Fixed Borders, Minimum City Border, Revolution, City Flipping

Revolution will NOT become mandatory, nothing to worry about....

I wasn't worried about that. Is that what you got out of my post?

Please drop the discussion regarding making Revolutions a default forced option. It will never happen. The people who have brought the topic up are spreading FUD and have an agenda. There never has been any discussion on the team to make Revolutions a default option, so the discussion here is at best, pointless waste of words, and at worst, a tactic to drive a wedge between members of the community here.

Revolutions will always be optional.

Is this and the following post directed at me?

If it is, then you, Afforess did not read my post correctly. And I've never been a salesman in my life and until that wiki thing you posted had no idea what a FUD was either.

It wasn't necessary for "anyone" to post that REV would be made mandatory or Not. My post just gave some history on REV and it's role in RoM and AND. And then my personal thoughts on if it ever was and what I would do personally.

The people who have brought the topic up are spreading FUD and have an agenda.

I sincerely hope Afforess that you didn't make that post to be directed at me. That was inflammatory to say the least, if it was. And I'm sadden by it. Why was it even necessary to add that in to your post, even if it was not directed at my post?

:sad: Truly :sad: to see that type of mean spirited response. :(

JosEPh

I wasn't worried about that. Is that what you got out of my post?

You clearly conveyed that you were worried. You spent one paragraph contrasting the differences between mine and Zappara's leadership. Then you spent the next paragraph how you would protest if I made it optional - as if it was a serious point of concern.

I'd protest if someone turned RAND into a "Hello Kitty" mod too, but the chance of that happening and the chance of the Revolutions mod being forced enabled are exactly the same. You were clearly spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt, even if you weren't familiar with the exact concept. There is no good reason you brought it up. The only reasons one can fathom are that you: either like to hear yourself talk, or you wish to undermine the mod.

It's not mean spirited to want to shelter this mod from pointless discussions.

I want everyone to drop the particular topic, not just you Joseph. Let's stick to the actual topic of this thread, Fixed Borders, Minimum City Borders, and City Flipping.

By the way, is it worth it to "aid rebel factions" to increase the rebellious sentiment? Wouldn't it be more efficient to spread your culture?

You can't spread culture without having at least 0.00001% of your culture already in the city. So if it is far away and your culture has never had a chance to reach the city, yes, you can't spread it.

However, in all other cases, you are right. Spreading culture costs about 1/10 the aid rebel factions and adds between 5-15% of your own culture to a city. I've had an AI go from squishing my cities with their culture, to encircling their cities with my culture through 6 spy missions to spread culture. It was very effective.

You clearly conveyed that you were worried. You spent one paragraph contrasting the differences between mine and Zappara's leadership. Then you spent the next paragraph how you would protest if I made it optional - as if it was a serious point of concern.

I'd protest if someone turned RAND into a "Hello Kitty" mod too, but the chance of that happening and the chance of the Revolutions mod being forced enabled are exactly the same. You were clearly spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt, even if you weren't familiar with the exact concept. There is no good reason you brought it up. The only reasons one can fathom are that you: either like to hear yourself talk, or you wish to undermine the mod.

It's not mean spirited to want to shelter this mod from pointless discussions.

I want everyone to drop the particular topic, not just you Joseph. Let's stick to the actual topic of this thread, Fixed Borders, Minimum City Borders, and City Flipping.

Do you like Bill Maher?

JosEPh

Top Bottom