More music

Would be cool to contribute something like that, but alas it's a bit beyond my current ability I imagine.
Don't underestimate yourself ! I didn't know how to code 3 months ago ! If the idea interest you, you just have to read some lessons and try on !

Gilgames lived in the 27th century B.C.E, Roosevelt lived in the 20th century A.D. There is a little time gap between the two, but who cares.
Than why bother the time gap between homans and dinos and mamoths and etc. :king:

Humans and mammoths co-existed and Gilgamesh and Roosevelt were both humans. Humans and dinosaurs are some 65 million years distant (at minimum).

Humans and mammoths co-existed and Gilgamesh and Roosevelt were both humans. Humans and dinosaurs are some 65 million years distant (at minimum).

I think what he's trying to say is that Civilization hasn't exactly been a "Historically accurate" game so putting dinosaur units into the Ancient era wouldn't be too terrible of a problem :lol:

We've got leaders like Roosevelt and Gilgamesh both starting in the same Stone Age esque era and start, despite the huge gap between them. And Monty of the Aztecs conquering the world with Stealth Bombers, Tanks, and Mech.Infantry while still holding sacrifices at his altars heh.

For the sake of fun and amusement, what does it matter how many years have passed between this leader and that leader, or between humans and prehistoric beasties? :D
*Fondly recalls the Dinosaur Barbs scenario from CivIII Conquests* <3

*Edit* Was meaning to post an icon I designed a moment ago, but then I got wrapped up in making this other comment heh.

I wanted a unique icon for some of the Civ mods I play that don't currently have one (Or have one that I don't much care for)
View attachment 377500

I know an Earth picture or something would be better for the background, but I was originally making this to replace my shortcut to 'Multiverse' and I started to like the look of the one I was tinkering with, so changed the text to read A New Dawn :>

It's just a small modmod(mod? :crazyeye:) that isn't even included in the main download, so what's the fuss? I need more time to play, I wanna try it!

Nice icon!

It's just a small modmod(mod? :crazyeye:) that isn't even included in the main download, so what's the fuss? I need more time to play, I wanna try it!

Nice icon!

A little novelty change for amusement and fun ^^
Heh, I guess AND is "technically" a modmod of RoM, so this would be a modmodmod? :crazyeye: :lol:

Hah, I've been poking around with the XML on the two dinos, mostly just for fun and stuff. Is technically Sogroon's modmod so I don't think any changes I make would be considered but hey. I'd like to be able to make some models of my own sometime though, I've got the modeling bit almost down but rigging? Animating? What about actually getting it into the game?!
Animating's the part that's getting me the most worried honestly. Walk cycles, bah! :mad:

Haha thanks, I didn't really spend much time on it but it does look kinda nice? ^^

I think what he's trying to say is that Civilization hasn't exactly been a "Historically accurate" game so putting dinosaur units into the Ancient era wouldn't be too terrible of a problem :lol:

We've got leaders like Roosevelt and Gilgamesh both starting in the same Stone Age esque era and start, despite the huge gap between them. And Monty of the Aztecs conquering the world with Stealth Bombers, Tanks, and Mech.Infantry while still holding sacrifices at his altars heh.

That's exatly what I meant :high5:

A little novelty change for amusement and fun ^^
Heh, I guess AND is "technically" a modmod of RoM, so this would be a modmodmod? :crazyeye: :lol:

Hah, I've been poking around with the XML on the two dinos, mostly just for fun and stuff. Is technically Sogroon's modmod (...)

To be honest it was rather a copy-paste-edit on other mods. For this reason I prefer calling my "crations" simply addons.
Dinos I found in Multiverse mod, I only made icons myself for the raptor and triceratops.

I'd like to be able to make some models of my own sometime though, I've got the modeling bit almost down but rigging? Animating? What about actually getting it into the game?!
Animating's the part that's getting me the most worried honestly. Walk cycles, bah! :mad:
Why don't you try editing models that already exist&work in Civ4?
I guess Vokarya is done with adding new units (and models) for a while, but still help could be neccesary. For example: I like the Rover much better than the Hovercar (blue volkswagen, as one said :) ), but it is rather a moden era unit, and not futuristic enough for the transhuman era.

To be honest it was rather a copy-paste-edit on other mods. For this reason I prefer calling my "creations" simply addons.
Dinos I found in Multiverse mod, I only made icons myself for the raptor and triceratops.

I've been tinkering with their XML traits on and off since installing it, it's kind of fun actually :p
I don't know if I'll ever actually settle on a final trait set for them hah.

