Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

likely? what exactly do they need?

Ultimately (although not entirely) we do tend to stick to Colonial era civs.

The next civilization will likely be a) Kulin or b) Beothuk.

I thought there would be updates to Mexico/Vietnam/Dene?

At long last, the awaited Canada update is here! We're not updating on Steam just yet, but we just want to release a CFC exclusive version so that you guys can test it out and report any bugs you find. Here's what we have available as of now, and what exactly has changed:

Screenshot Album

What's Changed!

• Renamed the Unique Ability to "From Sea to Sea"
  • Unique Ability no longer gives Mounted Units Happiness when garrisoned in a City. Instead, Mounted Units now generate Great Voyageur (Merchant) points when placed in a Fort/Citadel.
  • Renamed Voyageurs to "Great Voyageurs".
  • The Great Voyageur now has a completely new ability - They can now build a Furs Resource in City-State Territory which yields a large amount of influence (and will give you the Furs if you are allied with said City-State). Great Voyageurs can also move very fast along Rivers.
  • The Garrison Artillery has been removed and replaced with the Hudson's Bay Company
  • Alongside the benefits that the Bank provides, the Hudson's Bay Company causes local Forts to provide +1 Gold, and units trained in this City gain the Colonial Capitalism promotion, which allows units to Produce +1 Gold when on a Fort or Citadel and gain +15% Combat when starting a turn on a Trading Post.
  • Both the Garrison Artillery and the Avro Arrow will be available to purchase as contracts via JFD and Pouakai's Mercenaries
  • New art from regalman and RawSasquatch
  • Support for YnAEMP v23 (w/ Americas, North Atlantic map support)
  • Support for Sovereignty (List of Prime Ministers, Political Parties added)
  • Support for Events and Decisions (Pass the Canada Health Act, Implement Race-Free Immigration)
  • Support for ExCe (Colonial City List added)
  • Support for UCI (Our people are now guzzling your maple syrup and getting overhyped about your ice hockey team. I fear the rest of the world will succumb to the influence of your culture.)
  • Additional Support for Mercenaries, Piety, Map Labels, Cultural Diversity, R.E.D, Civ IV Traits
  • If you're playing with the 3UC/4UC by mikeburnfire, check out the mod he made for Canada! Mountie | Hockey Rink.

Oh cool, I really like the changes and added mod support. Thank you for all your hard work.

I'm a little confused about the new UA name. Shouldn't it be "From Sea to Sea"?

Wow. Looks much more interesting, and makes tundra a bit more useful...
(It should've been "getting overhyped about the battle royale" :D)

Neirai's referring to early Colonial era as opposed to Cold War/Modern. Personally, I think when we get some more civs off our plate we can take a look at alternative leaders for our current Civs.

And there's a lot of Canadian First Nations left to go, too:

Spoiler :

I can't open the link? it says "the file you're requesting doesn't exist".

And there's a lot of Canadian First Nations left to go, too:

Spoiler :

I may be wrong on this, as I'm wrong on a lot of things, and I can't speak for TPangs and Neirai, but I don't believe we're planning on covering every Pre-Colonial civ in each area. Otherwise, well...
Spoiler :

Hmmmm Dinji Zhuu might need a mod, since their name is so dang cool.

I may be wrong on this, as I'm wrong on a lot of things, and I can't speak for TPangs and Neirai, but I don't believe we're planning on covering every Pre-Colonial civ in each area. Otherwise, well...
Spoiler :

I want one major group for each major area, but yeaaaaaah.

Any chance Canada/Other CL Civs will have Ethnic Units support in the future? RED is nice, but it can be a bit finicky at times :scan:

Ethnic Units for Colonial Countries always end up being a headache haha.

No, I'm well aware of that. I mean assigning cultures for certain Colonial Civs just seems a bit weird (I.e English units for Australian and Canadian Civs).

Top Bottom