Civ World Questions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

I asked a question in the main forum and never got a reply, probably b/c it was rather dumb. Anyway, I *think* I know what to do, but now I'm totally locked out of the game! I can't build, harvest, or do anything at all! It just says "Game Over" in my panel. Is there a way to start over? If so, how?

Have you gone to your thrown room and clicked on the "Your Games" tab? Before when a game ended it would automatically assign you to a new game, but now it loads the completed game, requiring you to join a new game yourself.

Thanks JSwartz. My next question now is how do I complete that caravan? I've tried it and I can't get the roads to go thru the villages and then to the city. Is there a trick to it?

Did you go through all the "towns on the way"? If not, you need to.

Heh, the sneaky edit makes my post look a bit weird now, but glad you got it worked out.

For next question, as far as I know, you can only have as many houses as you have population points, or 'people' at the bottom of your screen.

Do you receive more fame points when you are a minister during an era win? (trying to decide if getting the last interior minister is worth it... receiving harvests vs. possible fame points)

And does it matter if your civ wins the era?

Lastly!!! I was in a game where one guy just kept switching from civ to civ... is it possible to reap the rewards associated with say, finance and interior and then move to another civ and do them again?

Thanks guy!!

Well, when you jump from civ to civ, between you have to sit out a set length of time. The first swap is time-free, but the next requires you waiting an hour before you can join a new civ, and it doubles each time after that. But when you're in a civ, you're in a civ, even if only for a brief period of time.

But I know that how many fame points you get from era wins (yes.... it does matter that you win eras) is dependent on your rank, and now, the only way to get promotions is thru medals, so yeah..... you may have to become IM, if the other medals aren't an option for you.

Well, when you jump from civ to civ, between you have to sit out a set length of time. The first swap is time-free, but the next requires you waiting an hour before you can join a new civ, and it doubles each time after that. But when you're in a civ, you're in a civ, even if only for a brief period of time.

But I know that how many fame points you get from era wins (yes.... it does matter that you win eras) is dependent on your rank, and now, the only way to get promotions is thru medals, so yeah..... you may have to become IM, if the other medals aren't an option for you.

Well that sort of answered my questions. Rank and ministries affect your fame when an era is won.

I understand the time delay... but that wasn't really my question. Any insight?

Ministry doesn't affect your fame when an era is won. Only rank does. However, gaining a ministry increases your rank.

And yes, you do reap the rewards of that civ while you are in it.

Lastly!!! I was in a game where one guy just kept switching from civ to civ... is it possible to reap the rewards associated with say, finance and interior and then move to another civ and do them again?

Thanks guy!!

I think what are you asking here, is whether you can win financial medals, construction medals, etc. for milestones you've already passed in one civ by leaving and joining another civ. The answer to that is no. (At least, it was when I last played; it's been a little while).

The milestone that awards the next medal automatically updates when you join a new civ. For instance, that means that if you are pop 8 and join a civ where everyone is pop 7 or less, the population medal milestone will update to pop 9. I believe it works the same way for financial and construction medals; you can never get more than one medal for a single milestone.

^
That's not correct.
You can harvest the same medals when joining another civ or founding a new one.

1. where do you get commodoties from (besides the market)
2. can you rename your city?
3. can you choose your civ?
4. can you make another city?

1.) They're only in the market
2.) Not that I'm aware of sadly.
3.) If you mean choosing which civs you can create when founding a new nation, you're only choices are those that are randomly provided.
4.) No

Alright, for even more questions...

My civ built the Hanging Gardens FIRST (that is, before anyone else) and it disappeared when I logged in today. Whats up with that?

How do you improve a merchant's productivity?

Top Bottom