Is the ps3 the leading platform or the 360?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernie77

Chieftain
My question is basically if it is a port from the ps3 to the 360 it will look better than a port from the 360 to ps3. Is the ps3 version going to be released the same date??

I was under the impression that all the versions are being developed for each platform seperately.

But I honestly doubt there would be much visual difference between the 360 and PS3 no matter how they develop Revolution. The game's existence isn't predicated on being the bleeding-edge of graphics, and unless you own both a 360 and a PS3, you're going to buy the game for whatever platform you own regardless.

The three versions are being developed simultaneously, no "port" in that sense of the word.

The game engine is common between all three, compiled for each one. The *only* difference between them is the graphics. Those had to be tweaked to fit the requirements for each system.

FWIW, the 360 seems to be the "primary" platform, as that one is where they will provide such things as Game Of The Week.

Not the DS :)

Actually, I'm still a big fan of quality 2D graphics. (I'm likely to pick up the DS version - I mean, really, Civ anywhere).

The three versions are being developed simultaneously, no "port" in that sense of the word.

The game engine is common between all three, compiled for each one. The *only* difference between them is the graphics. Those had to be tweaked to fit the requirements for each system.

FWIW, the 360 seems to be the "primary" platform, as that one is where they will provide such things as Game Of The Week.

So they are not including certain content for the PS3? What content and why might I ask?

I thought all the money people pay for "Live" goes directly into Microsoft's pockets and therefore there should not be a reason just releasing it on Xbox. All the screenshots that have been posted has also been on the Xbox which worries me a bit.

hey guys,

i thought i'd hop in and answer some of these questions.

the core gameplay for Civilization Revolution is identical for Xbox 360, PS3, and DS. the graphics for the 360 and PS3 are virtually identical. the DS is, of course, 2D.

however all gameplay mechanics are the same (optimized for the controller scheme you are using of course) but there is no part of the game "taken out" for any version.

the Game of the Week is available for all platforms, as are scenarios.

hey guys,

the core gameplay for Civilization Revolution is identical for Xbox 360, PS3, and DS. the graphics for the 360 and PS3 are virtually identical. the DS is, of course, 2D.

however all gameplay mechanics are the same (optimized for the controller scheme you are using of course) but there is no part of the game "taken out" for any version.

Thanks for the clarification :)

I'll grab that one. The DS is slightly differenn that the big consoles for this. The DS only needs to go online with WiFi when you start a brand new GotW match. As long as you save your game at some point (preferably early), you can load it right back up and play again without reconnecting.

The big consoles do not allow you to save your game because they are ranked matches, so they need to connect every time you play a match. The DS is not ranked, thus reload it as often as you like without having to reconnect each time. :)

My question is basically if it is a port from the ps3 to the 360 it will look better than a port from the 360 to ps3. Is the ps3 version going to be released the same date??

and why would a PS3->360 port look better than a 360->PS3 port?

AFAIK, every game that's been released on both systems looked and performed better on the 360, so is it just optimism that makes you say that?

and why would a PS3->360 port look better than a 360->PS3 port?

AFAIK, every game that's been released on both systems looked and performed better on the 360, so is it just optimism that makes you say that?

That is your opinion, not a fact :)

@Bernie, Thrallia, and Magwill:

There is no port. All were developed simultaneously. And, as Elizabeth said,

hey guys,

@Bernie, Thrallia, and Magwill:

There is no port. All were developed simultaneously. And, as Elizabeth said,

Hey I never said it was going to be ported :D I was just saying that it isn't a fact that something looks better, its an opinion. But its true that it isn't a port :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom