Most Anticipated New Civilization

Which civilization do you anticipate the most in the new expansion?

• Netherlands

Votes: 91 24.8%
  • Mayans

Votes: 60 16.3%
  • Byzantines

Votes: 72 19.6%
  • Carthaginians

Votes: 69 18.8%
  • Celts

Votes: 75 20.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any guess on who the last civ is???

I really think the most likely candidates for the last spot are Sumer, Majapahit, or the Sioux. Europe is almost definitly done for now and Portugal has been disconfirmed, if the Zulu were in they would have been announced already, and those three civs are the most likely choices for the areas/eras I feel they would choose from while also having a degree of name recognition.

Why just do Venice when you could do all of Italy?

Why not? It fits WWI that would be fine by me. They probably won't because of Rome though.

The solution to the Rome as capital is easy. Both Florence and Milan were capital of Italy before Rome, so they could choose one of those. They could put emphasis on the Renaissance and WWI eras for Italy, perhaps a condotteri and one of Garibaldi's Red Shirts for unique units

There are a couple of reasons to have the Most Serene Republic instead. One, unified Italy evokes modern Italy, which has a less than stellar record. Second, Venice brought things to the table separate from the others: They weren't just a City-State but had an Empire, Their oligarchy was unique in that there was no internal strive, and They lasted longer than the other city-states and resisted French and German/Austrian influence. Finally, third, the aforementioned overlapping capital problem. While Florence might not like to admit it, the capital of Italy, even in the Renaissance, was Rome.

That being said, if they went with Italy as a whole, it would allow for a greater cultural focus because Venice never quite reached Florence and Rome levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom