AND Resurrection Team

Will be unavailable from Friday evening till Sunday evening this weekend. No computer access, wife and I celebrating our 40th Wedding Anniversary.

JosEPh

Will be unavailable from Friday evening till Sunday evening this weekend. No computer access, wife and I celebrating our 40th Wedding Anniversary.

JosEPh

Happy Anniversary to you and your wife Joseph! :)
When you get back I hope I have a nice surprise for you! :D

As promised, here's my surprise for you & Happy Anniversary, Joseph; I think I've been able to clone the latest version of KROME and I've made you admin on sourceforge. I hope everything works as it's supposed to. The new SVN can be found here svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/krome2/krome2 and of course you have access to the code via sourceforge. :) I hope you will enjoy it!

Thank you very much 45*!

One small problem I have not figured out. If I try a simple file change and use Commit it fails/cancelled, no authorization. What do I need to do? How do I provide authorization?

I have the file Checked out. I've checked my account and it shows up there too.

JosEPh

I got the part about password for Plink figured out. Re checking out now.

May still need to add trunk in the last part of the URL though. We'll see.

EDIT: Needed to add this to beginning of URL svn+ssh://<username>@svn.code.sf.net/p/krome2/krome2/ At <username> put your login username without the < and >

Just did a Small change to ReligionInfos and committed. It worked and is at version 11.

JosEPh

I got the part about password for Plink figured out. Re checking out now.

May still need to add trunk in the last part of the URL though. We'll see.

EDIT: Needed to add this to beginning of URL svn+ssh://<username>@svn.code.sf.net/p/krome2/krome2/ At <username> put your login username without the < and >

Just did a Small change to ReligionInfos and committed. It worked and is at version 11.

JosEPh

Very good! :goodjob:
I'm happy to know you've made it work correctly!

Thank you again 45*. :D

JosEPh

EDIT: I can make changes/commits but the Mod won't load. GFC error at xml (uncached) on loading screen. Have not figured out how to get past it yet.

Thank you again 45*. :D

JosEPh

EDIT: I can make changes/commits but the Mod won't load. GFC error at xml (uncached) on loading screen. Have not figured out how to get past it yet.

Either rename the mod folder from Krome2 to Krome or change CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml (under assets\xml\art) and Civ4.thm (under Resource folder) to match krome2 path (it's enough to change from "krome" to "krome2" in both files). :)

Source, googled here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=368855

Okay did that and can load mod. Unfortunately jt's set up screen has multiple problems. I tried a Play now to clear the cache. I loaded the Mod and held the Shift key down during the loading process and both methods gave the same messed up Set up screen. So I have to figure out how to remove jt's screen. Also if I continued and start a game the bottom section borders are missing as is the EoT red button. You can't see it but if you get the pionter in the right place you can end the turn.

So what ever he did or I did has the GUI display messed up. :p Ugh!

JosEPh

EDIT: Got it back to normal now. And I'll stop posting about it here too. Cluttering up this thread.

Again Thank You 45* :)

Hi
Good to see that some are still in the mood for moding ...
I can help with beta testing in MP, if MP will be developing, (reduce or eliminate OOS).
I can Help with traduction to French as well if it is of any interrest.

Hi
Good to see that some are still in the mood for moding ...
I can help with beta testing in MP, if MP will be developing, (reduce or eliminate OOS).
I can Help with traduction to French as well if it is of any interrest.

To tell the truth, it looks like in the latest revisions there are few OOS; have you tried the mod lately? And at the moment there's no code which isn't going directly to the svn version, so if you want to test the game in MP you only have to download the latest svn revision.
As for the french translation, that would be nice; IIRC there were already some files which were translated in french but if you can supply french translation, I will surely add it to the mod. You can just zip your files and upload them here or somewhere else and I will add your translations (with proper credits) to the next revisions. Thank you for your offer. :)

I'm extremely excited that RAND is being resurrected and becoming active again. It was such a joy to play, and helped keep Civ IV going strong. When RAND "finished", it was a sad day for many of us Civ junkies.

I moved on to playing C2C which was loaded with so much creative content that it was like an entirely new game. Those guys have done great work and to this day continue to produce some amazing experiences.

My favorite thing is to play these mods with friends in a multiplayer setting. Even the newest paid titles on the market don't provide as much depth and enjoyment in my mind as some of these mods. Sadly, C2C has grown so much that the multiplayer element is beginning to get lost in the updates. I want to be absolutely sure I don't say anything that could be misconstrued as a knock on those modders - as a single player game it is abosultely astonishing what they have created. It is what Civ V should have been. But I have found it nearly impossible to play multiplayer games with the mod because of OOS problems. I will continue to play it on single player and lurk their forum to find out what awesome stuff they have in store!

That being said, RAND's stability (especially as it relates to multiplayer) is what I crave right now. I'm hoping that as you guys move forward that you will remember how important the multiplayer element is to many of us. With Civ V disallowing multiplayer mods completely, you are on the front lines, defending the multiplayer turn-based strategy game with every update! No pressure!

Anyways, just wanted to extend my gratitude to those of you that continue to volunteer time and effort for the community.

Well said and I agree 100%. I haven't tried the last AND2 revision via MP as most of my friends have given up trying to play AND + C2C via mp (so many fails and oos frustrations). I really hope the OOS plague ends once and for all.

Well said and I agree 100%. I haven't tried the last AND2 revision via MP as most of my friends have given up trying to play AND + C2C via mp (so many fails and oos frustrations). I really hope the OOS plague ends once and for all.

I'm currently trying a MP game with my wife, to see how it works. 200/600 turns gone, starting medieval era and no CTD, 1 OOS solved by reloading the game from last save 1 turn before (large map, blitz speed, noble level, perfectmoongose, revolutions, no barb civs). Of course the real challenge is starting in the modern era where most of the CTD and OOS appear. Let's see how it turns out.

Thank you all guys, with your support, suggestions, opinions and bugs reporting you're keeping this mod alive as much as the Resurrection Team is doing. :)

I've played an MP game with AND2 and am 320 turns in....one other human player. Huge map, marathon speed. Solid as a rock.

OOS 0
CTD 0

Still early, right around Medieval period, but still looks great!

Thanks you :)

I've played an MP game with AND2 and am 320 turns in....one other human player. Huge map, marathon speed. Solid as a rock.

OOS 0
CTD 0

Still early, right around Medieval period, but still looks great!

Please keep telling us how it goes the game, especially in more advanced eras. I have a terrible desire to play the mod with my friends, and I would like to know the current stability of the mod in multiplayer. :)

Top Bottom