Civilization on the xbox and I'm the queen of england

Revolutions just might be a Trojan Horse game for me; not getting a console gamer into Civ, but getting a next gen console in to replace my PS2.

This is an excellent point. In fact, I just bought an Xbox 360 today. :mischief:

And even though it is a few months early, Civ Rev is one of the main reasons I bought the thing.

I've never played Civ 4 mainly because I simply cannot justify buying a new computer only for that game. (Especially when there are so many Civ 3 fans who eschew the game.)

But then again, I am not sure I am a "real" gamer, so...

Console games don't get "patching". It has to work right out of the box. Period.

(Of course, the fact that they can build to a single set of parameters for each console helps that a lot. ;))

Well, the new generation of consoles are beggining to include a patching system (see Oblivion for example), and we are seeing many buggy releases of next-gen titles.

Yeah, that was the consoles greatest strength. If I bought a game in a console, I knew it would run great, with no lock-ups. Now I have even see a thread called "How many times have Assassin's Creed crashed in your case?", with people having as far as 8 crashes, which is way more I ever had in my whole console gaming experience.

A real gamer doesn't game on consoles. Why? Because console gamers don't have the patience to install a game on a PC. All they want is stick the game medium in the machine and play instantly. If you don't have 10 minutes to go through an installation process where are you going to find the time to play civilization? Or is this going to be Civilization Fighters 2 Turbo?

Maybe us console gamers want to play instantly becuase we have more to do with our lives than than simply watching the installation meter. Unlike you we actually have jobs, chores, pets, friends, a life.

Damnit why do we have to go through this again? First fallout is about to be raped by Bethesday and Microsoft and now Sid goes at it. Somebody needs to explain me what the main idea behind an xbox version of civ is before you start bashing your controller to select the right warrior.

A real gamer doesn't game on consoles. Why? Because console gamers don't have the patience to install a game on a PC. All they want is stick the game medium in the machine and play instantly. If you don't have 10 minutes to go through an installation process where are you going to find the time to play civilization? Or is this going to be Civilization Fighters 2 Turbo?

... I'm a PC gamer and I play on consoles... :sad:

Damnit why do we have to go through this again? First fallout is about to be raped by Bethesday and Microsoft and now Sid goes at it. Somebody needs to explain me what the main idea behind an xbox version of civ is before you start bashing your controller to select the right warrior.

first of all bethesda is awesome, okay? second most of the time a console can handle more than your average computer and most console owners are hardcore gamers okay so stop being a dumbass.

what kind of uber-computer does he have that installing any game takes less than 10 minutes?

Even with a faster than 3GHz CPU, max speed CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, and 10,000 RPM hard drive, most modern games take a lot longer to install than '10 minutes.'

And anyone who thinks console gamers aren't real gamers has no idea what a gamer even is.

Fallout 3 will be awesome, CivRev will be awesome.

I'm looking forward to CivRev, almost as much as I'm looking forward to Civ5. I think we all have good reason to be very optimistic about the gaming franchise that we all adore. :thumbsup:

I just bought a DS just because I can't wait to play civ on the go.

Car trips & plane rides will never be the same.

Killing time waiting with Zelda and FF3.

Console games don't get "patching". It has to work right out of the box. Period.

(Of course, the fact that they can build to a single set of parameters for each console helps that a lot. ;))

They can be patched but not as much as pc games. Normally never. But for a high selling game it will never get by version 1.1

I am primarily a PC gamer, but I play TBS games on my DS all the time. I use my 360 for a lot of action gaming since I know the frame rate will be acceptable and I get to play it on my big TV. I personally think this is a good thing (especially the DS port) - Civ in coat pocket - sweet.

Some of us enjoy playing both PCs and consoles. Play games...not systems.

As a hard-core Civver, let me say just one thing:

Civilization: Revolution is awesome!

And yes, I did get to play it for a few hours when I visited Firaxis last week ;)

Good to hear. I've been looking forward to Civ:Rev since I read about it.

Unfortunately, as mentioned earlier, this is starting to change. Release date demands are forcing some developers to send out buggy games, and with Xbox Live being such a good service, they have a fall back if they need to patch it.

But it does help that every 360 console has the same hardware, without a doubt.

That makes me fear for the future of console gaming.

yeah, me, too. :sad:

I'd like to do more gaming on the PC, but frankly, I can't afford to keep my computer updated with the newest technology. Most of the time, I end up picking games about two-three years after they were released. My computer is still around 2006. Hopefully in a year or two, I can update so I can play the popular games that are out now. I play consoles so I can play new games too

Yeah, that was the consoles greatest strength. If I bought a game in a console, I knew it would run great, with no lock-ups. Now I have even see a thread called "How many times have Assassin's Creed crashed in your case?", with people having as far as 8 crashes, which is way more I ever had in my whole console gaming experience.
I've never had a game crash on a console...Maybe once with my old '64. ;)

I've never heard of Assassin's Creed crashing on anyone's console...if some people are getting 8 crashes on it, they are probably idiots that don't know what the words 'air flow' mean.

Top Bottom