Mad Scientists Diplomacy

It's possible that MS doesn't even know about the Feudalism for Maths thing with Kaz. Still, there's always the chance of alarm bells going off. Do we think it's worth the risk though?

I wouldn't start out with an immediate proposal. Instead, just start with a message saying that we would like to initiate tech trades with Metal Casting, and tell them to reply if they're interested or not.

Once they respond, then we start getting, into specifics with feudalism + metal casting.

This gives them enough time to respond or not respond (in which case, no deal). I wouldn't tell them that we might give them Feudalism (might give out the info to cav and kax too early in which case they'll force ms to give them what they have)... I'd wait until we're actually about to do the deal.

Just a thought, I like the idea of the tech trade but I'm wary if we should give away those techs to a team that will just give away them to their allies.

Very good idea about simply making an open-ended offer of Metal Casting for something from them. That's a good way to determine if they're in the slightest bit interested (or competent at replying), without giving away anything about Feudalism too soon.

By the way, I also had the thought about MS trading away the techs to their allies, but after consideration I don't think it's too bad. Especially if we manage to trade for Feudalism with Kaz and/or Cav as well - in that case Metal Casting would be the only new thing we'd be giving them. In return we'd be getting 3 valuable techs, which we'd certainly be sharing with our ally. So it'd be a bit hypocritical of us to expect them not to trade the techs we give them around. ;)

The main thing is to try to work out deals in a way that we can get some overlap for Feudalism. If we can trade with multiple teams in the Kaz-Cav-MS alliance for the same tech, then that's a pretty good deal for us. :)

A very unexpected mail from MS:

Greetings Team Saturn,

Despite your likely annoyance at past communication difficulties, the Mad Scientists would
like to discuss a possible exchange of knowledge. As you may know, we hold the secret
of bureaucratic organization embodied in the technology of Civil Service. Our people are
interested in learning the secrets of Feudalism to help with management of our far flung
empire, and Archery for defense against the uncivilized barbarians who roam the earth.
Would this trade be appealing to you?

Our committee has not applied its rubber stamp yet, so we have not made an in-game offer.

Regards,
DaveShack of the Mad Scientists
Could be interesting. Certainly a good chance for us to get CS, although it'd likely mean that Kaz and Cav would end up with Feudalism in short order. I'll pass this on to SANCTA and see what they think.

Maybe they just forgot that they could get it from their allies, amidst the disorganization in their team. :p

Proposed response:

Greetings Mad Scientists,

It's good to head [sic] from you after so much time. We are quite interested by your trade proposal, but we would like to propose extending it a step further. Seems like it'd be a good idea to do a full trade of everything, in the interests of kick starting our relationship again after so many issues. ;)

So, what do you think of Feudalism, Metal Casting, Currency and Archery in exchange for Calendar, Construction, Polytheism and Civil Service? This is a pretty even trade - 16 beakers in your favour - and we feel it would go a very long way to restoring positive relations between Saturn and MS very quickly. What do you think?

We have proposed the trade in game, in case you wish to accept at the earliest opportunity. :)

Sincerely,
Lord Parkin of Saturn

Edited message slightly and sent to MS. :)

Husch offered map trade ingame. Opinions?

Attachments

• th_MS_husch.jpg
    th_MS_husch.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 196
MS are focusing their Espionage on us. It seems to be 7/turn at the moment 152/73 is the current balance on their favor. Few turns ago I changed all our Espionage on them (4/turn). Cavs and Kazs have 0 allocation to us. I suspect they've something in mind. If possible we should build a ship for scouting purposes.

Top Bottom