SGOTM 13 - TNT thread

From turn1 - 3975bc - Land Area from left => right:
5000 - 9000 - 6833 - 6000 - rank 7

i must say i am AGAINST mapping out terrian like that. sorry that i only just saw this.. but its information not intended, even by a long shot, to be readily available at this time. I would like us not to refer to such tables.

Just so you know, I PM-ed AlanH before doing this, and he said that this has been discussed and used not only in this SGOTM, but also in previous SGOTMs. He also pointed out that some players/teams don't use it on principle. That is way I asked an open question in our team thread before doing it, and noone said anything against it then.

I have expanded the map by 3-4 tiles in every direction, but I will not post it until everyone has had the opportunity to say what they think.

Have u ever try early independence move?

It is not possible to create colonies since the "No Vassal States" option is checked.

In the same post enKage discusses expenses. But I just discovered that there are no colonial costs due to "No Vassal States". I guess the logic is

No Vassal States => no colonies => no colonial expenses

I created a couple of games (with and without the "No Vassal States" option) to check this. I assume enKage did not use that option when he did his tests. But it would be nice to have this verified.

-jj-

well i kinda used the info anyway, so nevermind my moral predict there... i guess we can use any help we can get... we can discuss it next time!

phew, great MM guide here. i realy like it..

the biggest question is the location of the 2nd city, that decision is very important! i guess i play according to plan untill we got a scout on the south east island?

the biggest question is the location of the 2nd city, that decision is very important! i guess i play according to plan untill we got a scout on the south east island?

Well, the plan involves putting the Settler on the Galley as soon as they are both ready and then moving them out, founding our next city in just a few turns. So deciding where to found it is essensial for continuing the plan. So scouting and moving Settler happens at the same time.

The current suggestion is to move both the Settler and the Warrior into the Galley as soon as the Galley is built, then move the Galley south, and move the Warrior ashore (on hill south of the stone hill) to scout. Actually a screen shot at this location would be nice, since then we can discuss what to do with the Settler (which then would still be in the Galley). Keath seemed to like this idea, but I want to some food near the stone before making that our first city.

What do you think?

The current suggestion is to move both the Settler and the Warrior into the Galley as soon as the Galley is built, then move the Galley south, and move the Warrior ashore

i think that maybie we are a bit late on scouting, but the mm seems perfect..

i jsut pray to god we have luck and find a good 2.nd city soon.

i will go ahead and play to that scouting point, and then post a screenshot.. i dont c how any other MM would beat it at the current state.

i think someone already posted this, but our map has 938 land tiles, that is 21,4% of the map.

The scout on the hill is a great place to stop. I hope you can post a screenshot. We have had an attachment problem. You'll have to use Google or Image Shack unless the problem is resolved.

Meeting Victoria is great. That means we're not isolated, and that our WB4 will be able to find our "old friends". This convinces me (at least) that we should go for an early Alphabet, which also leads to Currency.

im on turn 62. i have the option to board the warrior this turn, and get him to position 4 this turn already... should i do it?
nvm, i thougt if u board in a port u get to keep your moves, but u loose them anyway, it just works for landing that way...

^^Yes, set the warrior on the hill! We really need to see the other side of the island. What are you building in Elba? ***edit - I got mixed up on dates, so I assume a work boat, as the plan? And pausing to post that screen shot instead of stopping to post/upload. Let's discuss the screenshot situation before you continue, if that works for you.

I assume you met an English work boat? Where, exactly? Meeting Vicki is good news, methinks. :D

i took my sweet tie to think about ur mm choice on turn 62. (i still think i should have maxed food there untill turn 64, but i didnt want to take more time on calculating this, so i will go ahead as planed. sorry for the delay

elba was settler---galley---WB

Turnset report

Turn 59
Pressed enter

Turn 60
Our city has gone from nr2 to nr 3 on top 5 cites
3 pop whip into settler

Turn 61
Settler outchange to galley
Met Victoria from the west, (has 1 city, and came with a workboat)
She has 108 points and 2/0 espoinge ratio

We are not on the top 5 cites list anymore.

hinduism has been found

Turn 62
Galley out moved to postion 1 prod changed to WB
MM: change to hill.

Turn 63

Took warrior out of galley, and found good news!! Great city place!

uploading

triing to upload screens after this.

(should i upload the saved file?)

If you have a gmail account, you can share documents and/or pictures using it (I just learnt how to do it myself). Uploading a save game so we can take a look is ofc another solution.

Oh, and there is a reason for not maxing food on turn 62. I tried it, and Elba actually grew too fast. So 1 turn with 1 hill was the best.

EDIT: I'll check in here every 5-7 min from now - I just can't wait to see it!

If you can't upload the screenshots, you probably can't post the save here, either. I registered with Image Shack to upload images and it's quite simple as is Drop Box for the game file. You've only played a few moves so it's up to you about uploading the file to the server.

I'd rather just see the screenies for now and then we can discuss and if you have the time, play on to turn 75 where we'll be looking for the second city placement.

I assumed that he can still play the rest of his turnset even if he uploads a save to the Progress page. Or do you think differently?

EDIT: Nice! Btw Victoria came from the east (according to the screen shot), not the west. :p

I would suggest putting the Settler ashore on the grassland tile just north of the stone hill. But I do suggest founding the city and the tile NE of the stone hill, so that we can have the fish in the inner ring. That would make this city poweful from day 1. I think that is more important than sharing the hill with Elba. What about you?

Top Bottom