Light In The East: Civs Of The Orient(And Beyond)

The Safavids have been updated to support Unique Cultural Influence and fix an issue with the war production bonus not working

Also, is anyone experiencing a problem when they adopt Liberty as the Safavids and the +1 culture per cities doesn't work?

when i chose it in the leader selection, the icon of its leader is Washington and its icons of UU AND UB were black

when i chose it in the leader selection, the icon of its leader is Washington and its icons of UU AND UB were black

Which version are you using, did you download it before or after the update post?

Is anyone else experiencing this too?

I have the same problem.

The Yuan looks very interesting so far, I can already imagine the havoc I could get up to with those fire ships *evil laughter*

One thing I thought of was what about a bonus against enemy units (or cities) on the same continent as the capital? It can represent how the Mongols created the largest contiguous land empire ever seen, whilst also referencing their failure to expand into overseas territories (Japan and Java) without giving a negative modifier.

As for a suggestion for science/trade, maybe something along the lines of bonus science from domestic trade routes to puppet cities?

Might as well add an update here - Turkey is well on its way to completion!

Spoiler :

I don't have any date of release for Turkey, other than "when it's done". However, I will share the UA, which almost works now!

Units garrisoned in cities increase :tourism: Tourism (bonus increases depending on the unit's level). Great Generals may be expended for :c5culture: Social Policies.

Not terribly exciting, but I like it anyway. :p

Wow, Will getting tourism so early affect the game somehow? I wonder if this UA can make it worthy to go Honor...

I'd be safe and have the garrison tourism either only kick in from the classical era onward, or the yield to be bumped up a level so that at level 1 it's 0 tourism but at 2 it's 1, and so forth. Maybe remove the cap on it since really, a level 5 or higher unit is hard to come by and having it parked in a city isn't exactly the best use of it. It wouldn't do much good to rush cities and then be potentially getting influential cultures by turn 30.

That colour scheme is virtually identical to Canada!

Oh no, the civ was just about to be released, but that darn Canada got the colours first! Foiled at the last hurdle. I initially mixed up the background/icon colours in the code, but then I kinda liked it, so I decided just to roll with the new one.

Anyway, as far as the colours are concerned, not the same at all. I'm considering a couple of other schemes (just because I can), though there's surprisingly no civ it particularly infringes on.

I'd be safe and have the garrison tourism either only kick in from the classical era onward, or the yield to be bumped up a level so that at level 1 it's 0 tourism but at 2 it's 1, and so forth. Maybe remove the cap on it since really, a level 5 or higher unit is hard to come by and having it parked in a city isn't exactly the best use of it. It wouldn't do much good to rush cities and then be potentially getting influential cultures by turn 30.

Not really a problem IMO, though I'll see how it balances. Giving it an era requirement doesn't make sense, and upping the levels doesn't work too well either, given you'd expect something from Level 1.

It made me think more of Peru than of Canada, honestly.

But then it's not exact either. A little too close for my tastes, but eh.

...still though all four of LITE's things are some variant of yellow on red, which strikes me as a little silly.

Nice UA!
But something I don't understand. If I remember right, the city art style of the Ottomans is middle-eastern, so why Turkey has asian?

What a disaster!

Nah, it's just that i'd love to have Turkey in the same game as Canada without it getting confusing. Peru/Canada is fine, especially in theory -

But Canada/Turkey, whilst on paper they may look like this:

Look very similar in-game:

Also I wouldn't trust those swatch thingies 100% because I think some of the people that made them just picked the colors from the icon itself, and didn't use the actual defining values from the game. I'm probably going to go and do all of them more definitively or make a program that does it, once I have something that does that well.

Top Bottom