The Forgotten: The Other Civilizations (BNW)

So after checking your color chart... I have concluded that the next 3 civs will be Ryukyu, Ireland and Wales, is that right?

So after checking your color chart... I have concluded that the next 3 civs will be Ryukyu, Ireland and Wales, is that right?

Correct! Ryukyu and Manchuria (which has an existing icon from the Korea DLC scenario) will be stand-alone releases. Ireland and Wales will be released in a pack along with the Picts and Iceni (an edit of the existing Celtic civ).

Edit: just uploaded new versions of the Aboriginals, Latvia and Sibir. All of the Aboriginal art should display correctly now and I've tidied the maps up so they don't go out of the frame in the game setup screen.

Eh, Firaxis make that mistake all the time XD. In any case LastSword's Lithuania tops mine!
You got full credits, the pagan idea was brilliant indeed. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to create unique beliefs as UB part.

Btw, Lithuanian Empire is more official (firaxis-like) than Grand Duchy.
I am a rebel with all those tribes and kingdoms... a rebel, who doesn't like all those Sweden, Germany, Polish... empires.

Heh, looking on first icon, I thought you forget to hide the gray circle (@Irkalla tutorial), but then I realized that the icon is three comma spinning around, not the "chakram" inside"! Silly me.

Correct! Ryukyu and Manchuria (which has an existing icon from the Korea DLC scenario) will be stand-alone releases. Ireland and Wales will be released in a pack along with the Picts and Iceni (an edit of the existing Celtic civ).

Edit: just uploaded new versions of the Aboriginals, Latvia and Sibir. All of the Aboriginal art should display correctly now and I've tidied the maps up so they don't go out of the frame in the game setup screen.

Manchuria has an existing map too from the scenario. I was going to use it, but it's too small for a DoM as sukritact makes them

You got full credits, the pagan idea was brilliant indeed. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to create unique beliefs as UB part.

Btw, Lithuanian Empire is more official (firaxis-like) than Grand Duchy.
I am a rebel with all those tribes and kingdoms... a rebel, who doesn't like all those Sweden, Germany, Polish... empires.

Heh, looking on first icon, I thought you forget to hide the gray circle (@Irkalla tutorial), but then I realized that the icon is three comma spinning around, not the "chakram" inside"! Silly me.

I've been breaking the rules plenty on naming too, but hey, Venice and the Shoshone set a precedent for that :lol:.

Manchuria has an existing map too from the scenario. I was going to use it, but it's too small for a DoM as sukritact makes them

I think the only way to go about it will be to make a faithful reproduction of the scenario map. I'm still undecided as to whether I will use Kangxi or Nurhaci as leader.

I think the only way to go about it will be to make a faithful reproduction of the scenario map. I'm still undecided as to whether I will use Kangxi or Nurhaci as leader.

At the very least Kangxi is more recognisable.

Just saying, the Ryukyuan tomoe has more space between its parts:

Your original icon looks more like the 1500s Kiso clan.

And yes, you are welcome to use the icon.

Hello,I have just registered here in order to make this post.

I've been following your work for quite some time and I love it,when I saw your color diagram of planned Civs I was very happy that you were going to do my country, Bosnia.

That being said I've already tried making a Bosnia civ,however I lack the programming skills to do so.I've prepared a map and an icon so I'll just leave them here
The Map
Spoiler :

The Icon
Spoiler :

Sadly colors don't match,I still have the original file I made in Photoshop so I can edit it if you want.

If you want some advice on the UA,UU,UB from an actual Bosnian,here's my idea:

UA:Something involving Religious resistance,a fighting bonus against enemies with a different majority religion for example.Based on the fact that Bosnia had its own Church during the medieval ages.

UU:I intended to make a "Krstjan"(a name for the followers of the Bosnian church) unit,
a weaker swordsman which doesn't require iron and is able to remove heresy once.

UB: Definitely a Stecak,a Shrine replacement without maintenance cost which provides culture as well.

You don't have to use any of this of course,I just thought that I could give a little bit of help,at least.

Keep up the great work,The Siberian Khanate is probably one of the best mods I've ever seen. :goodjob:

Hello,I have just registered here in order to make this post.

I've been following your work for quite some time and I love it,when I saw your color diagram of planned Civs I was very happy that you were going to do my country, Bosnia.

That being said I've already tried making a Bosnia civ,however I lack the programming skills to do so.I've prepared a map and an icon so I'll just leave them here
The Map
Spoiler :

The Icon
Spoiler :

Sadly colors don't match,I still have the original file I made in Photoshop so I can edit it if you want.

If you want some advice on the UA,UU,UB from an actual Bosnian,here's my idea:

UA:Something involving Religious resistance,a fighting bonus against enemies with a different majority religion for example.Based on the fact that Bosnia had its own Church during the medieval ages.

UU:I intended to make a "Krstjan"(a name for the followers of the Bosnian church) unit,
a weaker swordsman which doesn't require iron and is able to remove heresy once.

UB: Definitely a Stecak,a Shrine replacement without maintenance cost which provides culture as well.

You don't have to use any of this of course,I just thought that I could give a little bit of help,at least.

Keep up the great work,The Siberian Khanate is probably one of the best mods I've ever seen. :goodjob:

I love the ideas you have here! If you could make a portrait version of the map I'd totally work on this next. I might change the colours to a dark blue-grey with gold (close to yours without being too close to Sweden's colours).

I'm not sure what you guys mean with portrait.
I basically followed this guide.

Looking at the file now it seems that I didn't follow his instructions that well since my file wasn't 1000x1144 ,perhaps you meant that?

I have tried changing the size of the image,just say if it isn't good enough.
Spoiler :

EDIT:Sorry for spamming but I tried making it once again so here it is
Spoiler :

The first image size is better. The second looks squashed.

Glad to hear that you like it!

Is "Vrhbosna" the traditional name of Sarajevo?

Pretty much,although it usually used for the area around Visoko too,I think.

I'd love to do the icons for the Units as well,but I can't find a tutorial.I could improvise something if I had a decent "starburst" texture.

Oh,I did something else,unrelated to Bosnia as a small "thank you" present.

I'm not really satisfied with it,I just couldn't find a decent image of a leek.

I made 3 new maps so I'll just drop 'em here

Slovenia
Spoiler :

Ryukyu
Spoiler :

My attempt on a Ryukyu Icon
Spoiler :

Ainu Map
Spoiler :

Ainu Icon
Spoiler :

Any critique and/or advice is welcome.I also want to make one for Ireland but I'm not sure during which period,so I need to know that.
Just say if you need anything.

Top Bottom