Immortal slavers!

It was a trap obviously... just to see if you are focus :lol: ... (OK I will go hiding somewhere ...)

We should probably research Agr before Pottery to improve the Spanish cities and for the prereq bonus.

How about trading COL rather than Aesthetics?

This certainly is an option. Thing is, it'll delay our rush even further tough having CS available early is nice. I don't expect we'll get many altars done before we finish building cats tough...

With CoL we might get more trades in total but they won't be as balanced as when we trade aest around (meaning we'll get some +x for fair trade relations). Also we lose a possible trading chip for later techs (currency, calendar, theo, MC) as COL is very low priority for the AI once confu gets founded.

I don't mind doing something unusual (besides the jag-rush I mean :p) and tech CoL. Two other notes:

- we should gift cheap religious techs (medi, poly, priest) to Ai that lack it to get some diplo bonuses, we can use them

- also start trading resources to the AI as soon as it's available, also for the diplo relations. We can trade away both clams as we don't need the health atm.

Aesthetics would be a bad choice. I'm a bit pressed for time right now so I can't elaborate. Alphabet or CoL is much better (preferrably CoL).

Got it for 20 turns.

45 - Put EPs on Pericles and Hammurabi. We already have enough to see Isabella's demographics. We could see her research in 15 turns, but I skip it because her research is predictable and too many other factors would affect whether she will have axes. Finish Barracks and start Jags.

45-59 -
* scout sees ocean N of Spain, and a horse pasture.

* wheel -> agr -> pottery -> writing
* Jag has opportunity to attack a barb archer 2.5/3 combat I. 83.4 without cover. Give him cover for 94.1. Attack for XP, but lose. :( The Archer wanders off to pillage Spain.
* Hammurabi founds Judaism.
* Trade connection to Greece opens (he has no resources for trade).

59 - I'm about to whip a worker (5 pop to 3, to keep the gold worked) when I have an opportunity for a double worker steal from Isabella. We have 5 jags, which is 150% of her on the power graph. Hmm.

I do it and find Barcelona.

60 - Pericles finishes Great Wall.

61 - Barcelona has not been reinforced. Nor whipped. She's still in Tribalism. Good old Isabella. Attack at 64.8 and win. Trade connection to Hammurabi opens. Nodoby has writing yet. I intend to trade Clams to Hammurabi for Cow, then forget and don't do it.

Find Madrid.

I consider whether to choke out the settler. The Jag SE of Barcelona could get Woodsman II and move 1S of Madrid. But I think not. If she wants to leave Madrid with fewer defenders, I'm OK with that.

62 - Executive decision to go COL. Writing -> Meditation.

64 - She moves her now-healed C1 chariot toward Barcelona. Jag has 75% with C1. Give him C2 for 79.3% (OK, that was a bad deal) but lose anyway.

65 - She moves out another Combat I Chariot. I have left 3 Jags with movement points (SW and SE of Madrid and SE of Barcelona) as a gift to the next player. She's still in Tribalism but has learned BW. Also - I was neglectful in the last few turns and have not made any OB or resource trades. Clam to Hammurabi for Cow is still the only resource trade available.

Attachments

• Compulsive Slaver BC-1400.CivBeyondSwordSave
    96.9 KB · Views: 122
Curious to hear Rustens reason why aest is bad...

War situation looking good. Don't pillage the horses, I don't mind chariots so much...

Madrid looks like an ideal cottage city. Too bad we can't build any :( What about beelining to communism and run a hammer eco? ;)

Do we plan to settle more cities before we attack pericles? We'll already have 3, probabely 4 cities (tough Seville (?) city soon to be founded likely, might be auto-razed...), which is enought imo.

We have plenty of workers. We should start mining near Teno and connect our cities via roads.

Is someone wanting to play this weekend? Shyuhe said he's away this weekend so there would be another swap. Paulus?

Okay, got it. Do I still play 20 turns or are we shifting to a lower number?

You are right that we should leave the horses since chariots are easier to kill with jags than archers (and the AI, for some odd reason, sometimes builds them for city defense).

Nevertheless we need to make haste with taking down Madrid. I've checked that Izzy can indeed switch to slavery; and though she has no axes, her whipping a lot of archers would make the war costly, so I'll try to get it over with. We can 2-pop whip jaguars if need be at Barcelona, I prefer using the whip there for a library but I don't know whether we have that luxury.

With our empire now growing a bit stretched I think CoL makes sense; it'll keep the costs of Madrid and Barcelona down, and let us :whipped: them ;). By that time we can probably trade it for Alpha and Math as well.

Hi guys!

Sorry for the lack of response this 48h, got plenty of stuffs to do...
Things are looking great! except that the RNG seems to dislike us... those bad lucks in combat... anyway, I think Jet has made the good choice starting the war earlier for those two workers...
@Paulus: no, not 20 turns... this is normal speed remember ;)... I think more between 10 and 15... We will soon have plenty of stuffs to discuss anyway (once Izzy is dead).
@Mystyfly: yeah a beeline to communism is in order... but not for the usual workshop spam... We want to build the Kremlin and :whipped: more than ever :lol:. I guess some overlapping cities could be settled after biology for more slave centers (as cities won't need a lot of tiles)...
I think we want to settle some cities in the lap of time between the death of Izzy and the death of Pericles (or Hammurabi, be it our next target) :D
COL path is fine as it opens the Oracle and early monarchy (as well as the altars)... We could also try to chop a late Oracle in Madrid...

