Israel, Philistines and Biblical Civilizations

Quite recently hehe... Yeshiva are no longer their unique attribute, having Kibbutz instead... please check the first post :D

Anyway... I've been giving a thought on the idea of making a Pro-Civ Israel/Judea...I think I could focus that civ on the Rabbinic judeans rather than on the Kingdom of Israel, although they were conquered by Rome at the time (though that does make sense for the Pro-Civ version)...

UA: The promised land:
Receive a free Rabbi upon the discovery of Theology. May not build settlers, religious pressure from the Capital is doubled. Copy half the yields and all faith of all cities that follow your religion without being yours.

Leader: Yehuda Hanasi

UU: Rabbi: Replacement for Great Prophet, may found cities. The Rabbi suffers no attrition when entering another civilizations’ territory and may spread religion one more time than a regular Great Prophet.

UB: Geonic Academy: Replacement for Temple. Receive a GWoW slot which when filled yields +4 Faith, the faith is produced for the empire even if you’re no longer the owner of the city its built upon.

So… its a different focus on Pro-civ than Venice… Instead of buying/getting cities, you simply need to have your religion there to have stronger yields. You will also have good faith because of the Academies, even if you lose those cities, making it easier to produce more and more Rabbis.

Quite recently hehe... Yeshiva are no longer their unique attribute, having Kibbutz instead... please check the first post :D

Anyway... I've been giving a thought on the idea of making a Pro-Civ Israel/Judea...I think I could focus that civ on the Rabbinic judeans rather than on the Kingdom of Israel, although they were conquered by Rome at the time (though that does make sense for the Pro-Civ version)...

UA: The promised land:
Receive a free Rabbi upon the discovery of Theology. May not build settlers, religious pressure from the Capital is doubled. Copy half the yields and all faith of all cities that follow your religion without being yours.

Leader: Yehuda Hanasi

UU: Rabbi: Replacement for Great Prophet, may found cities. The Rabbi suffers no attrition when entering another civilizations’ territory and may spread religion one more time than a regular Great Prophet.

UB: Geonic Academy: Replacement for Temple. Receive a GWoW slot which when filled yields +4 Faith, the faith is produced for the empire even if you’re no longer the owner of the city its built upon.

So… its a different focus on Pro-civ than Venice… Instead of buying/getting cities, you simply need to have your religion there to have stronger yields. You will also have good faith because of the Academies, even if you lose those cities, making it easier to produce more and more Rabbis.

Nice idea! But I found a problem:

Now you have one civ with biblical leader, Hasmonean UU and modern UI. It's a great idea, but if you want to do this civ you'll need to do diffrent ages civs. It will be slightly hard and long, but the result will be great.

If you'll do this, the maccabee will not fit the first civ because his time is closer to the second civ. You won't do the maccabee in the second civ because the idea is very good and because he is from the hasmonean period, not from the roman period. So my solution is : to do another civ, the Hasmonean Kingdom and the maccabee will be the UU and the yeshiva will be the UB. The leader can be Judah Maccabee or Mattathias.

So now, with the Hasmonean Kingdom, you have 3 civs from different times. But there is another problem: the kibutz. The kibutz is from modern times, not from biblical. So you can do modern Israel and the kibutz as her UI. A UU can be Merkava Tank or Iron Dome. The are many options for leaders, but the preffered leaders are David Ben Gurion and peacemakers.

So now we have 4 civs, but the first one, the biblical, has no uniques! As for UU, I thought about Ark of the Covenant who will have the UA bonus about prophets and you'll replace it with another idea. I know there was one ark, so you can call that unit Nevi. As for UB, you can do Altar, but an idea for another UU will be nice. The leader is good so don't change him.

With this civs, Your mod will be Israel: Deluxe and with another civs from diffrent times that was near Israel the mod will be even greater.

If you want more ideas or questions and more details about thos odea, just write. And sorry for bad English.

Uh, can't there just be various Israel civs with stuff from different Eras? I mean, it's not like Samurai and Zeros or Panzers and Hanse are from the same era, so I really see no reason why Israel can't have stuff from Ancient history and modern history. You're simply complicating things too much...

I think that your Isreal mod covers all eras of isreal well enough.

