Main Download Information

I don't usually consider myself computer illiterate.. but I can't seem to get this modmod working.

I definitely have RoM updated to 2.81, and can play it just fine. The installation seems to go just fine (I've tried installing in both the mods folder and the RoM folder.. not sure which one I'm supposed to install it in).. I get an error at the end of the installation which says: "Windows cannot find 'woc_installer.jar'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

The installer says it worked properly. But, loading up RoM, none of the options of AND are available.

So, what am I doing wrong? Does the AND installation create a new mod that I load up.. or does it just change RoM like I think it should?

Double check you selected the correct path when prompted for the install location of RoM. The path in the installer may look right, but with many different Civ4/BtS and Windows Versions, the path may actually differ.

Double check you selected the correct path when prompted for the install location of RoM. The path in the installer may look right, but with many different Civ4/BtS and Windows Versions, the path may actually differ.

Ah. Silly me.

The path was missing the folder for 2k games.

Afforess, really impressed with this - in fact, I'm so impressed that I'd like to learn a little about how it's put together. Namely, the Mountains, Larger Cities, Resource Refinement, and Surround and Destroy components are very flexible and would be really cool for me to be able to use in vanilla Civ or in some of the other mods I enjoy and I'd like to know how they work from an XML/python standpoint.

((The other components are also brilliant, but are more RoM specific so I don't really expect to be able to port them over))

Afforess, really impressed with this - in fact, I'm so impressed that I'd like to learn a little about how it's put together. Namely, the Mountains, Larger Cities, Resource Refinement, and Surround and Destroy components are very flexible and would be really cool for me to be able to use in vanilla Civ or in some of the other mods I enjoy and I'd like to know how they work from an XML/python standpoint.

((The other components are also brilliant, but are more RoM specific so I don't really expect to be able to port them over))

All the features you listed, are based either in part or wholly in the SDK of Civ. You'd need to have a decent understanding of C++ to port them over to vanilla civ.

It would probably be easier to port it over to RevDCM, since RoM, and by extension, AND is based on RevDCM, therefore you wouldn't need to make any SDK changes, you would just need to adjust many of the techs and remove some of the buildings.

What version of ROM do I need for this mod? Lite, full or Mega? And I'm guessing I install that first, then this over the top of it?

What version of ROM do I need for this mod? Lite, full or Mega? And I'm guessing I install that first, then this over the top of it?

Any works, but very few people have gotten the mega version to work. Yes, it installs overtop.

Just a quick one for you.

I installed pretty much all of AND onto the 2.81 mega and got the black terrian bug. At this time I had 4Gig RAM on windows 7 64bit.

I then reinstalled AND but selected the bare minimum I would be happy with. This pretty much meant deselcting most of the building mods except for Arctic and Early buildings. I probably had 6 or 7 components active on this install and it worked perfectly.

So I went out and bought 4Gig more RAM (8Gig total now), same system configuration. reinstalled AND but this time with almost all of its components selected. Still got the Black terrian bug. Suerly a couple of hundred buildings doesn't take up 4Gig of RAM. Could this be down to a component of AND conflicting with windows 7? I have seen others mention that they were also using it when they encountered the problem.

Would love to get it all working with the Mega pack as i feel i just need those extra civs, But AND brings just as much if not more..... Hmmmmm .................... time to make a tough choice, Mega pack or AND :crazyeye:

Just a quick one for you.

I installed pretty much all of AND onto the 2.81 mega and got the black terrian bug. At this time I had 4Gig RAM on windows 7 64bit.

I then reinstalled AND but selected the bare minimum I would be happy with. This pretty much meant deselcting most of the building mods except for Arctic and Early buildings. I probably had 6 or 7 components active on this install and it worked perfectly.

So I went out and bought 4Gig more RAM (8Gig total now), same system configuration. reinstalled AND but this time with almost all of its components selected. Still got the Black terrian bug. Suerly a couple of hundred buildings doesn't take up 4Gig of RAM. Could this be down to a component of AND conflicting with windows 7? I have seen others mention that they were also using it when they encountered the problem.