One thing I'd like to try and accomplish some day would be dinos that could actually be trained, in a way similar to C2C's "Alternate Timelines" module. Elephant Bombards? Hah, a Tyrannosaurus mounted with a cannon would be so much more terrifying! (And bordering silly to see :lol: )
Ah I can dream though can't I? :p

Why don't you try editing models that already exist&work in Civ4?
I guess Vokarya is done with adding new units (and models) for a while, but still help could be neccesary. For example: I like the Rover much better than the Hovercar (blue volkswagen, as one said :) ), but it is rather a moden era unit, and not futuristic enough for the transhuman era.

Because I have no idea how to do that :crazyeye:

One thing I'd like to try and accomplish some day would be dinos that could actually be trained, in a way similar to C2C's "Alternate Timelines" module. Elephant Bombards? Hah, a Tyrannosaurus mounted with a cannon would be so much more terrifying! (And bordering silly to see :lol: )
Ah I can dream though can't I? :p
We onyl need a model for that :)

We onyl need a model for that :)

And a 'Dinosaur Taming' technology :whipped: :D

Heh, I've got plenty of models I could try converting into a format Civ could use (.Nik right?), but the problem is that when it comes to 3D models there's usually... Restrictions attached when it comes to game usage. Often models are like, free for personal use, but aren't allowed to be used in games of any kind (Or can be used, if you buy a license to) and the same goes for many commercial models. Pay $20 for this cute looking T-rex, but you need to pay $60 to be allowed to use it in games.

As I've more or less forgotten where I've gotten most of my models (Been at this 3D hobby for about seven years now), it'd be a pain tracking down the sources to see if they've got the O-K to utilize them as units in Civ. Which leaves just making models of my own, which given enough time I could do quite nicely. That would only leave needing to rig them and get animations in for attacks, death, and movement - or pay someone to do it for me :p

Also as a plus, it feels so much more fulfilling to have made it myself :D
View attachment 377553
Second dino I was working on, might be a replacement for the current rex someday? :)

Alternative terrain

Alternative terrain originally created by Sparth. I just changed a few lines in the xml to make it work with RAND.

Before:
Civ4ScreenShot0027.JPGCiv4ScreenShot0026.JPG
After:
Civ4ScreenShot0029.JPGCiv4ScreenShot0028.JPG

Download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qe8hgldmz1xuy2z/Alternative%20Terrain.rar

Installation:
  1. Extract the file
  2. Copy the Assets folder to your Rise of Mankind - A new Dawn folder
  3. Say 'Yes' to overwrite files
  4. Enjoy :)

Nice find !

@Sogroon: Could you write a small description of each of your addon for the module part of the launcher (300-500 chars) ?

Alternative terrain

Alternative terrain originally created by Sparth. I just changed a few lines in the xml to make it work with RAND.

Before:
View attachment 378075View attachment 378074
After:
View attachment 378076View attachment 378077

Download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qe8hgldmz1xuy2z/Alternative%20Terrain.rar

Installation:
  1. Extract the file
  2. Copy the Assets folder to your Rise of Mankind - A new Dawn folder
  3. Say 'Yes' to overwrite files
  4. Enjoy :)

Pretty cool :)
I'm especially a fan of those marshes and deserts.

The deserts are certainly nice. The whole feel is somewhat darker, though.

Sure. I will try to do it tomorrow.

There is no hurry. I want to be sure the launcher and updater are stable before to reimplant addon management.

Wow, really good looking terrain!

More Music v1.3

• CIV4EraInfos.xml is now modular, changing only the soundtrack list. It has no impact on gameplay at all.
  • Removed some music not fitting in their eras (PanzerGenerals from Industrial and RedAlert from Modern eras)
  • Added a lot of new music for Transhuman era (and Future era as well). Now Transhuman era has a completely new playlist, different from Modern ear.

Enjoy :)

Oh darn!, I have been lazy no sending some feedback to you about More Music.
I have been wanting to tell you how much I am enjoying the More Music Mod and that I have removed some pieces from the modern era folder because the pieces containing the "boom boom boom" drumbeats get on my nerves after a short while. A small price to pay for the amount of pleasure this mod brings.

I wanted also to suggest to add more martial music to the industrial and modern eras as that is when major buildups and major wars happen.

I am now downloading 1.3 and looking forward to hearing the new music. I am grateful that you recognize that any music gets stale after a while. I wonder if it would be possible to leave the existing music and just add the new selections during the upgrade so that favorite pieces could be saved.

I wanted also to suggest to add more martial music to the industrial and modern eras as that is when major buildups and major wars happen.
What exatly do you mean? Could you give some youtube examples?

WTF! I am having an issue with Dropbox . They are listed as a trusted site on my browser so their should be no problem???

Hmm, I don't know what the problem can be? :confused: Did you manage to download it finally?

Could someone else confirm whether the download works or not, please?

Top Bottom