RawSasquatch/Kramer's New Civilizations

Thank you, all of you! It was actually the first time I tried to use the standard method of composing the leader out of actual in-game leader parts as opposed to, like, a single photograph or Assassin's Creed model or something. Granted, the only civ parts of him are his hands, face, and hair, but it's a good leap forward!

Bhutan is starting to shape up quickly, art-wise. I've got an icon and model for the unique unit, Jigme's scene, and I found a Civ 4 model that could be ported and retouched into a perfect Dzong. All I really need is someone to tackle that model and others to do some lua, and Bhutan will be well on its way!

How much retouching would the Civ IV model need? I've been getting better at converting Civ IV models into improvement models, although the only retouching I've done so far is tweaking the texture files to change coloration...

I actually just shot a PM at Ekmek a few minutes before your post asking if he was interested in taking it on, but since nothing guarantees he'd want to do it at this point (given that he hasn't even read the PM yet), here are the details: it would need a slight bit of retouching to the actual model, simply removing some cannons. However, it would also need a half-built/pillaged version, and probably a retexture to look more... Dzong-y. (White walls, red roofs, and maybe a gold trim as opposed to its current stone walls and blue roofs.) It's "Far Eastern" Fort #5 in this pack, or the 4th model in this image.

I actually just shot a PM at Ekmek a few minutes before your post asking if he was interested in taking it on, but since nothing guarantees he'd want to do it at this point (given that he hasn't even read the PM yet), here are the details: it would need a slight bit of retouching to the actual model, simply removing some cannons. However, it would also need a half-built/pillaged version, and probably a retexture to look more... Dzong-y. (White walls, red roofs, and maybe a gold trim as opposed to its current stone walls and blue roofs.) It's "Far Eastern" Fort #5 in this pack, or the 4th model in this image.

Oh yes, those forts! Well, I'd certainly defer to Ekmek if he agrees to do them -- he's much more familiar with NifSkope, Blender, and all than I am. I think I could pretty much guarantee he'd make a better result than I could. :p

Good news, everyone! Ekmek has agreed to do the Dzong model, if I in exchange help him finish his California civ. Yes, his own California civ, not mine that I've been working on since March that STILL ISN'T FINISHED. I'm sure that no matter how hilarious it would be, nobody wants me to start and finish another California civ before even finishing my first one. So as a reminder to ANYONE who wants to help, the ONLY things my California require in order to enter final testing/release are:
  • Pedia Entry for California
  • Pedia Entry for John Muir
  • Pedia Entry for William B. Ide
  • DOM Speech for John Muir
That's it. Not a whole lot of things, just some very specific ones. But for those who don't want to help, let's do a bit of voting. TPangolin the wise has made quite a few potential icons/color schemes for Bhutan. Here are my 3 favorites, ready for input.

To compare those 2 to civs with similar background colors:

I prefer the orange/pink one (#3). It looks rather restful, and it'll be quite distinctive on the map.

I'll do a DoM for John Muir in a minute.

EDIT:-
John Muir DoM said:
The great state of California greets you, John Muir, founder of its values and creator of the ideals it tries so hard to uphold. Born to Scots whose brutal, dogmatic approach to the world chafed with your youthful spirit, you eventually fled a life of drudgery and Bible-black, and your love of nature was spurred on by lessons in botany beneath a grand black lotus tree. Your true epiphany came, however, when you were almost blinded by a machine in a wagon wheel factory; after six weeks of darkness, you saw a new way for America with the first rays of the sun. Armed with this idea of oneness with nature, you travelled the length and breadth of the United States, wandered the woods of Yosemite, and made a new way through the wildest, leafiest, and least trodden path you could find for Californians to follow; a way that strove to save their souls from total surrender to materialism.

John, California once more has need of a free spirit, a free man to fight for the growing things and fend off the rapacious appetites of so-called high society. Who will care for the beautiful valleys and forest if not your people? Who will guard the wild places of the world if not your nation? Can you teach your way again, when so many follow the path of greed and savagery? Can you build a Civilization that will stand the test of time?

