AND Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
... On the other hand, the errors were so small, I was susprised nobody did it before... :p

Those which make the game to crash are small but Maska make more than fix these. He is balancing the pack against the latest revisions, which is a remarkable work !

Ooooh! Well, thanks for pointing it out, everybody.

... On the other hand, the errors were so small, I was susprised nobody did it before... :p

Will save me some work!

Thanks again to you guys for all your hard work - even after all these years it's cool to know there are still players and modders around.

In the first post in the other thread you will find a extensive list of changes and fixes, updated files and balancing of leaders, buildings and units, since the megacivpack was created long ago, and there have been many changes since then. The packaging of the textures, that accelerates the loading of mod three to five times faster and very many more, not only the most obvious errors. There have been many hours of work, and yet there are things that can be improved.

The worst thing is that the submod requires continuous updates, since AND is in continuous development, and especially, the great work of Vokarya with units, buildings and technologies, makes the mod has to update very often. Unfortunately, I have a couple of months extremely busy with my new job, which is from Monday to Sunday, and I'm somewhat delayed in updating the mod. But hey, I'm still working on it.

Hope you enjoy it when the mod is updated. ;)

So this mod(-modmod) is playable without crashes?
Probably there will be a few crashes and errors as MegaCivPack is not being updated as fast as the main mod. But eventually these will be fixed too.

Is there anyone working/planning to work in the near future on MCP to synchronize with the main mod?
If none, maybe I would like to try it.
Maska_zgz was the one working on it but he's busy in real life AFAIK. Send him a PM, maybe you two can cooperate. :)

Edit: also Vokarya was contributing and helping him, maybe he can give some hints

I sent him a PM, but his last activity was "Aug 16, 2014 04:30 PM", so I don't if he gets it, or not :confused:
Hopefully he should have got a mail. I'd say to wait some days and see if he answers.

If anyone has Dacub's Test of Time or TTT civs, can they refitted for AND? Or C2C?

I am not really familiar with those, but I doubt they contain any civ that MCP does not. MCP has more then 100 civs (iirc 101 :) ) Will look after it anyway...

@Sogroon: Once the development of this modpack will restart, i can help to deploy this on github so multiple devs can work at the same time on this. I think this isn't realistic to get on this alone (see real life problems that prevent Maska to work on it). I will also make this submod translatable on transifex, like the main mod !

I had no pm from maska yet :(
I am waiting for Vokarya's next update, but I think I will start working on it than.
Yeah, I would also recommend so. If Maska gets back, you could both work on it, making faster progress.

Too bad he had worked on it but not published his work last time he wrote on this forum :S

EDIT: The formulation wasn't really optimal for what i wanted to say ! Maska has done a great work. I've just wanted to say it's better to share the work, especially on open projects like our.

It's a shame as he said he had worked on it but not published his work last time he wrote on this forum :S

Don't say such things. We don't know what happened to him. Anything can happen just suddenly. In worst case he can be even dead. Be forgiving.

Just as Maska picked up where generalstaff left off, we can pick it up now :). I'm on Christmas break for the next few weeks, so I can lend a hand. The UU's and UB's just need to be tweaked to work with the updates, right?

I can give a quick over view of some of the problems it has now with the latest revisions. Most of the gunpowder and later UU's require Ammo(which was removed from the game) and/or techs that no longer exist in the game. Same with some of the earlier civs but for the most part first generation gunpowder weapon or earlier civs seem to be ok. Some of the UBs though do require techs that no longer exist.

Just as Maska picked up where generalstaff left off, we can pick it up now :). I'm on Christmas break for the next few weeks, so I can lend a hand. The UU's and UB's just need to be tweaked to work with the updates, right?

Okay, for me :)
Than you can start with A and with Z and we shall meet somewhere in the middle.
Just let's wait for Vokarya's update, since he is going to change Monument.
We will also have to check the city names lists. There are some misspellings resulting with TXT_CITYNAME_XYZ appearing on the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom