AND Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was wondering if getting a runtime error common while using the singleplayer.
is there anyway to fix it?

How many civs are you running? Sometimes running all causes issues with machines which are not top of the line due to memory issues.

If you happen to be running only a few of the civs, could you please list what ones you are running so that I can take a look at them and check for errors.

Hi all, this is my first message in this forum, i have a little problem with this addon:

I've installed the full pack and it works but now the mod takes about 3 or 4 minutes to load......while in game the loading times are normal......

My pc:

dual core e8400 3.6ghz
ati 4850 512mb vram
4gb ram
windows 7

suggestions?

In addiction i want to ask another question (sorry if doesn't fit the topic):

is the graphic mod "varietas delectat" compatible with "rom a new dawn"? if not, is "a new dawn" already at the same level of variety in units and buildings?

thanks

If it is 32-bit Windows, you should check out how to Switch 3GB in stickied thread in main Rise of Mankind forum here.
If it is 64-bit Windows, then just lower your graphics as much as you can. Maybe delete civs you don't really like that much. Whatever make the game run better.

The loading time of the game will ALWAYS be over long for games with tons of stuff in Modules folder. No matter what you may do with the computer.

I downloaded this but I don't know where to put the files of Civilizations.
I extracted the files to my desktop then moved the files called "Custom_Civilizations" into the modules folder in my AND. I tried this with only one civilization (The Sioux I think they were called) and it didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

(Also having trouble with the new leader art for Alexander, Cleo, etc but I want the above problem solved first)

(Yes I am a noob at this)

:newyear:

I downloaded this but I don't know where to put the files of Civilizations.
I extracted the files to my desktop then moved the files called "Custom_Civilizations" into the modules folder in my AND. I tried this with only one civilization (The Sioux I think they were called) and it didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

(Also having trouble with the new leader art for Alexander, Cleo, etc but I want the above problem solved first)

(Yes I am a noob at this)

:newyear:

OK, it sounds like you are having folder path issues.

For installing a Civilization, it goes into the "Custom_Civilizations" folder, which is in the "Modules" folder. The path should look like:
"Assets/Modules/Custom_Civilizations/(Civilization)"

I should also note for new LH art, the path should be:
"Assets/Modules/Custom Leaderheads/Other/(Leader)"

If you did that, the issue is the MLF file in the Modules folder. You will need to take the "MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.XML" file from the "Modules" folder in my .zip and overwrite the one in the "Modules" folder in A New Dawn mod. The one in the Modules folder should have the following two entries:
Code:
				<Module>
					<Directory>Custom Leaderheads</Directory>
					<bLoad>1</bLoad>
				</Module>
				<Module>
					<Directory>Custom_Civilizations</Directory>
					<bLoad>1</bLoad>
				</Module>
Also, "Custom Leaderheads" and "Custom_Civilizations" require both MLF .XML files inside the respective folders to work (using the wrong file will cause things not to load).

Hopefully one of these two things work. Also as a progress note, I finished with Akkadians, Switzerland, and Venezuela. I found the necessary art for Colombia, and since I already have it designed, it is only a matter of time.

Version 1.1 uploaded.

Version History:
v.1.1: Bugfix (Custom Leaderheads MLF, Seljuks, Vedic, Vietnam), Graphics Improvement (Mongol Arstyle Expanded, Leopold I, Yagan), Gametext Fix (Chola), New Leaders (Shammuramat), New Civilizations (Akkad, Bangladesh, Colombia, Iraq (Faisal Moved), Pakistan, Somalia, Switzerland, Venezuela, Yemen)
v.1.0: Initial Release

Thank you again for your patience...and enjoy.

EDIT:
Fixed typo in Readme (in OP) Version History. Nothing major though.

Woohoo! Iraq is added! Let's all have a modern day war!

Also a congrats to Generalstaff because his next post will be his 1000th :band:

First of all, congratulations on releasing 1.1 of your Civ pack.

And now some questions:

Is there a Phil/Ind leader in your pack ?

Also, as my PC can take only 10-15 additional civs, should I run the WoC_installer.jar or not ? Because, I have heard that it can cause errors, if you remove the civ after the installer have been run.

I downloaded the files, unzipped them in AND, and run the mod. loading the mod takes hours, and it crashes before loading completly. I run Win7

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/12/2011, 20:28:29
Machine name: PCDEPAPA
Operating System: Windows:):):):):):):):):):):):)7 Édition Familiale Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
Language: French (Regional Setting: French)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
System Model: G73Jw
BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/30/09 15:13:23 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3948MB RAM
Page File: 3969MB used, 3925MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 460M
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DD1&SUBSYS_20421043&REV_A1
Display Memory: 3221 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1503 MB
Shared Memory: 1718 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Moniteur Plug-and-Play générique
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: AUO139E
Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (59.653Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.5912 (English)
Driver Version: 8.17.12.5912
DDI Version: 10.1

Unless your computer is an ultra powerful Alienware Laptop I don't think you are able to load all of the Civ's.

I've only put in about 15 new ones and all the new leaderheads for existing Civ's and I'm already crashing a little

I haven't crashed yet, but the game is moving particularly slowly around 1100 turns in, taking about one to two minutes between each turn. Is this normal for the mod, or is this a significant addition due to the new civs and leaderheads?

I have about 40 of the civs in my game now. How many would I need to remove in order to see a sizeable increase in turn speed?

As it stands, Snail mode is unplayable because the game slugs to a near stop around 1000/3000 turns in, and Marathon mode is unplayable because time moves too fast and it's 1992 AD and no one's even discovered Gunpowder yet and I've just built my first 8 unit army ;-;

Yeah, you'll probably need more than 4Gb of RAM to load all the civs from the mega pack...

I haven't tried the mega pack yet, and I have had no between turn time problems on two different computers.

What difficulty do you use? Did you turn the sharing of techs off? If you're bothered by the lack of time problem, just remove the time limit and master victory settings...

I didn't have this problem in my marathon game - though something seems wrong with my epic game where I have a 64 million people capital and gunpowder units while it's not even 1 AD...

I have 8GB RAM, I use Increasing Difficulty and regularly flex between on average, Prince and Monarch and Emperor to Deity

I went and cut the amount of additional civs down to 20, and I have some 70 custom leaderheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom