[MOD] Age of Discovery II

Hey! I dont have the game yet, because somehow people at firaxis dont like to launch games in Brasil (A shame, Mr. Will Right did that with Simcity Societies and SPORE). And the fact is, New Portugal should be named BRASIL, because Brasil is the only colony that Portugal had. It was called Brasil becouse of the Trees they found in our shorelines.

It's called New Portugal, because it fits with every other colony. It's a game, just be happy I put Portugal in. :)

On the bright side, when you declare independance your flag does become Brazils, so you get that.

You also forgot the Azores and Canary Islands (for a while).

- Added Colonization I map (random bonuses and Indian placement)

Will you add a map with historically accurate indian placement? Thanks!

looking foward to getting colonization and downloading AOD II, am glad to see portugal is included, personally i think their color should be the same as it is in bts though(green) as a minor comment. again, looking foward to downloading.

Here's some more leaders and traits I wanted :(:

Tiradentes (Agricultural, Indepedent) - +100% non-food or fish crop production
^ +3 people can work at Liberty Hall

Nograda (Agricultural, Imperialistic)- +100% non-food or fish crop production
^ Missionaries can convert native cities but
^ converted native cities lose half their
^ population at time of conversion

Will you add a map with historically accurate indian placement? Thanks!

If you could provide a reference that would be great and make my job easy. :)

It's called New Portugal, because it fits with every other colony. It's a game, just be happy I put Portugal in. :)

On the bright side, when you declare independance your flag does become Brazils, so you get that.

Ho well, fine by me. I'm glad enough someone bothered going where the dev team should have.

By the way, wich Brazilian flag did you use for independence? Empire of Republic?

Current flag. Only one I had. :lol:

I'll try it soon, but I still want to try the game itself before any mod. Could anyone just tell me what this mod is? It had portugal and pirate.

But can you play pirate?

Juste a quick description please.

Current flag. Only one I had. :lol:
Still makes sence. After all, Brazil's historical independence has litle to do with how the game mechanisms handles it, cool as it may have been.

Just for choice's sake anyway, here's the flag of the Empire of Brazil:

And the first flag of The Republic of the United States of Brazil:

I don't know any such thing, since I'm not on your development team... ;)

Is it that complex to make a flag? I made them for C4DG and I'm not very clever with these things... DDSConverter FTW, IIRC.

I got more important things to learn, like code, than making flags. :p

That's why I get others to do it. Delegation dear Snoop, delegation. ;)

If you could provide a reference that would be great and make my job easy. :)

Sure, I find you some reference for it. Also historical starting positions for the european powers would be nice, like the english and french starting near North America, the spanish and dutch in the caribbean and the portuguese in South America. :)

Macau, Congo, Angola, Mozambique, Cape Verde, Goa, Sri Lanka, Barbados, etc. don't count then? (There are a lot more, but the above were among the longest-held and most important.)
I believe "In the New World" was implied.

I believe "In the New World" was implied.

If I remember my history lessons correctly, Brazil wasnt the only portuguese colony in south america, we had others that were later ceded to the dutch or french i dont remember.

Sure, I find you some reference for it. Also historical starting positions for the european powers would be nice, like the english and french starting near North America, the spanish and dutch in the caribbean and the portuguese in South America. :)

I second this, it was a huge disapointment seeing the indians randomly placed, colonization 1 did a better job at this... And then there's the problem with the starting locations, most players start near the amazon... Also noticed the area in the map that allows ships to sail to europe is too far from the north american coast, any way to expand the area near the coast?

Any map maker expert volunteers to fix the western hemisphere huge map? :)

If I remember my history lessons correctly, Brazil wasnt the only portuguese colony in south america, we had others that were later ceded to the dutch or french i dont remember.
We lost parts of Brazil to the French and Dutch indeed, but they weren't really considered a diferent Colony or Colonial Area.

Then again, our method of administrating colonial buisness in the New World wasn't really the English method that the game is better designed to reproduce.

Top Bottom