[Religion and Revolution]: Feedback and Questions

At that level I've had multiple tribe declare on me when I placed my first city. ;)

At that level I've had multiple tribe declare on me when I placed my first city. ;)

That's happened but it was almost after I stepped on a "burial ground" without a seasoned scout. Anyway I'm playing this new game with a totally different strategy, geared towards weapons production right from the word go. I've also found that requesting the king for troops is an incredibly cost-effective way of getting an initial army (i've probably got atleast 12-15 land units via that route). Was fighting a war against a colony (requested by the king which I gladly accepted cuz I wanted those Royal Artillery pieces and the man-of-war) and a native declared war against me during 1630. Focussing on the economy like I usually do would have had me cooked, but this time, my towns are bristling with guns, swords and horses so the invaders don't stand a chance.

Hi everyone,
I need help...
I recently got melancholic thinking about Colo, so I installed it again. Remembering TAC and installing it directly with.
Now I stumbled into the RaR section and of course I wanted to try the workover.
Now to my problem. I can't get past the security check for the infracta download (the 2.4 link in the 'Hello! Please read first' section)
The 4-numbers-security check always tells me "Wrong Code entered, please try again..."
I've already even tried it backwards (maybe you see how desperate I am meanwhile...)
Did this problem ever occur before? Am I doing something wrong?

If you have some, thx for the help.

Now I feel a little idiotic :-D
Worked... how can this be browser related? I've tried it with Chrome on my laptop and my mobile. Both didn't work. Now I used the standart internetbrowser of my mobile. File is being downloaded. Thx!! Now I have something for the evening hours to look forward to ;-)

It's really nice to see at least race diversity in the typical colony with this mod. However newborn colonists are always "white" (free colonist). Which was fine with vanila, we had no slaves there. Now we have unfree population, and their children were born unfree. Perhaps randomly an indian or an African American could be born.

It's really nice to see at least race diversity in the typical colony with this mod. However newborn colonists are always "white" (free colonist). Which was fine with vanila, we had no slaves there. Now we have unfree population, and their children were born unfree. Perhaps randomly an indian or an African American could be born.

Sounds like a really good idea.:agree:
Reproduction of african slaves and native slaves is just a chain of reasoning. Due to the fact that since the year 1820 Import of slaves from Africa was illegal. Even it was explicit favoured by slaveholders
Hope somebody could implement that in the mod :)

I don't plan to do anything to RaRE either. However if people really want that feature, my advice is to make a list of colonist, then get a random number based on the length of the list. That random number then picks the unit, which will provide the new one. That should provide growth based on the demographics in the colony. I'm not sure I like the concept though. Realistic is not always the same as better gameplay.

I don't plan to do anything to RaRE either. However if people really want that feature, my advice is to make a list of colonist, then get a random number based on the length of the list. That random number then picks the unit, which will provide the new one. That should provide growth based on the demographics in the colony. I'm not sure I like the concept though. Realistic is not always the same as better gameplay.

I totally agree with you. But here is the thing: either African and Native Slave feature should be kept away from the mod(modmod) or it should make sense on all the levels. And trust me it does affect gameplay. Because as of now gameplay generates Indian slaves via failed raids and conquests, while African Slaves are not being generated, unless you buy them from Africa. Which in the late game you don't actually need.

The volume of slaves carried off from Africa reached thirty thousand per year in the 1690s and eighty-five thousand per year a century later. More than eight out of ten Africans forced into the slave trade made their journeys in the century and a half after 1700.

By 1820, nearly four Africans for every one European had crossed the Atlantic. About four out of every five females that traversed the Atlantic were from Africa.

The majority of enslaved Africans were brought to British North America between 1720 and 1780. The decade 1821 to 1830 still saw over 80,000 people a year leaving Africa in slave ships. Well over a million more – one tenth of the volume carried off in the slave trade era – followed within the next twenty years.

I understand that this mod will no longer address feedback. But other people may read this feedback and discuss the issues. Perhaps it will inspire them to change something in their modmods. To summarize:

1. If African and Native Slave system exist in the mod -- it has to both reflect the reality and enrich the gameplay.

2. Native Slaves should randomly die (not just flee) and that's why African Slave Trade became so important.

3. African Slaves should randomly reproduce. In addition both AI and human player should have more incentives to import slaves. Expert Cotton Planter is a politically correct fiction. Someone has to pick all that double-yield cotton and sugar. Better potential yields mean more slaves to harvest them. When you place that Expert Planter double yields should appear GRAY, because that "Planter" is the plantation owner, skilled in organizing his business, but he needs workers, he does not produce that double yield, only Slaves and occasional Criminals/Servants did actually work on plantation. Basically no Slaves -- no actual yields, just double potential with an expert Planter.

4. A new building called Slave Barack is proposed. Each Slave there is responsible for turning those Gray Double yields 'worked' by Expert Planter to turn white and bring actual yield. Several factors influence natural regeneration of the slaves in those Baracks:

Well over 90 percent of enslaved Africans were imported into the Caribbean and South America. Only about 6 percent of African captives were sent directly to British North America. Yet by 1825, the US had a quarter of blacks in the New World.

American plantations were dwarfed by those in the West Indies. In the Caribbean, slaves were held on much larger units, with many plantations holding 150 slaves or more. In the American South, in contrast, only one slaveholder held as many as a thousand slaves, and just 125 had over 250 slaves.

In the Caribbean, Dutch Guiana, and Brazil, the slave death rate was so high and the birth rate so low that they could not sustain their population without importations from Africa. Rates of natural decrease ran as high as 5 percent a year. While the death rate of US slaves was about the same as that of Jamaican slaves, the fertility rate was more than 80 percent higher in the United States.

US slaves were more generations removed from Africa than those in the Caribbean. In the nineteenth century, the majority of slaves in the British Caribbean and Brazil were born in Africa. In contrast, by 1850, most US slaves were third-, fourth-, or fifth generation Americans.

Slavery in the US was distinctive in the near balance of the sexes and the ability of the slave population to increase its numbers by natural reproduction. Unlike any other slave society, the US had a high and sustained natural increase in the slave population for a more than a century and a half.

I don't plan to do anything to RaRE either.

I am able to relate to what you say. Unfortunately the bigger part of us like me for instance, are just gamers without any skills in programming. It is easy for us to claim permanently for new features. I am conscious about it.

Nevertheless we are passionate players :crazyeye: just hoping that somebody fulfil our desire.

Nevertheless we are passionate players :crazyeye: just hoping that somebody fulfil our desire.
Passionate enough to learn how to code?

Also I may take back the statement about not doing anything for RaRE. It looks like I will have to fix bugs. Somebody reported something about teleporting units :eek: I don't think it can be ignored and I don't see anybody else fixing it, which mean M:C modding time will have to suffer a bit for this one.

Never happened. In fact nothing visible happened at all! Just the message. And I already had Governor unit, perhaps thats why I got nothing, for there can be only one? Or, possibly a broken event.

I'm not really familiar with the event setup, but from what I can tell from a quick look, the king is likely to give you a free governor unit. He should have +300% bell production, which would make him a quite good unit. Looks like you are in luck. I didn't know that event.

I thought it cost 5000 gold to get the governor. From memory, it gives a +1\2 relationship boost with the king and possibly a lowering of the max tax rate by 1% if you accept. Pretty awesome deal. As usual the event's troops queue up in your capital.

That's correct. You need 5000 gold and 6 colonies.

The event is not broken, everything is fine. Strange. Are you sure you already had a "Governor"? You could only get a Governor by this event.

Do you play the original game or do you play a mod-mod?

Original. I did pay 5000 like 40 turns ago, got the dialog, got the governor unit. Now 40+ turns later I just got log entry only. So something is broken for sure.

Top Bottom