SteamDB: "Bison" Depot??

I would prefer camels.

Bisons are fine too. :sad:

You want camels? Play as Arabia!

I was actually reading a book where there was some stuff on how camels became the most prominent domesticated animal in the Middle East and North Africa and how camel caravans replaced ox carts and how important they were for mounted warfare. While I was reading it I thought that Camels could be a nice bonus resource for Deserts and Plains.

I was actually reading a book where there was some stuff on how camels became the most prominent domesticated animal in the Middle East and North Africa and how camel caravans replaced ox carts and how important they were for mounted warfare. While I was reading it I thought that Camels could be a nice bonus resource for Deserts and Plains.

Just a quick fact that has nothing to do with Civilization V; camels originated from North America (around the Midwest) spreading to Asia via Beringia and the Midwest has no desert. The camel we know today went up north to Canada and into Asia. They've only gotten use to deserts for about 5000 years.

To get this back on topic

1. Bison is not going to be added as a resource.. well, it could, but not via a freaking DLC... can you imagine the outrage? ANNOUNCING THE BRAND NEW REVOLUTIONARY DLC : A Bison Bonus resource, 2.99.. for a single.. resource.. yes, we're serious, you'ved paid for a game, you've paid for an expansion pack, you've paid for a nation, you've even paid for a map, NOW we're making you pay for a single resource! Yeeea!

But for real. Bison is most likely a code-name, and something is once again in works.. I love CivFanatics.. HA!

It would be fun if they added a Sitting Bull nation and expanded the now obselete scenario, I'm curious to see what develops.

Things in DLC to date: Civs, Scenarios, Maps, and Wonders. Just looking at past DLC, civs and scenarios were most common. We just got 2 map packs and there was only 1 previously so that seems pretty unlikely. I also think any resource would be very unlikely. They don't change game mechanics with DLC; that is what expansions are for. The closest they came to changing game mechanics with DLC was Wonders of the Ancient World. If they change mechanics with DLC then when doing balance patches they need to balance for w/ and w/o DLC which would be double work for them. I'm hoping for scenarios as we already have a LOT of civs.

In SteamDB, G&K and BNW are both listed as DLC, so they could be working on a 3rd expansion, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I would pay for a bonus resource DLC. Just sayin'.

I would also heartily pay for it a hundred times before a Sioux DLC :( Can we not do something original? CiV is near the end of it's life, isn't this the time to give new civs a look in that clearly won't feature at the start of cVI? Who knows, they may even spawn some new fan favourites.

Or you know, the time to cash in on some well knowns they've been holding back. I guess that works too.

Just a quick fact that has nothing to do with Civilization V; camels originated from North America (around the Midwest) spreading to Asia via Beringia and the Midwest has no desert. The camel we know today went up north to Canada and into Asia. They've only gotten use to deserts for about 5000 years.

That is a very interesting fact, i could have never imagined that Camels originated from Canada and went in Middle East through the Bering Strait.

But for real. Bison is most likely a code-name, and something is once again in works.. I love CivFanatics.. HA!

It would be fun if they added a Sitting Bull nation and expanded the now obselete scenario, I'm curious to see what develops.

Yeah, a Sioux/other native western North America Civ would be cool...and yeah, we now have stuff to rampantly speculate upon! Yay!

1. Bison is not going to be added as a resource.. well, it could, but not via a freaking DLC... can you imagine the outrage? ANNOUNCING THE BRAND NEW REVOLUTIONARY DLC : A Bison Bonus resource, 2.99.. for a single.. resource.. yes, we're serious, you'ved paid for a game, you've paid for an expansion pack, you've paid for a nation, you've even paid for a map, NOW we're making you pay for a single resource! Yeeea!

Hey, KingOfBigOz - Firaxis is on the phone. They want to know how you found out about their brilliant DLC plan...

While we are talking about new resources, I'd like to see olive or rapeseed plantations as a bonus resource to make oil for frying fish and chicken. If you have (edible) oil, fish, and wheat, you can build fish and chips factory for massive happiness boost. Bonus resources are already quantized, if you look at the resources tab they are there and counted.

Actually, I can think of several buildings that produce special effects by consuming bonus resources. To the idea subforum!

While we are talking about new resources, I'd like to see olive or rapeseed plantations as a bonus resource to make oil for frying fish and chicken. If you have (edible) oil, fish, and wheat, you can build fish and chips factory for massive happiness boost. Bonus resources are already quantized, if you look at the resources tab they are there and counted.

Actually, I can think of several buildings that produce special effects by consuming bonus resources. To the idea subforum!

They provide happiness, but have high maintenance and a negative growth modifier

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I suspect that Bison is just an project name that doesn't clue what it actually is. Like how Star Wars had nothing to do with its working title, Blue Harvest.

I half suspect that it is the updated version of the New World scenario (which we saw in existence in some alpha BNW screenshots), and maybe others. But that's not really a good thing to sell via DLC because players already bought it via DLC to begin with.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Yeah, I have no idea what it is. I'd pay DLC for a whole bunch of resources and I'd be curious to see what they'd do with a Sioux civ, but it really could be anything. In fact, I'm surprised they haven't started going with code names to prevent things from being leaked they don't want leaked.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Yeah, I have no idea what it is. I'd pay DLC for a whole bunch of resources and I'd be curious to see what they'd do with a Sioux civ, but it really could be anything. In fact, I'm surprised they haven't started going with code names to prevent things from being leaked they don't want leaked.

Sioux Civ would be fun, I'd like to be able to uproot cities and move them around, so let's say you find a better spot you can get there (i.e. find an early national wonder, not really up for building a settler).

I would imagine that's what they would seek to do. I struggle to find a way to implement it. Certainly, once you include buildings, realism goes out the window if you can move them too.

Perhaps you can only move it until a certain era, and some buildings don't get moved (instead a sort of pillagable tile improvement stays).

The tile improvement wouldn't provide much of anything until the city is placed on top of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Adding the Sioux civ only for a DLC doesn't really excite me much, they're the stereotypical image of North American Indians, mobile buffalo hunters, I hope it is not just only them.

I also have this weird idea that the Bison might have to do with Poland, there are still bisons (though different from American ones) in Poland, and Casimir's achievement is something like King of the Wisents (European bison), perhaps a scenario with Poland in it?

B - Belgium
I - Israel
S - Sioux
O - Olmec
N - Niger-Kongo

The next five? (Completely unsubstantiated)

Top Bottom