to do with you buying the other one. It's an inbuilt Civ mechanic, which one of our resident hackers, darkpanda, has managed to explain in this thread - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=507325.

Basically, if you have a really prospering city while an enemy city is doing really bad and rioting, there's a good chance that the enemy city will join your empire, and that's what happened in your game.

EDIT: Oh, and you only see threads a year back because that's the default setting for the forum. You can go all the way to the beginning by choosing so from the third dropdown menu in the display options.

Top Bottom