What Native American tribe do you expect/want?

Which Native American tribe do you expect/want?

• Total voters
I think that Firaxis will go for the Sioux; though there's a chance (I think) for the Powhatan with Pocahontas as the leader.
That is actually something I can see Fireaxis doing. I don't know why but I do.

I'd love to make a new poll (with multichoice options) because I could probably put about 15-20 choices instead of 5.

If you can edit the poll in this thread then absolutely do it. I just put the more "infamous" Native American tribes that are popular with mainstream America. Of course, I underestimated the forums knowledge of Native American tribes. ;)

The term "Native American" generally refers to natives from the United States and Canada.

Perhaps in the US that's all that comes to mind, but certainly its not only. What does that make me then and other non "US-Canada" natives? :lol:

I think you all are overlooking a key feature of the Cherokee that would make them a great contender for Brave New World. The Cherokee is known as one of the five civilized tribes. They got this title because, along with four other tribes, they quickly adopted American culture and technologies. And they played a part in the Civil War in the Oklahoma-Kansas-Arkansas area.

They could have the ability that lets them adopt other cultures more quickly and integrate it into their own and get a boost to science for each more advanced civilization they meet. (Or something like that)

I think you all are overlooking a key feature of the Cherokee that would make them a great contender for Brave New World. The Cherokee is known as one of the five civilized tribes. They got this title because, along with four other tribes, they quickly adopted American culture and technologies. And they played a part in the Civil War in the Oklahoma-Kansas-Arkansas area.

They could have the ability that lets them adopt other cultures more quickly and integrate it into their own and get a boost to science for each more advanced civilization they meet. (Or something like that)

That would prevent (or at least force the player to avoid) creating an own, distinct culture while playing as that civilization. I think the expansion is all about building your own culture, or at least giving you an option to do so.

That would prevent (or at least force the player to avoid) creating an own, distinct culture while playing as that civilization. I think the expansion is all about building your own culture, or at least giving you an option to do so.

It was just an idea. It seems like it would fit with the theme of the expansion the best out of the Natives though.

What do I want? The Inuit would be awesome if they came with a suitably game-changing UA and/or UI to turn desolate tundra into awesome, but Nazca with a Nazca Lines UI for deserts could be a lot of fun as well. Part of the reasons I love the Polynesians is because stone heads everywhere. Now, give me something like that that exploits the otherwise barren deserts instead of valuable coastline? Yes.

What do I expect? IIRC, the Sioux were in Civ 2, which seriously ups their odds.

What do I want? The Inuit would be awesome if they came with a suitably game-changing UA and/or UI to turn desolate tundra into awesome, but Nazca with a Nazca Lines UI for deserts could be a lot of fun as well. Part of the reasons I love the Polynesians is because stone heads everywhere. Now, give me something like that that exploits the otherwise barren deserts instead of valuable coastline? Yes.

Aww man, an Inuit Inuksuk UI that gives +1:c5food::c5production::c5culture: for every surrounding snow tile. Sweet.

I expect and really want the Inuit (So voted "other")

If no Inuit, second place come the Cherokee, and then the Sioux...

And about Pocahontas... Yep, I also see that as something possible, for good or ill...

I voted other. As I've mentioned in another thread, I would like to see a Haida Civ, the Haida being a Western Pacific Civ on the British Columbian Isles. Here in Canada, they're best known for they're art, having totem poles. This could help emphasise tourism. They were also quite the maritime Civ, even hunting whales in huge ocean-going canoes. This could be used for both a UU and could emphasise the WC (banning whales?). They've also fought against colonisers and other native tribes, and capturing war slaves. Overall, quite a versatile potentiel Civ.

If you can edit the poll in this thread then absolutely do it. I just put the more "infamous" Native American tribes that are popular with mainstream America. Of course, I underestimated the forums knowledge of Native American tribes. ;)

I can't, I'm just a regular guy ;)

I've studied history and various tribes in the past. I used to be fascinated by the Iroquois, which helped inspire me to learn about more as well. Plus, I've posted here for about a decade, so I see a lot of suggestions pop up.

For example, I used to dismiss the Mississippians as a viable option, but someone here convinced me otherwise.

Top Bottom