I think it's more important for the other side to be represented, which is why I suggested a Palestinian civ earlier on in the topic.

I think that your Isreal mod covers all eras of isreal well enough.

I think it's more important for the other side to be represented, which is why I suggested a Palestinian civ earlier on in the topic.

remember the Palestinian civ's comments on steam? It became Youtube for a while. I suspect they will react the same way to a modern Israeli civ, maybe even worse...

Uh, can't there just be various Israel civs with stuff from different Eras? I mean, it's not like Samurai and Zeros or Panzers and Hanse are from the same era, so I really see no reason why Israel can't have stuff from Ancient history and modern history. You're simply complicating things too much...

Well, at some point you're write. He can do some civs with mixed times. But, his idea was about a civ from specific time, not mixed times. So there are three options: 1)To do the civs as he wanted to do, one mixed and one specific. 2) To do some mixed civs. 3)To do specific time civs.
Leugi suggest option 1, you suggest option 2 and I suggest option 3.

If I download Israel, do the New Beliefs come with it or do I have to download them separately? I played them last night and founded a religion, but Synagogues weren't available as a Follower Belief. After I chose Pagodas instead, I checked to make sure somebody didn't beat me to Synagogues, but nobody had.

Well that's weird the manual download has Synagogues bundled with Israel and it works for me.

The manual download includes the Beliefs, but the Beliefs are still a different mod on the mod selection screen, so you must enable them.

EDIT: Actually, it seems like in the last update I didn't include it, will fix soon.

The manual download includes the Beliefs, but the Beliefs are still a different mod on the mod selection screen, so you must enable them.

EDIT: Actually, it seems like in the last update I didn't include it, will fix soon.

That's alright, I wasn't really happy with the way the game was progressing anyway. Only 1 pasture in my capital's workable radius. Awesome Petra spot, but Enrico beat me to it. Re-downloading would be the perfect excuse to start over.

Hi there. Quick question for you.

Firstly, excellent job with the mod. It's absolutely fantastic. Living in Israel for the past two years, I found you did an amazing job with the historical accuracy, and chose wonderfully for the UA, UU, and UI.

However, there's one thing that's not quite right. Whenever I meet David, no matter if I'm on his team or playing against him, the 3D leader scene does not show, despite the fact that I have my leader scene settings on Medium. Also, David's voice is replaced by Harun's whenever I talk with him. According to previous posts on the thread, both of these issues have been fixed.

So, my questions are the following: Has the 3D scene been added? Is David's voice supposed to be Harun's? If both issues are fixed, then what am I doing wrong?

If it helps, I'm playing on a Mac, with the leader settings set at medium. I downloaded the mod from here.

It would be great if you could help me with that. Other than that, keep up the good work!

I thought of that, actually. I wasn't quite sure how to install it, though, and the result of replacing the mod file and adding ekmek's art files was a David with no icons, replaced with Catherine for appearance and Darius's voice. If you know how to install it, it would be wonderful if you could tell me.

A constructive criticism, if I may, mainly relating to the music.

The peace theme is absolutely perfect. Great job there. Now, the war theme starts out strong, but in my opinion, the last three or so minutes just seem a little too peaceful, if you know what I mean. If you look at other civ war themes, such as Germany, Mongolia, or Brazil, they all seem to sound warlike, and have a dark mood to the music. I don't know how feasible it is to find a song sounding like that relating to Israel, if it's not possible and this is the best sounding thing, then fine. Good job. If you can replace it, I would highly suggest doing it. Also, maybe you could get someone to do voice acting?

Apparently voice acting for leaders is technically possible. But it'd look odd if the lines don't synch up with the model and, of course, you've got to find a voice actor of the native language of the civ, which isn't always possible.

Right, because the 3D models are based off of those already in the game, correct? Anyways, does anyone have an idea on how I can get David's 3D model to work? Installation instructions, troubleshooting, anything?

Also, for the voice acting, I know a little Hebrew. I finally installed the 3D scene (still no icons or custom music, help!) and he's using Darius's voice, right? I noticed that when he said hello when you talked to him, he looked like he was saying, baruch haba, or welcome in Hebrew. Now, I don't know if I could do that for every line he says, but it's a start. Probably wouldn't get off the ground, though. It sounds difficult.

Top Bottom