[Religion and Revolution]: Overview, Project Organization

Status
Not open for further replies.
@team:

Since it seems that 2 of our main features for Release 1 (Winds and Storms and Domestic Markets) still need some time, I will start work on these topics:

Massive Enhancement of Economy
Improved War of Independence

I simply get bored otherwise when doing only small things and XML ...
(Diplo-Events, Texts, Translations, ...)

If things work out as I think, I should have a massive update to our mod in about 2 weeks.
(It will be a first suggestion and base for discussion of changes and improvements.)

Of course, I will continue my other work (Last Native Civs, Improving / Bugfixing, ...) also.

Everybody ok with that ?

Yes by all means go ahead! :thumbsup: I certainly won't complain about getting a Massive Enhancement ;) Will it be having additional yield types / Professions, and perhaps Domestic Markets along with it?

Will it be having additional yield types / Professions, ...

Yes. :)

... and perhaps Domestic Markets along with it?

No. :)
Androrc said, that he would like to implement Domestic Markets. :thumbsup:
(As long as I don't hear anything else from him, I will not work on this feature, because I would only interfere with his work.)

Great, it will be cool to have the extra yields.

Since there are many new yields/professions, to help them be easily understandable I have a minor interface request: when making the cityscreen bar at the bottom, where possible could you place the raw yield directly above the processed equivalent? (eg Furs directly above Coats).

Also, I think it would be good to add the actual name to some of the tooltips and pedia screens where possible, instead of just the icon which is sometimes difficult to see and players won't always know what it is.

For example:
Produces Dye :c5food: from Indigo :c5citizen:
instead of
Produces :c5food: from :c5citizen:

We are happy to announce that the Religion and Revolution team has grown again. :)

Sanotra has become our newest team member !

He is a promissing new modder, who already showed great understanding for the mechanisms in CivCol modding and a lot of motivation to learn.
Also he is really interested in our project and gave valuable input in our discussion.

For a start, Sanotra will probably focus on creating new maps and help with writing and improving English texts.
Looking forward to seeing some great maps from him and having fun working together. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the team ! :high5:

Thanks for the welcome everyone! :p I look forward to helping the team in anyway I can. Like Ray said, for a start it appears my strength is map making, and I am pleased to note that the 40x100 Colonial America map is being prepared for publication. For use with the fun new Pirate features discussed in R&R a 60x90 Caribbean map is also being prepared. And beyond that, who knows which maps may be next? Depending on the speed with which I can generate a map, I may even satisfy personal requests. For the first 40x100, I finished the map in under 10 hours, and learned a few things about the World Builder that should save me some time for each coming project. :D

Now about that Gigantic America map, what are the proportions you're looking for with that?

Once again, I'm excited to be a part of the team, and look forward to working with you all! :goodjob:

Hi Folks,

I will be on vacation between 7. June 2012 and 22. June 2012.

During this time I will not be able to read in this forum and I will not be able to work on the mod.

Enjoy your holiday, and be sure to drink plenty of Rum for us! :beer:

BTW, do you think we could now add my suggestion from several messages above, where tooltips and pedia screens can also display the text name of a yield type where possible, instead of just the icon which is sometimes difficult to see and players won't always know what it is. Because there are so many new yields, I think players who aren't familiar with the mod could have a hard time keeping track of them, but text tooltips will help them a lot.

Enjoy your holiday, and be sure to drink plenty of Rum for us! :beer:
Yes indeed! Enjoy your holiday Schmiddie. But I guess you meant
"Be sure to bring us back plenty of Rum for us " Orlanth ! :lol:

BTW, do you think we could now add my suggestion from several messages above, where tooltips and pedia screens can also display the text name of a yield type where possible, instead of just the icon which is sometimes difficult to see and players won't always know what it is. Because there are so many new yields, I think players who aren't familiar with the mod could have a hard time keeping track of them, but text tooltips will help them a lot.
Oh yes, it is probably a good idea...

For example:
Produces Dye :c5food: from Indigo :c5citizen:
instead of
Produces :c5food: from :c5citizen:
:goodjob:

@team:

Here I have a short list of remaining todos for Release 1:

features:

Domestic Markets
Custom House Pop-Up-Screen

important improvements:

Improving English texts
Last Merge with TAC after TAC 2.03
Balancing (especially Generation of Bonus Resources)
Finetuning of new Features

optional enhancements:

Improving Tooltips and Pedia
Founding Fathers (rebalancing and new ones)
More Python-Events
More DLL-Diplo-Events
Adding new Maps (R&R versions of Sanotra's maps)
Translations (German, French)

-----------

So basically we have only 2 "big" features left on our list.

The rest is enhancement, improvement, balancing and finetuning. :thumbsup:

I am extremely proud of our accomplishments so far. :D

Hi Folks, I'm back from the USA!

I made a tour which started in Pittsburgh, PA and ended in Washington, D.C. I visited a lot of historic battlefields of the Civil War and the Independence War (including Colonial Williamsburg, Mount Vernon, Gettysburg, Manassas etc.). It was a great tour.

Even though I'm back from my vacation I will not be able to do much work for the mod until the end of October 2012.

Maybe I will do some little things from time to time for relaxation from my business work, but please don't count on me until the end of October 2012.

Even though I'm back from my vacation I will not be able to do much work for the mod until the end of October 2012.

No problem. :)
Since we will not add new features or units during upcoming Pre-Release-Phase, we won't annoy you much. :D

It is still good to have you back. :thumbsup:

@team:

Here is a short list of things we should improve or at least check again:

Features to be checked:

DLL-Diplo-Events
Native Raids
Musketmen firing from Stockades
Canons firing from Citadel

Texts:

English Texts
French Translations
German Translations

Fixing / Improving / Adding:

Python Events
Maps from TAC
Sanotra's Maps

------------

Edit:
List updated.

Edit 2:
List updated again.

@team:

During the next month I will be extremely busy (job / real life).
Thus I will not be able to do much for the mod.

However, I will try to work at least a little (at the weekends) on the following 3 balancing topics:

• Yields on Terrain
  • Bonus Resource Generation
  • Prices of Yields in Europe

Best regards,
ray

Hi guys,

for Release 2 we should definitely try to improve some things. :)
(We have been doing really good, but we can still get better.)

Some suggestions:
(Basically all of this has been said before already.)

1. Find 2 or 3 more reliable testers to support with Alpha Testing.
(Alpha Testing is explicit testing of new features directly after their implementation.)

2. Increase efforts for cooperation with remaining experienced CivCol-Modders.
(There are currently some discussions going on about that.)

3. Have smaller but more regular releases to reduce complexity and efforts for balancing and bugfixing.
(This release was somewhat a little special ...)

4. Stronger involvment of community into our mod development.
(Outsourcing of small topics with "Help requests" or a thread "This is how you can support us ..." :dunno:)

5. Encourage and support ModMods based on Religion and Revolution.
(I am sure there will be some people interested in creating modmods but our technical doc is pretty weak so far.)

---------------

Of course, we first need to finish Release 1, but I think we can start thinking a little about the next steps. :mischief:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom