Sengoku Jidai

DarthVeda

Warlord
Hey guys... here's a new scenario fresh from SDC #4.

It's called Sengoku Jidai (deals with Feudal Japan) and it's aimed at PBEM but it is exciting in single play also (I know, I had to play it from every angle).

There are Seven balanced sides, each with their own advantages and unique units and styles of play. The advancement of your units depends not just on your research but on your abilities in battle.

To read more about it, visit the webpage:

http://darthveda.tripod.com/sengoku/

Attachments

• screenshot.gif
    screenshot.gif
    93.7 KB · Views: 454
The NEW 1.2 patch is ready to go, you'll need to download #1 and #2 again if you already have the all files downloaded.

You need not worry about #3 if you are simply updating your copy... it is just the manual. Although it did change, it is not 100% essential to gameplay.

***Changes From Version 1.1***
1. Daimyo is now MUCH harder to bribe (cost is ~15000 koku now vs ~150 before).
2. Adjusted events revolving around the 'Anybody' wildcard value. All players can now get 2nd tier techs.
3. Paradigm Units now only require 2nd tier prerequisite to be researched (vs. 3rd tier before).
4. New sounds for cavalry and musketeers.
5. New Unit: Imperial Guard (These protect the imperial province of Yamashiro).
6. Added a new wonder to the Imperial Province Yamashiro--Imperial City (Copernicus' Observatory).
7. Removed Samurai Archer II from Uesegi research. They still start cities building Samurai Archer II, though.
8. More manual eratta corrected.
9. Some Game.txt eratta corrected

I haven't played it yet (waiting for the patch) but I've been to the website and it look great. :goodjob: Kobi is always interested in all things Nippon.

I noticed the similarity to EA's Shogun-Total War immediately.

There don't seem to be any sound files in the three zips.

zip 1 is texst files
zip2 is graphics
zip3 is a replica of the website.

Uhh... try that again on files #1 and #2 from my site... I just checked it out and they look ok to me.

And you're right, I took *a lot* of inspiration from Shogun... which is a very awesome game in its own right. I'm really disappointed that you can't play Strategic mode in multiplayer though. I don't think you can in Medieval Total War either.

Here's a little known fact: I posed for myself in a mirror several times with a broom to get the look of the no-dachi samurai just right...

Playing as the Christian-affiliated powers, I've consolidated control in Kyushu and eaten up the lower part of Honshu already. I like the way the game is set up, not overly complicated and the fractional road multiplier is a nice touch. Almost ran out of Koku at one juncture but the situation is under control.

I didn't really like the idea of being able to hop over to the mainland without needing to build ships.

I noticed you did not use the ShogunTW improvement icons. Any plans to incorporate them in the future?

Another suggestion is to find appropriate terms for the advances rather than adding suffixes to the unit names.

Looks great :goodjob:

Learned a lot about Japanese history.

Regards

BKA

Thanks guys.

Koby:

Actually I did use icons from Shogun for a number of improvements (for example the palace and the tea house), not to mention the castles...

I like the idea of making the Shimazu build ships if they want on the mainland. I'll think about that in a future patch.

As for the names... we'll see how creative I'm feeling :)

Very nice, DarthVeda. Similar to my Japan: 1583 scenario (PTW), except my scenario takes place 40-50 after yours. Goodjob :goodjob:!

Originally posted by DarthVeda
Hey I just want you all to know I do have another patch planned, But I probably won't release it for some time (at least several turns into the PBEM I'm involved in :)

So if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.

If u search some graphiks (new people.gif ? :) ) or sounds try to see what u may use from my french scenario "Japan" for ToT

http://eyn.free.fr/TOT/TOT3.htm

Top Bottom