Game Saturn

Sorry, something came unplugged earlied this afternoon, I didn't realize this computer was plugged into it. I think the dog laid on the cord for the surge protector and t came unplugged. Give me about 25 - 20 Minutes.

You might have to push the timer back so DMOC makes it to retake his move. It'd suck if he lost it due to the hiccup.

hmm...i thnik we should extend the turn timer, so parkin can do his turn.

he wanted to take his turn when the game was down, and i find it unfair if he mises it because of the restart.

Seems kind of strange he never bothered to log in during his entire afternoon or night though... he's had a long time to move. Maybe he put the warrior on a queued move?

dont know ... maybe we should each post our timezones, so we can estimate when someones probably asleep. as for me, im easily asleep 10 hours+ ... so i would have missed that turn too if it would have fallen into sleeptime. add some partying to it and voila: missed turn :(

im pretty sure he would have queued up, if it was the regular timer .. but we've got a timeshift from reloading (i think?) and he wasnt able to do his turn when he wanted to, bc of downtime ...

lol i always tought Parkin is somekind of CivNeverRestingForumPosting Terminator:scan:, but looks like not:D

Well worst case scenario is that Parkin lost 1 movement from his exploring warrior. I'm sure he'll manage to overcome the loss. :)

And yes the turn timer is weird but let's continue this thing.

Nope, but I saw some snow so now I loosely know where I'm situated in the world.

I'm near the northeast corner of something.

Seems kind of strange he never bothered to log in during his entire afternoon or night though... he's had a long time to move. Maybe he put the warrior on a queued move?
I travelled home and went to a concert with my girlfriend this weekend, so I only had a very small window in which I could log in during the weekend. I assumed there wouldn't be any problems, so I didn't make any posts about it... but as luck would have it, of course the game was down during the only time I could log in yesterday. And nope, I didn't get the chance to queue up a move, because I didn't get to log in during the one window I had. So it looks like I lost a turn there. :(

I don't have much time at the moment, and the computer I'm using doesn't have access to Civ anyway. I'll be able to play tonight (about 8 hours from now).

hmm...i thnik we should extend the turn timer, so parkin can do his turn.

he wanted to take his turn when the game was down, and i find it unfair if he mises it because of the restart.
Thanks, but I guess it probably makes sense to just carry on. I'll live with it... even though it's a pain in the (neck). Might lose the race to a few huts as a result. :(

lol i always tought Parkin is somekind of CivNeverRestingForumPosting Terminator:scan:, but looks like not:D
Heh, nope. I actually do have a life, as it turns out. :p :lol:

Well, a new turn has started without Lord Parkin.

The weird thing is, CivStats now shows a negative timer??

Anyway, should we play our turns now?
Civstats shows a negative turn timer if you don't refresh the page after the turn flips. It's a weird (but unimportant) issue with the site. If you refresh the page, you'll notice it's all fine. :)

So has any of you guys met anyone else? I know it's only turn 4, but with some 2-move scouts being on hills, we should have some meetings before long.

I haven't met anyone.
I don't think most of us will be meeting too quickly... 20+ tiles between most players, and you'd have to guess the right direction to move in too.

I hadn't met anyone the last time I logged in.

Yeah, Overload's just a civ fan with his own life, so it's not as if he's a paid professional or a member of Firaxis. So because it's just a fan-made site, it has a few imperfections... but still, it's a heck of a lot better than nothing at all. :)

Think it wouldn't be too hard for someone else to help update the site for him... at least little things like civilization names and portraits.

Yeah, Overload's just a civ fan with his own life, so it's not as if he's a paid professional or a member of Firaxis. So because it's just a fan-made site, it has a few imperfections... but still, it's a heck of a lot better than nothing at all. :)

Yeah. Has he been active recently, by any chance? And CivStats is a great site, by the way.

Anyway, I've finally gotten around to updating my deity game...you can check it out. :lol: Now I just have to go back to Game Saturn and take on human players. I wonder if that's harder than deity AI.

Top Bottom