Betting and Speculation - The "Entirely Separate Hypercube" Civ!

this is gonna suck....i REALLY hope it isnt playing as barbarians or mobile cities....

I understand the disliking of playing as barbarians, but, what's wrong with mobile cities?

I understand the disliking of playing as barbarians, but, what's wrong with mobile cities?

how do you develop resources? do i mine some gold and then abandon it for another civ? it seems distinctly pointless, particularly in the modern age when there is practically no room to settle new cities of any note

You know, receiving a copy of a unique luxury resource for a building is something that has never been done before...

*crosses fingers for glassblower*

You know, receiving a copy of a unique luxury resource for a building is something that has never been done before...

*crosses fingers for glassblower*

While I would adore the idea of Venice with Glass, I don't see that as being in a completely different hypercube.

Considering Kate's tendency to be a little over dramatic in her excitement (it's her job) I can believe it.

how do you develop resources? do i mine some gold and then abandon it for another civ? it seems distinctly pointless, particularly in the modern age when there is practically no room to settle new cities of any note

And what exactly is a city to do when its time to move its "Great Wall"?

I think this mystery Civ:

1. Is Native American
2. Has some weird connection with barbarians

It could very well be the Shawnee and Tecumseh as their leader. They can convert Barbarian encampments to cities some way?

I think the idea of Venice having only one city would play a lot better than having mobile cities as a native American tribe. How about something that makes Venice into a supercity that cannot produce settlers? Something like "for each trade route, every tile gains +1 food, +1 hammer, +1 gold" or something similar? Or, "for each trade route, Venice gains an additional identical production queue."

My bet is the new civ is either "The Greys" or XCOM. Based on the slot they'd have to fill in the list, the inclusion of the XCOM unit and the mention of hypercubes in the answer posted by the devs.

Hmm... interesting clue. We have seen what we expect to be Venice have multiple cities. Did they capture the others and start as an OCC - the map doesn't seem to suggest that.

I am not sure what could be so out of the box... I know in Civ 4 we could play as barbarians. I know we have proposed a completely mobile civ before (when talking about the Huns). Seems a bit strange though to have a completely mobile civ, when we have some more mobile civs already sedentary though.
-----------------------

Hmm... interesting clue. We have seen what we expect to be Venice have multiple cities. Did they capture the others and start as an OCC - the map doesn't seem to suggest that.

I am not sure what could be so out of the box... I know in Civ 4 we could play as barbarians. I know we have proposed a completely mobile civ before (when talking about the Huns). Seems a bit strange though to have a completely mobile civ, when we have some more mobile civs already sedentary though.
-----------------------

Well, that purple and cream colored civ does have 1 huge city and the other 2 small ones are not attached to the big one, which would indicate that they were either settled much later (after Morocco had surrounded the big one) or were acquired through other means.

Well either way, I think this was the "bombshell" civ that the PCgamer review told us about. But from how he answered a question on the bombshell civ, he implied it was Venice with the now infamous "Most Serene" comment. I'd put my money on it being Venice

Top Bottom