Crash to desktop

Hobbsy

Chieftain
Hi all. I am not trying to double post here but i think i posted this question in the wrong forum so i apologise if i am breaking any rules.

Hi all. Can anybody help with this problem:
I have just built a new PC with Windows 7 - 64bit
and dual graphics cards with "SLI" enabled.
Have installed colonization iv (only) with latest patch update and all seems OK so far.
I have now installed Dale's Age of discovery II but after completing the set up (Nation, Leader, map etc) and attempt to start the game it crashes to desktop. Is this mod compatible with Win 7 - 64bit or have i done something wrong. I could not directly unzip into mod folder because Winzip wouldnt let me (It doesn,t give you the option to procede with admin. priv.) so i transfered manually (could this be the problem?). I do hope there is a solution out there because this is a great mod.
Thanks in advance,
Hobbsy.

All the mods for this game have been crashing on me since I built my new system last year with win7 64 bit. A real shame too I used to love playing this mod on my old Winxp system. I'm thinking there's components that were being used in the previous windows operating systems that weren't applied to Win7 and that's why the mods don't work. I wish us luck and maybe someone will figure it out and we'll all be happy Dale's.

Have either of you right clicked on the Mod and under Properties selected the Compatibility option. Then set it to Win XP 32 bit?

JosEPh

Is this mod compatible with Win 7 - 64bit ?
Hi everyone,
just to make things clear. This mod and many others are fully compatible with Win 7 - 64bits...

Have installed colonization iv (only) with latest patch update and all seems OK so far.
What do you mean "only". What else could you have installed? Oh! Do you mean it's the only game you've installed?
And you mean Civilization IV Colonisation or vanilla Civilization IV?

Top Bottom