Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

This civ/mod is a terrific idea. Curious though, do you have any plans to make civilizations representing the different 'nations' of aboriginals in Canada, then work them into a scenario where the settler nation of Canada you described is also present? I think that would be a great. Not sure if something similar could be implemented with an Australia scenario as I am not as aware of the politics or about the existence of several nations there.

I understand it is putting the cart before the horse but just an idea. There really hasn't been a thorough unique treatment of any of the settler nations until now - thanks!

This civ/mod is a terrific idea. Curious though, do you have any plans to make civilizations representing the different 'nations' of aboriginals in Canada, then work them into a scenario where the settler nation of Canada you described is also present? I think that would be a great. Not sure if something similar could be implemented with an Australia scenario as I am not as aware of the politics or about the existence of several nations there.

I understand it is putting the cart before the horse but just an idea. There really hasn't been a thorough unique treatment of any of the settler nations until now - thanks!

Yep! I'm pleased to announce that we are currently working behind the scenes on the Mi'kmaq, Blackfoot, Cree, Inuit and Koori civs! We have some super exciting concepts for the Inuit. So stay tuned!

This series of mods is all about Colonialism - this original native inhabitants of the lands, the legacy of the modern Colonial nations.

Also, here is a sneak preview for what is to come! (Hint: not the Koori!)

Spoiler :

Koori is usually referred to the South-Eastern part of Australia ;)

Introducing.......

Anangu Aboriginals - Ngangkali Punari
by Hiram and TPangolin

In this mod you'll play as Ngangkali Punari - The mysterious elder of the Anangu Aboriginals that inhabit Central Australia. A spiritual people, the Anangu like many other Aboriginal Australians they belived in the Dreamtime - a sacred era in which ancestral totemic spirit beings created the world.

Anangu
Dreamtime - Start the game with 50 :c5faith: Faith, allowing for the immediate foundation of a pantheon. All land combat units receive the Survivalism I promotion.

Woomera - Available from Agriculture, and cheaper and defensively stronger than the Archer which it replaces - the Woomera also ignores terrain cost. Receive the Woomera instead of Warrior when starting.

Bora Ring - Bora Ring - produces +1 faith per turn in addition to +1 culture. +15 experience for land units built in a city with a Bora Ring. Replaces Monument.

Introducing.......

Anangu Aboriginals - Cloudfather
by Hiram and TPangolin

In this mod you'll play as Cloudfather - The mysterious elder of the Anangu Aboriginals that inhabit Central Australia. A spiritual people, the Anangu like many other Aboriginal Australians they belived in the Dreamtime - a sacred era in which ancestral totemic spirit beings created the world.

Anangu
Dreamtime - Start the game with 50 :c5faith: Faith, allowing for the immediate foundation of a pantheon. All land combat units receive the Survivalism I promotion.

Woomera - Available from Agriculture, and cheaper and defensively stronger than the Archer which it replaces - the Woomera also ignores terrain cost. Receive the Woomera instead of Warrior when starting.

Bora Ring - Bora Ring - produces +1 faith per turn in addition to +1 culture. +15 experience for land units built in a city with a Bora Ring. Replaces Monument.

Oh damn! You and Hiram, huh? I'll keep my eyes on this project.

Oh damn! You and Hiram, huh? I'll keep my eyes on this project.

[Ridiculously bad cough attempt] Psst! Let's make even more civs together and not tell them anything about it! [/cough]

Anyway, I'm pretty damn hyped for the new civs. I have to say, 2014 looks like it's going to be one of the best years in Civ Modding history (at least, out of the two years I've played civ :p).

Look will guys just stop making new civs!:mad:

I haven't had a chance to thoroughly play as Australia yet.:mischief:

Seriously, the quality of work I have seen from these mods is exceptional.:goodjob: If you don't end up in some game developer's staff then there is either something terribly wrong or you are already now filthy rich and laying back somewhere soaking up the sun and drinking a cold beer.:cool:

Sorry, now the newest Australia doesn't work at all in my game. No way :(. The leader isn't available to choose. Deleting/refreshing cache folder didn't help. It is also unpackable by the game.

Introducing.......

Anangu Aboriginals - Cloudfather
by Hiram and TPangolin

In this mod you'll play as Cloudfather - The mysterious elder of the Anangu Aboriginals that inhabit Central Australia. A spiritual people, the Anangu like many other Aboriginal Australians they belived in the Dreamtime - a sacred era in which ancestral totemic spirit beings created the world.

Anangu

Exciting stuff! I'm putting in all the art as a type this.

You'll need to change 'ignores terrain cost' to 'can move after attacking'.

The Aboriginal UA is broken.

It's bad design to have a civ get the first pantheon for free. Many strategies revolve around getting a religious beleif and quite a few of the founding beliefs are quite good. Getting a pantheon is always a big race for those that want one. But that disappears when the Aboriginals are playing since they get one for free. I think this is sorta lame. There should always be a chance to get your pantheon first.

Also I think the Icons and Leaderheads need some work. They don't look as good as civs done by other really talents modders we have. Upgrading this would really improve these mods.

not really. The mods look really good. I also think they can be improved. I'm really liking Canada and Australia

These mods aren't final, and if you want to suggest a better idea, I'm more than willing to accommodate it. This Anangu civ is merely an adaption of Hiram's Aboriginal Nations civ.

The Digger and PM units will stay the same in terms of icons because I'm a fan of that aesthetic - it gives my mods a unique flair. Parkes is receiving a new 3D leaderscreen and will also receive a new icon. The Canada Leaderscreen is receiving a makeover by janboruta and hopefully an icon will be done too. Mexico's assets were done by Janboruta and Leugi, so I'm not sure what you are complaining about there.

I'm very sorry that I'm not talented enough for your tastes, but then again - I'm only new to this community.

If you think they can be improved, then please tell us how to improve them rather than "just be better".

The Aboriginal UA is broken.

It's bad design to have a civ get the first pantheon for free. Many strategies revolve around getting a religious beleif and quite a few of the founding beliefs are quite good. Getting a pantheon is always a big race for those that want one. But that disappears when the Aboriginals are playing since they get one for free. I think this is sorta lame. There should always be a chance to get your pantheon first.

Also I think the Icons and Leaderheads need some work. They don't look as good as civs done by other really talents modders we have. Upgrading this would really improve these mods.

Poland. Enough said.

Top Bottom