Toughts?

Cheers,
Raskolnikov

Roster duty (late sorry):
Paulus -> up!
Shyuhe -> on deck! (swapped)

Dammit, I'm not going to make it before tonight because of a change in schedule.

Then again, I think this game can use a bit more discussion on what we are going to do when we've killed Izzy. Perhaps settle some of the land between us and Peri?

Sure, why not whip a settler and try to grab the Iron. I think we'd want to settle right next to it to keep it from Pericles. It wouldn't be much of a city besides the resource, but still worth having. If we miss that city, the spot northwest of our capital has the electrolytes that plants need.

Other than that, trade around COL and whip buildings, right?

I don't object to the Oracle suggestion.

Sure, why not whip a settler and try to grab the Iron. I think we'd want to settle right next to it to keep it from Pericles. It wouldn't be much of a city besides the resource, but still worth having.

On which tile do you think we want to settle? We can try to squeeze the gold as well... but anyway, the iron is only worth a couple af axes for stack defense, as most of our army will be made of cats soon :)

If we miss that city, the spot northwest of our capital has the electrolytes that plants need.

Agreed we should settle the spot asap

Other than that, trade around COL and whip buildings, right?

and cats... :mischief:

I don't object to the Oracle suggestion.

:goodjob:

Cheers

Sure, why not whip a settler and try to grab the Iron. I think we'd want to settle right next to it to keep it from Pericles. It wouldn't be much of a city besides the resource, but still worth having. If we miss that city, the spot northwest of our capital has the electrolytes that plants need.

That city still comes short of the pure awesomeness of being a MONSTER TRUCK you can POUR INTO YOUR FACE!

Okay, enough with the Brawndo already. ;)

Played 10 turns. At the beginning of my turnset, we noticed that Izzy was now able to change to Slavery, which would likely happen the next turn. And when the AI is faced with trouble like this, it's likely that Archers would come rolling out every turn soon, and we wouldn't want that to happen, right?

1400 BC:

That means we're attacking now, of course. ;)
The chariot is taken down at 75% odds.

IBT: Izzy adopts Slavery and whips... a Chariot. Congratulations darling, you just won the Darwin Award.

1360 BC:

Meditation is in.

Barcelona comes out of revolt and immediately would lose pop because I moved the jags to Madrid to take out Izzy ASAP. We whip a jaguar for 2 population at Barcelona; every jag is one more at the front. Meanwhile, I note that Madrid has only 2 archers. I attack them, lose 1 jag against 2 archers. We also take down another chariot. Izzy's got two now: I suppose one other was messing around somewhere else.

IBT: Izzy whips an Archer. No, don't do that, please!

1320 BC:

Will one archer and two chariots keep out the Aztecs? Of course not! We attack Madrid again before Izzy even gets the chance to think the words 'City Garrison I' or 'Fortification bonus', lose 1 jag but kill the archer.

IBT: Izzy whips another archer.

1280 BC:

A quick prayer to the Random Number God gets results as we defeat the archer at 27% odds. Maybe I'm not as unlucky as shyuhe-6.5 would have me believe. :goodjob:

We kill the last archer and a chariot, lose a jag against the second chariot.

1240 BC:

Woo hoo! Izzy hasn't whipped anything! Madrid is ours!
Goodbye, Spain. Montezuma's Revenge, anyone? ;)

We get Madrid with a Granary, a Lighthouse, a Monument and Stonehenge (!)

Priesthood is in. Around now I try for the Oracle in Tenochtitlan, foolishly forgetting to build our settler. My humble apologies. :blush:

The rest of the turnset was uneventful. Madrid was revolting for 5 turns, and I've starting building libraries around the place. Barcelona looks like an ideal place to run two scientists fast, Madrid can manage them as well.

I fear we might lose out on the iron because I only remembered after missing out on the Oracle (Hammy built it, and we didn't have a chance of chopping it out in Madrid... IIRC it just came out of revolt by then, which means Hammy would've beaten us there anyway. We still get wonder failure coins to run 100% research to CoL a bit longer though.

Madrid is very nice. It's got a lot of food so I want a library there.

I was lucky during this turnset. A good thing too, as the way I've conducted war against Spain took a lot of risk. I feared the war might drag out if I was fighting the war cautiously, so I took the risk and won. Please forgive me for putting our lives on the line...

Attachments

• Compulsive Slaver BC-1000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    107.6 KB · Views: 109
Hi :),

Looking good Paulus :)...I will take a look later (because I am already at work :eek:) ... but some fast comments:
You make the good decision I think about attempting the Oracle in Tenoch... as you said we hadn't plan on the 5 revolt turns of Madrid...
We can still chop (or :whipped:) a settler at Madrid after a library (or before?).
As I feared, Pericles has stolen our corn... :mad: So who is next Hammu or Pericles?

Roster duty:

Shyuhe -> back from fishing... (up!)
Mystyfly -> on deck!

Cheers,
Raskolnikov :whipped:

Looks like a nice set. Will have a look at the save soon.

I'm not sure whom to attack next; pericles would be better as he is closer and sneaked some cities where ours should be but he has those phalanx which do much better against jags and phants than bowmen.

Top Bottom