What ideology does the AI choose most often?

What ideology does the AI pick most often?

• Autocracy

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Freedom

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Order

Votes: 129 75.4%
  • All chosen equally often

Votes: 29 17.0%

• Total voters
I think this is a strictly false statement. There is a +25% military production tennant in autocracy that also gives 15exp. Being able to gift CS units for more influence is not as good for warmongering as an extra 15exp.

Autocracy also, of course, has a couple other military-themed tenants, whereas Freedom only has that one.

Aaaand I actually completely forgot about that. Which is odd, considering the fact that my last game was an Autocracy Domination victory as Indonesia (fun tip with them I discovered: Spice Islanders doesn't care about how you get the city, so if you go conquer a capital off-continent you'll get the spices underneath it. 4 free happiness when you conquer a city is very nice).

I should have mentioned Volunteer Army too; getting six Foreign Legions potentially loooong before anyone even gets to regular GWI is pretty silly. The fact that they're stronger than regular GWI when out conquering is even sillier and is a slap in the face to Firaxis's intended design.

Rome (Caesar) picked autocracy in my current game. He's obviously trying to go domination. Using the World Congress I've basically managed to cripple him (embargoed; luxuries protected; preferred ideology as Freedom; standing army tax). That hasn't stopped him from remaining the greatest threat on the map though.

Oops, I misvoted since I came over from the other one. I voted as if the question was ideology do you pick most often instead of the AI.

Manual subtract 1 from Freedom & add 1 to Order.

Freedom and Order are about the same for me.

Very rarely see more than 1 person pick Autocracy.

I've only seen Freedom get picked once ever by the AI. I think the difficulty level has to do with it? On the higher difficulties, the AI spams cities so much, that they wouldn't get as much out of Freedom.

I've seen games with lots of Freedom civs. I had one game where Pocatello, Casimir and myself went Autocracy, and it even got voted World Ideology, while the Freedom cultural hegemon duked it out with the Autocracy civs and the Order civs were dealing with massive unrest. In my last game, the two cultural hegemons (being myself and Russia) both went Order, so everyone else in the game went Order and we had one big commie party. It seems equally likely to me.

I think the AI chooses order the most for sure. I don't blame them though because it plays into the general directionless way the AI plays.

Freedom and Autocracy are both awesome, but you are probably aiming squarely at one victory condition when you grab them. Order is much more middle of the road, with general use bonus'.

Top Bottom