We´re not all barbarians

Looking good :). Our military is very light :eek: but neither Cyrus or Qin wheoorn at present. Something to work on perhaps (the military, not the wheoorn).

Now that galley is in place we could send settler/keshik pairs through China which is a lot faster than ferrying them by galley.

Kong Miao seems best use for GP.

I'm not sure of the value of AW, perhaps there's something I'm missing.

Given our low economoy (10th at the beginning of my round), i wanted to make to effort on this part. so library/courthouse/market everywhere...

for AW, sorry, i like this wonder.
I have always found that priest giving double duty is a good idea :p.
serioulsly, having priests with 1 more hammer is realy nice as priest are very easy to obtain.

for galley, it was the goal to make the short ferry, not the long carrier.
By the way, i forgot to send a worker by land in advance. next thing to do IMHO. a worker boat in korea can be useful for south cities also.

For settler, i propose indonesia for 1st south town. the hill SE of the ship, there is a good commerce city (2 banana, 1 sugar, 1 fish, 1 spice)

Settling south sounds a fine plan, ferrying workboats sounds better than building them in situ, workers definitely sound useful with jungles to chop.

Still not convinced by AW but maybe I'll get converted during the game.

r_rolo1 (moderator extraordinaire) is UP.

Imhotep is on deck.

Please, moderateur :D if you go french , you need to go all the way :p

Got it, but might take a while to play ( RL + RR16 will surely get in the way for the next 2-3 days )

Just to not delay this much more, I'll just leave the save and soem notes :/

Anyway, played 10 turns.

-We finished A Wat

- Freddie and Louis Dowed Spain. Mega nag asking for enter wars ensued.

- AP resolution for peace with Sal passed

- We settled Australia, but the Chinese are settling java as I speak. I'm pretty sure we will not have Australia all by ourselves :/

Thanks for taking time away from the enigma that is RR16 (genuine, not sarcastic).

Qin is a potential rival for lib.

Toku still wheoorn.

I would have been tempted to put Tiflis 2N to catch 2 grassland tiles.

Australia is cetainly filling up. Maybe get a settler out asap and hope there's somewhere for her to settle down.

If we get a GS from Korea then potentially trade for compass and use GS to partbulb lib.

But overall we're doing as well as can be expected from our starting position and variant limitations (and probably better).

Imhotep is UP.

Thanks for taking time away from the enigma that is RR16
I'm on the other team, and my brain hurts trying to work things out.

Toku is in war with someone else ( Spain? Don't recall ) ;) He asked us to join it, BTW :p

is there is a way to be involved in this war against toku?
I mean ... :mischief: like an army of liberation after someone ask for help... In a non barabarian way ...
(If I were not in a no barbarian games, i would have asked to destroy toku for long time.)

It become a matter of ethic. At this point we were only asked to go to war against far contries. what do we reply in case of an opportunity of a war were we can make lots of profit.
ah japan lands :) ...

Warmongers eh, always looking to kill someone, so barbaric :nono:.

I need a skip as I'm on a business trip till Wednesday. Will be back in the rotation next weekend...

Roster

pigswill- UP :cry:

nocho

LKendter

cripp7

astre

r_rolo1

Imhotep skipped or swopped? we'll find out next w/e ;)

Played a longish and slightly interesting set.

So what was interesting about it you may wonder.

Well, the first item of interest was Cyrus had enough on his hands in 1080, had a stack 2 tiles from our borders and wasn't at war with anyone else. At this point our strongest unit were longbows (and not many of those either). To add to the piquancy Saladin capitulated to Cyrus in 1130, Cyrus demanded we cut our ties with Egypt which we of course refused (quite reasonably in my opinion). We had upset Saladin earlier by refusing to give him education for nothing.

The second item of interest is that we were still engaging in the liberalism race and instead of popping a GS in Korea we popped a GE who subsequently completed National Epic for us in the blink of an eye. To make the liberalism race more interesting and in the interest of world development we traded education quite freely:
Education to Mansa for gunpowder and 90g (1110).
Education to Frederick for compass, machinery and 230g (1110).
Education to Catwoman for engineering and optics (1120)
Gunpowder to Lizzy for guilds (1120).
We also sold some old techs to the also rans (Alex and Toku) for pocket change and renegotiated a couple of deals (including ivory+6gpt for iron with Hats).

While this made the lib race more interesting it also enabled us to chop/build/whip some less naff units in the western provinces.

We got beaten to economics and nationalism and astronomy but still won lib in 1190 and took nationalism.

Karakorum has completed HE and is now building units.

In terms of expansion Toku beat us to the phillipines, Qin has borneo, there's a settler in indonesia who can build a city next turn or board a galley towards Australia.

whaou, what a rise in power graph :D
great job here :)
just a little remarq, we are not going to attack cities, trebuchet might not be our best unit,
pikemens might be more effective.

I propose for the settler to settle in place to gain the 3 resources.
a last city can be buit in siberia north of tiflis (3 grassland and gems and rivers)
Do we go for "liberate" ainu from barbarians?

for economy, we really need to build univercities and banks everywhere.
otrar need to switch to work boat asap.

for liberalism tech, astronomy could have been interesting as south america is our best hope for future.
I propose we go for it for next tech.

Certainly universities and probably Oxford in Beshbalik. I'm assuming that brutish thug Cyrus will attack us in the near future. Even though we're far too civilised to declare war we're more than happy to retaliate, including taking and keeping cities, vassalising the aggressor, annihilating the aggressor or accept generous recompense in a peace treaty.

fine for me :)

just that egypt is more likely to be attacked that us (-2 vs 0) at this time

nocho is UP unless Imhotep is available beforehand.

Top Bottom