Regna et Res Publicae - Hypereon's Civilizations

And other civs can get a Rune Singer from the Leaning Tower of Pisa free GP too.

I noticed this same thing too in my test game. Gonna fix that in the update. I have some exams next week but after that I'll truly get into the another Finland and the update for Mannerheim. :)

As the 97th Finnish Independence Day dawns in a few hours, it is time to celebrate, as promised, with the second and final release of the Finland double-civ pack - Urho Kekkonen and the Republic of Finland! After some patches, support for Events and Decisions for example, I hereby deem my work on this subject to be done, and I'll no longer return to making Finland civs anymore.

But now, I'll present you the leader of this Cold War -themed civilization: president Urho Kaleva Kekkonen of the Republic of Finland.
Spoiler :

Republic of Finland added:

The Republic of Finland - Urho Kekkonen (BNW) Download Subscribe

Urho Kekkonen - Finland
Jääkäri (Rifleman): A cheap gunpowder unit unique to Finland. It starts weaker than the Rifleman it replaces, but it gains free experience every turn stationed on the territory of a civilization you have declared a friendship with.
Paper Mill (Factory): Finnish unique building. +10% Production. Unlike the Factory it replaces, it doesn't give any base Production. Instead, it yields 2 Production, 1 Gold and 1 Science for every worked Forest tile.

Additional info:
Spoiler :
Because I couldn't get JFD's Dynamic TopPanelYields work, the UA bonuses granted from the friendships don't show up in the Top Panel. They still are added to Golden Age progress and Culture in the beginning of every turn.

Credits:
Spoiler :
Hypereon: Design, Code, Writing, Artwork, Unit skin
Jean Sibelius; Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra, Mariss Jansons: Peace theme (Andante Festivo)
Hans Zimmer: War theme (First part of Roll Tide from the movie Crimson Tide)
bernie14: Unit models
Civilopedia texts from Wikipedia.

Special thanks:
bane_: Great guide to basic Lua!
JFD, whoward69: Helping with various pieces of working Lua.
JFD, Pouakai, Sukritact: Valuable examples for Lua in their mods.
Urdnot_Scott: The idea for the UA.
[/CENTER]

Mannerheim updated:
Small patch; updated leaderscreen, fixed text bugs. Rune Singer should no longer be available to choose as a Free Great Person.

Play, enjoy, test and comment! :)

Next civ?
If you doing Hanse, i have ideas...

This is really cool. I love the idea of a Cold War themed civ.

As the 97th Finnish Independence Day dawns in a few hours, it is time to celebrate, as promised, with the second and final release of the Finland double-civ pack - Urho Kekkonen and the Republic of Finland! After some patches, support for Events and Decisions for example, I hereby deem my work on this subject to be done, and I'll no longer return to making Finland civs anymore.

But now, I'll present you the leader of this Cold War -themed civilization: president Urho Kaleva Kekkonen of the Republic of Finland.
Spoiler :

Republic of Finland added:

Mannerheim updated:

Play, enjoy, test and comment! :)

Oops... it seems that the UA picture is old, it should read as:

A fifth of the :c5happy: Happiness of civilizations which are friends with you contributes to the Finnish :c5culture: Culture and :c5goldenage: Golden age progress. Bonus doubled if the civilization follows a different ideology.

So... next civ?
or next fix maybe? ;)

your Mannerheim seems to conflict with IGE which diaplays abnormaly when your mod is enabled

That's weird. I have no idea what it would be, I'm sorry :(

So... next civ?
or next fix maybe? ;)

Oh, next would maybe be the Events and Decision editions of Mannerheim and Kekkonen. I'll take a small break of a week now however. Then it would propably be the Hanse or Caesarian Rome.

Cool to see Finland with two leaders!

I like to play huge and giant european TSL maps, and Finland is absolutely critical for my games ;-)

One question - could you add a Civ IV Leaders traits compatibility for this two leaders?

Or just suggest their traits?

Cool to see Finland with two leaders!

I like to play huge and giant european TSL maps, and Finland is absolutely critical for my games ;-)

One question - could you add a Civ IV Leaders traits compatibility for this two leaders?

Or just suggest their traits?

Okay, I'd suggest maybe these :)

Mannerheim: Protective, Spiritual
Kekkonen: Diplomatic, Industrious

By the way, I'm noticing a strange bug when choosing TSL with YnAEMP with all the JFD's civilizations. When trying to choose the civilizations, only modded civs show up. Any Firaxis civs disappear. Has anyone noticed the same thing? I have absolutely no clue why would that appear.:confused:

Okay, I'd suggest maybe these :)

Mannerheim: Protective, Spiritual
Kekkonen: Diplomatic, Industrious

By the way, I'm noticing a strange bug when choosing TSL with YnAEMP with all the JFD's civilizations. When trying to choose the civilizations, only modded civs show up. Any Firaxis civs disappear. Has anyone noticed the same thing? I have absolutely no clue why would that appear.:confused:
That happened to me as well a while ago. I don't know what caused it, but when I re-installed the game and re-downloaded all of the mods I had, it was fixed.

@Hypereon - if you don't mind I'll post here a bit of SQL code to copy-past into your civilizations Civilization_CultureTypes.sql files for users, who want quickly make them compatible with Civ IV Leaders traits mod :)

To enable traits for Mannerheim go to your Civilization 5/MODS/Hypereon's Finland (Mannerheim) (v 1)/Code/Support folder, open Civilization_CultureTypes.sql with any text editor (i.e. Notepad) and paste at the end:

Spoiler :
--=======================================================================================================================
-- Leader_SharedTraits
--=======================================================================================================================
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS
Leader_SharedTraits (
LeaderType text REFERENCES Leaders(Type) default null,
TraitOne text REFERENCES Policies(Type) default null,
TraitTwo text REFERENCES Policies(Type) default null);

INSERT INTO Leader_SharedTraits
(LeaderType, TraitOne, TraitTwo)
VALUES ('LEADER_MANNERHEIM', 'POLICY_PROTECTIVE_X', 'POLICY_SPIRITUAL_X');
--==========================================================================================================================
-- Reference table for text keys. Use these to keep Leader names accurate.
-- [ICON_WAR] Aggressive
-- [ICON_HAPPINESS_1] Charismatic
-- [ICON_CULTURE] Creative
-- [ICON_INFLUENCE] Diplomatic
-- [ICON_FOOD] Expansive
-- [ICON_TRADE] Financial
-- [ICON_CITY_STATE] Imperialistic
-- [ICON_PRODUCTION] Industrious
-- [ICON_RESEARCH] Inventive
-- [ICON_GOLD] Mercantile
-- [ICON_GREAT_PEOPLE] Philosophical
-- [ICON_STRENGTH] Protective
-- [ICON_GREAT_EXPLORER] Seafaring
-- [ICON_PEACE] Spiritual
--==========================================================================================================================
UPDATE [Language_en_US] SET Text = 'Mannerheim[ICON_STRENGTH][ICON_PEACE]' WHERE Tag = 'TXT_KEY_LEADER_MANNERHEIM';

For Kekkonen go to MODS/Hypereon's Republic of Finland (Urho Kekkonen) (v 1)/Code/Suport/Civilization_CultureTypes.sql

And paste at the end of file:

Spoiler :
-- Leader_SharedTraits
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS
Leader_SharedTraits (
LeaderType text REFERENCES Leaders(Type) default null,
TraitOne text REFERENCES Policies(Type) default null,
TraitTwo text REFERENCES Policies(Type) default null);

INSERT INTO Leader_SharedTraits
(LeaderType, TraitOne, TraitTwo)
VALUES ('LEADER_HYP_KEKKONEN', 'POLICY_DIPLOMATIC_X', 'POLICY_INDUSTRIOUS_X');
-- Reference table for text keys. Use these to keep Leader names accurate.
-- [ICON_WAR] Aggressive
-- [ICON_HAPPINESS_1] Charismatic
-- [ICON_CULTURE] Creative
-- [ICON_INFLUENCE] Diplomatic
-- [ICON_FOOD] Expansive
-- [ICON_TRADE] Financial
-- [ICON_CITY_STATE] Imperialistic
-- [ICON_PRODUCTION] Industrious
-- [ICON_RESEARCH] Inventive
-- [ICON_GOLD] Mercantile
-- [ICON_GREAT_PEOPLE] Philosophical
-- [ICON_STRENGTH] Protective
-- [ICON_GREAT_EXPLORER] Seafaring
-- [ICON_PEACE] Spiritual
UPDATE [Language_en_US] SET Text = 'Urho Kekkonen[ICON_INFLUENCE][ICON_PRODUCTION]' WHERE Tag = 'TXT_KEY_LEADER_HYP_KEKKONEN';

I've noticed that adding this code to civilizations file is better than to Civ IV Leader Traits mod compatibility files - in the second case sometimes (probably due to mods loading order) the trait icons don't show (but the traits are working).

So it's time for a new game and to check how your Dip/Ind Uhro Kekkonen is behaving :)

A bug, unfortunately: the Rune Singer may be chosen as a free Great Person by non-Finnish civilisations.

It seems that it's best to make the Rune Singer an ordinary civilian unit to easily combat all these bugs. (Someone in the Workshop was irritated by City-states all the time asking for Rune Singers) My SDK somewhy crashes all the time ATM, I'll reinstall it and do the updating when I have got past this flu I now have, eats a lot of energy.

Also, it stuck to me that the Sauna doensn't seem to give any promotions. Is this problem just in my game or in others' too? This line in the XML should do it:
Code:
<TrainedFreePromotion>PROMOTION_SAUNA</TrainedFreePromotion>
I just can't get it working...

You need to fill out a corresponding UnitPromotions_UnitCombats table to go with the Sauna promotion, so it knows what unit combats are allowed to have it (otherwise it presumes none can).

You need to fill out a corresponding UnitPromotions_UnitCombats table to go with the Sauna promotion, so it knows what unit combats are allowed to have it (otherwise it presumes none can).

Thanks a lot, you're awesome! :king:

Mannerheim updated - version 2 out in Steam Workshop.

v.2:
Bugs:
- Rune Singers should no longer be requested by City-States nor be possible to choose as a Free Great Person.
- Sauna should now actually heal units, it wasn't working correctly in the version 1.
- Corrected some bugs in Civilopedia entries
Balance:
- Sauna healing lowered to +5 XP
- Sissi combat bonus against armored lowered to +33%
Compatibility:
- Now compatible with Ethnic Units and R.E.D. modpack, in which Finland uses Swedish units.

Top Bottom