Civilization V: Gold Edition coming soon

NeverMind

Proud to be Russian
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition is the perfect entry point for PC gamers who have yet to experience the famous "just-one-more-turn" addictive gameplay that has made Civilization one of the greatest game series of all time. The package includes Sid Meier's Civilization V, the Gods & Kings Expansion Pack and all of the available add-on content.
>>EBGames

Also spotted in Steam Database

Release date: February 19, 2013

It seems like 2K Games sells out previous Civ5 content before One World expansion announcement...

Now this is interesting and perhaps the most promising sign so far that there is indeed a second expansion on the cards...

Good chance that the expansion will be announced around that time as well.

Well, I think this means that the next expansion will not come before October.

It seems unlikely that they would release a golden edition and just a couple of months after new content. Although, its a good sign that One World is a real probability.

Apparently, Civilization 4 Gold Edition was released on July 17, 2007 and Beyond the Sword on July 23, 2007. So who knows we may get it pretty soon after the Gold Edition as well.

Well, I think this means that the next expansion will not come before October.
It seems unlikely that they would release a golden edition and just a couple of months after new content.

No, you are wrong
The Gold Edition and the new One World expansion are not competing with each other
Quite the opposite, they are strengthening each other. Probably producing more sales (for both of them) if released on a close date
If the Gold Edition really comes in February 19, who knows... we might get One World in March :)
A little more realistic tip would be late April or early May though

Although, its a good sign that One World is a real probability.

I don't want to repeat myself, but the new expansion is pretty sure, for more than 2 weeks now
Check the link in my previous post

i just bought a bunch of dlc for the christmas sale, although im still missing inca and all of the different map ones... now i wonder if i should have just waited for this instead...

No, you are wrong
The Gold Edition and the new One World expansion are not competing with each other
Quite the opposite, they are strengthening each other. Probably producing more sales (for both of them) if released on a close date
Indeed.
First off it rehypes Civ 5 again a bit, putting it back in the spotlights and secondly it gives people that don't have Civ 5 yet to get level with the current players to create an equal playing/buying field.

But it also does create the question if G&K is a prerequisite to OW, something that wouldn't surprise me.
I don't want to repeat myself, but the new expansion is pretty sure, for more than 2 weeks now
Check the link in my previous post
A mention in the Steam database doesn't mean it's 100% sure, there are mentions of games in there for months, even years, that have never been released.
i just bought a bunch of dlc for the christmas sale, although im still missing inca and all of the different map ones... now i wonder if i should have just waited for this instead...
Don't worry, Civ 5, the DLC and the expansion is on sale so very often that you can pick up the rest of the missing bits for a good price anyway.

>>EBGames

Also spotted in Steam Database

Release date: February 19, 2013

It seems like 2K Games sells out previous Civ5 content before One World expansion announcement...

As I said in this thread, based on previous patterns an expansion is pretty sure to be announced in February, most likely the 14th or 21st. As the 14th is valentines day, there was always a good chance that the 21st was more likely and this being released on the 19th, I think we can pencil the 21st in for the announcement of One World.

PS. Ancient Wonders DLC not included...

That's kind of odd - it's been out longer than G+K, so why omit it from the collection? Perhaps Firaxis plans to add Sumeria and/or the Hittites in the (as of yet unconfirmed) next expansion, and they plan to retroactively update the WotAW scenario?

...or it's just an excuse by 2k to squeeze more money out of their customers. :mischief:

That's kind of odd - it's been out longer than G+K, so why omit it from the collection? Perhaps Firaxis plans to add Sumeria and/or the Hittites in the (as of yet unconfirmed) next expansion, and they plan to retroactively update the WotAW scenario?

...or it's just an excuse by 2k to squeeze more money out of their customers. :mischief:

That is a very good point. There is no good reason not to put it into Gold unless they have plans to do something with it in "One World".

That is a very good point. There is no good reason not to put it into Gold unless they have plans to do something with it in "One World".

Huh, it could very well be the case as when Isabella was included, so maybe the 3 wonders + the scenario will become part of One World? Now I'm hoping they'll at least give a discount for the next DLC for those who HAVE the DLC already.

Top Bottom