SGOTM 12 - Xteam

@CP - Progress & Results still shows the 1872 AD save; you may need to resubmit, unless they're just slow to update the page!

EDIT: Never mind, I just remembered, they don't post the final saves until everyone has finished.

Interesting, we didn't get the shared Civic bonus with Gandhi & De Gaulle. I guess we don't get it if we're they're worst enemy. :confused:

Anyway, thanks for letting me join X-Team and play along! Enjoyed it quite a bit!

Hey - we did it. :dance: :dance:

I had a great time, thank you all. :worship:

- Maybe some of the others were a bit faster - I'm guessing: GLH + faster rex.

@leif - have you advised AlanH we've submitted our final save? Should we wait for permission from AlanH before reading other team's threads?

@Z3 - congratulations on your Bronze Medal in BOTM 37. I finished back in the pack, as usual.

[party] :dance: :band:

Nice finish CP! :goodjob:

Nice work team. Thanks to our Gypsy Kings cousins for joining us and contributing to this game. :thanx:

@leif - have you advised AlanH we've submitted our final save? Should we wait for permission from AlanH before reading other team's threads?
Yes, I just PM'ed AlanH.

Think we should wait for Alan to verify that we have completed. :)

Congrats team! I think this was a fun scenario with lots of critical early decisions. Thanks for letting me ride along, I learned a lot :).

Congrats team! I think this was a fun scenario with lots of critical early decisions. Thanks for letting me ride along, I learned a lot :).
:thanx: for joining us. Hope you will stick around for the next one. :cheers:

Thanks for letting me play along! I have been traveling for the past few days so I mostly missed the end game. I am posting this from a phone, so it will be short. I really enjoyed the opportunity to play with X-Team, :salute:, thank you! When I get home, I will catch up on the end of our game, and start reading to see where we could have have improved our pace. I think the comment about the GLH is probably on target, I think it is an under appreciated wonder.

Not sure yet CP?

Received a PM from AlanH. We are all set.

You may visit the threads of other teams. Please do not post in any thread in which the team is still playing the game.

edit - You're welcome R1. Enjoyed it as well.
Perhaps we will get a chance to do this again sometime?

If game designers keep coming up with interesting scenarios, these SGTOM's will always be fun.

Yes, I agree. These scenario's are very creative and force us out of our normal gaming patterns. I'm seeing the same in the normal GOTM space as well. Outstanding work is being done by the GOTM staff, including by a couple of our Xteam-mates. :goodjob:

I haven't seen an official announcement yet, but the Progress & Results page has been updated. Looks like X-Team came in 4th place, missed tie for 3rd by 6 turns.

From the Game Replay Beta, it appears the winning teams did REX faster than we did, mostly to the islands off to the SE. They also attacked the other Civs sooner.

Thanks again for letting me play this game with X-Team!

Thanks again for letting me play this game with X-Team!
:thanx: for joining us. Appreciate your dedication and excellent input. :goodjob:

Please keep us in mind in future should you have problems getting GK back together. :)

This post by kcd swede in the maintenance thread implies there will be an SG13, and perhaps a cryptic hint that the VC will be Religious Victory.

Or that the Sistine Chapel will be in some way required...

The process of getting a sgotm13 is started. That's the "yes" part, and pretty much exhausts my knowledge about it.

I'm planning on participating, so you shouldn't get the idea that I have any clue about what it will contain. My cryptic comments can therefore either be taken as friendly misdirection from the Unusual Suspects, or as kcd_swede's bizarre sense of humor. Take your pick. ;)

Top Bottom