Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If you're worried about looking at bad pics, I think there's a way to temporary turn off graphics in most browsers (use the alt tags to find the report button), but I don't remember exactly how.

Does the 30,000 character limit on posts include spaces?

Thanks.....but then if spaces are considered characters why don't they count towards xcl? Or do they?

EDIT: they don't count towards XCL

Because there's also a setting to compress repeated spaces. If you look carefully at the end of a sentence where there's two spaces to start a new one, the forum shortens it to one space.

Used to be able to put a null in there, and go space-null-space-null until the XCL was reached, but lately it's been putting something else in there..../shrug . . <- See?

If it's so easy to bypass it, why not disable it?

Maybe we should make it for people with 30 (or 300 or 3000 or 30000) posts or under so they know not to spam this place up, but let us established users put them down as needed.

When posting, there should be a Cancel option. :help:
All I see are Submit Reply and Preview Post.
When I decide that my post isn't ready for prime time, I use the browser back button to step away and leave it unposted. :scared:
A cancel button would be more straight forward. It should be located where it wouldn't be clicked by mistake. :hammer2:

When I decide that my post isn't ready for prime time, I use the browser back button to step away and leave it unposted. :scared:
A cancel button would be more straight forward. It should be located where it wouldn't be clicked by mistake. :hammer2:
You got a problem with that? Seriously, I don't see a need to implement something like this.
But nice choice with your smileys, BTW. :)

It would clutter up the forum for something you can easily do yourself, I don't see the point.

If you're banned from the site for a while (say a month), then come back and post in a thread, and someone asks where you were, can you say you've been banned (assume you don't say exactly why), or would that be a PDMA?

Top Bottom