Would love to get it all working with the Mega pack as i feel i just need those extra civs, But AND brings just as much if not more..... Hmmmmm .................... time to make a tough choice, Mega pack or AND :crazyeye:

It has to do more with your Video RAM, not your regular RAM. I would first get the latest Video Drivers for your Graphics Card from ATI or NVIDIA, then, if that doesn't work, try the fix on this thread.

It has to do more with your Video RAM, not your regular RAM. I would first get the latest Video Drivers for your Graphics Card from ATI or NVIDIA, then, if that doesn't work, try the fix on this thread.

Thanks for the pointers. The driver update didn't work and unfortunately i'm not prepared to use the omega driver (i'm probably being too cautious) Instead i'm going to download ROM Full and install most of AND..... those extra civs just aint worth losing out on the AND content.

Looking forward to my first game with it.

Thanks as always to the people involved with this, I can't even imagine Civ without ROM and its mod mods :beer:

Hey mr. Afforess, I'd like to ask for some help.

I'm playing RoM 2.80, and I'm tryng to install AND, but I'cant. I've finished the downloading of installation file (a .exe file), I'm moving the .exe file into the RoM folder and tryng to run it, but it shows a fatal error message before starts running the file.

Do you have an idea how to fix it? Am I doing the right procedure to install it?

Is there a page of the installing instruction in this forum? Can you post here the link?

Wait the reply, thanks.

I'm playing RoM 2.80, and I'm tryng to install AND, but I'cant. I've finished the downloading of installation file (a .exe file), I'm moving the .exe file into the RoM folder and tryng to run it, but it shows a fatal error message before starts running the file.

Do you have an idea how to fix it? Am I doing the right procedure to install it?

Is there a page of the installing instruction in this forum? Can you post here the link?

Wait the reply, thanks.

I think the .exe will work from anywhere but to be on the safe side run it from a different folder...... also you need to patch up to 2.81

Wait the reply, thanks.

First off, you need to patch to RoM 2.81. Go look in the forums for the patch.

Run the exe from your desktop, it will always work from there, but there is a chance the download is corrupted, in which case, I recommend you re-download it, and make sure you get the entire 76mb file.

Ok,

I'll try the way you suggest, If the problem persists I ask for help again.

Thanks.

And another question: After installing the AND, can I use the Religion Modular Pack from AAranda for RoM 2.81? Will it work?

I have a question about the max number of world and national wonders in version 1.53.
Didyou change this in the last version.
I want to have some limits in building wonders, but i think max of 4 wonders on a standard map is perhaps to less.

The ai is stronger in the last version and the time between turns is much faster.
with strong castles and walls it'smore a builders game in the pre-gunpowder time.I like that.

I have a question about the max number of world and national wonders in version 1.53.
Didyou change this in the last version.
I want to have some limits in building wonders, but i think max of 4 wonders on a standard map is perhaps to less.

The ai is stronger in the last version and the time between turns is much faster.
with strong castles and walls it'smore a builders game in the pre-gunpowder time.I like that.

The max wonders for AND has been increased to 6 World Wonders a city and 8 National Wonders, but you can select the game option to disable the limit completely. I'm glad you are enjoying it. ;)

Ok,

I'll try the way you suggest, If the problem persists I ask for help again.

Thanks.

And another question: After installing the AND, can I use the Religion Modular Pack from AAranda for RoM 2.81? Will it work?

Yes. In fact, I believe they REQUIRE A New Dawn to work.

The "classic" versions of AAranda's religions work fine without AND. The new improved ones may or may not as I see fit. Currently the new improved Shinto does but I can make it optional, the reason that it did require it turns out to be too unbalanced so I temporarly removed that feature while I tweek it.

I know the trade route limit was increased for RoM 2.8, but has it been increased enough for all the stuff in AND?

Top Bottom