I like the first one. The second one looks too much like Persia to me, and the third one I think looks too much like JFD's Scotland.

3rd one is the best one, i think. More accurate to the flag and nothing like JFDs Scotland.

Well #3 and Scotland aren't not similar. They are different enough though, I suppose.

Not #2 though; too close to Persia's colors for a civ so geographically close to Persia on a TSL map.

I'll do what I can to help with California's pedias, but it'll be the weekend before I can get to them. If someone wants to take them in the meantime, feel free! :)

Awesome work, Scapegrace! Thank you! And I can surely wait, DonStamos, especially considering how awesome your work for the CSA was.

I'll do what I can to help with California's pedias, but it'll be the weekend before I can get to them. If someone wants to take them in the meantime, feel free! :)

Well, i can try...
Or at least give rawSasquatch some options to choose from...:mischief:

well, i made a civilopedia entry for california

Spoiler :
Early history:
The area that is now California was the home of various Native American tribes for approximately 13,000 years. Over 100 different tribes lived in the area. Before the European period, California held about one third of the Native American population in what is now the United States.
Mexican period
After Mexico gained independence from Spain, California became part of the Mexican empire. Many ranches were built during the time California was under Mexican rule, and Californios(Spanish speaking Californian) received land and developed trade with American merchants. During this period, the Russian empire established trade outposts in the area and explored the Californian coast.
During Mexican rule, California was subject to many rebellions.
California republic
The California republic was a short lived state that for a few weeks in 1846 controlled the area north of San Francisco bay in present day California.
The republic lasted from the bear flag revolt to the occupation of Sonora by the U.S. military.
Californian gold rush
The Californian gold rush began on January 24, 1848 when gold was found by James w. Marshal at Sutter’s mill, in Coloma, California. The gold rush brought about 300,000 gold seekers to California, and had large effects on the development of California. California became a center of world immigration, as steamships came into regular service and railroads connected California to the eastern United States. The arrival of the miners also boosted other economies around the world, as many farmers around the world found new market for their food.
The gold rush also had major effects on the environment and on Native American population. Chemicals from the prospecting operations killed fish and destroyed many other habitats, eliminating the main source of food for the Native Americans. The Native American territory was reduced because of the establishing of mining camps, and many of the Native Americans died of diseases that the European miners brought, such as smallpox.
After the rush has ended, many anti foreign laws and taxes were introduced to drive the foreigners out of the mines. Many foreigners were attacked.
The Californian gold rush left its mark on California, as many symbols representing California today originated from the gold rush, including the Californian national motto.
Modern California:
California continued growing as an industrial and economic power in modern times, with Hollywood becoming a major and important center for film industry, and the Silicon Valley becoming the home of many large technology corporations, and also the home of small startup companies. California is also the home of a major aerospace industry, with many aerospace laboratories, rocket testing sites, and air force bases and aircraft factories located in California. California is also the home of many shipyards, and has some naval bases in its territory. California is also a neutral gas and oil exporter, exporting more oil than any other state in the United States.
Because of the major water requirements for the Californian population, many aqueducts, dams and other water irrigation systems were built in California. Many hydroelectric power plants were built at California.
Geography and climate:
California features many deserts and valleys, but also many mountains. Sierra Nevada is home to one of the world’s most massive trees, the giant sequoia, and of the highest point in the contiguous United States, Mt. Whitney, while the basin and range area is home for the lowest point in the United States, the Death Valley. California is also the home of many lakes.
The climate of California varies widely, depending on proximity to the coast and other factors. The costal and southern parts of the country have Mediterranean climate, and the country is subject to storms.

im pretty sure its not enough, though :(

Sasquatch, is your new avatar a updated version of Sam Houston and how near is the release of Yucatan ?

Top Bottom