Zulu's overrun combat advantage

Arvedui

Great Prophet
So, the starting bonus for the Zulu is the so-called overrun combat advantage or benefit. But what does it do, exactly? When I aim a Zulu offensive unit over a defending enemy, I don't see any modifier named like that... Is it a hidden mechanic that favors them in battles, despite the fact that it's not explicited?

So, the starting bonus for the Zulu is the so-called overrun combat advantage or benefit. But what does it do, exactly? When I aim a Zulu offensive unit over a defending enemy, I don't see any modifier named like that... Is it a hidden mechanic that favors them in battles, despite the fact that it's not explicited?

Normally you overrun units with an advantage of 7 to 1. With zulu you have to have more than 3 to 1 (3,1 should be enough). However single units against barbarians need an advantage of 14 to 1 or 6 to 1

Overrun allows your units to win a combat without actually fighting, thus giving it experience points without risk. As MorteEterna said, overrun normally happens when your unit has 7 times the strength of your opponent's unit (usually a strong army against a lone, weak unit), but the Zulu units need only be 3 times stronger than the opposing unit (usually an elite army against a rookie army) to trigger the overrun rule.

Zulu should theoretically race through military techs to leverage this bonus and wage lightning-fast conquest wars against backwards opponents. I can't tell in practice though, I don't play the Zulu very often.

Oh, OK, thanks. Is this in the manual for the Xbox or the PS3? Because I only have the DS version, and nowhere could I find this info, even in the expanded downloadable DS manual for CivRev.

The Xbox 360 civilopedia doesnt give much info. It doesnt even tell you thing like Irrigation will give you more food on tiles next to rivers.

Top Bottom