Guess what the next civ to be revealed will be!

So, the next civ will be

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They could, they just haven't said anything yet. I believe Spain was announced fairly early on with G&K so you would expect to hear something by now.

Not necessarily. That would hardly be a major announcement that would need to be scheduled carefully. It could just as easily be casually mentioned in a general interview, and it happens not to have come up yet.

Rome (Papal states) was one of the last parts of Italy to be added to the country during the risorgimento. They could get away with going for Turin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Sardinia-Piedmont#Territorial_evolution_of_Italy_from_1796_to_1860

Anyway. I still think it's going to be Venice, because Ragusa (Dubrovnik) is gone from CS-list and was Venetian but never Italian but for WWII. That or they go for the Normans and Ragusa (Sicily) is added as Norman Sicilian town... I think the Normans will be in, but won't be announced friday.

Ragusa was my mistake. It was Venice that was replaced, not Ragusa. At this time Ragusa is of unknown status.

Again, my bad... I mixed up middle_cyan and cyan.

Unless they end up calling the Italian civ Venice, as some people here have suggested. But yeah, considering the Scramble for Africa, it's likely to be Italy. I'm not a big fan either, and would rather have had some form of Indonesia, but what can you do.

Not necessarily. That would hardly be a major announcement that would need to be scheduled carefully. It could just as easily be casually mentioned in a general interview, and it happens not to have come up yet.

It could have been mentioned at PAX or in any of the early game previews when they announce the number of civs.

It could have been mentioned at PAX or in any of the early game previews when they announce the number of civs.

And it could have just not come up. I'm not saying they haven't had a chance to mention it. I'm saying it's a minor thing they might not have made a point about making sure to mention.

When one of the interviewers mentioned that G&K civs were the only things not being included in BNW, it probably would have been the best time to mention "well, except for Ethiopia."

It's a real shame we're not going to get Ethiopia in the SFA scenario - what are the chances of it being included as a scenario specific? Slim, I guess.

Ethiopia is my favourite civ, I'm a turtler, and I would have loved to have turtled against the combined might of the European colonial empires. Oh well.

It's not even remotely clear that that's the case yet. Like I've been saying, they might have put Ethiopia into the scenario and just haven't bothered to mention it yet. It is too soon to say they're not in.

What about a Silk Road civ? Like Parthia or Timurid?

If there was a silk road civ it would be included in the Silk Road Achievement which requires you to connect several Asian continental civs via trade routes. ...and that Achievement would have been blocked from view rather than revealed.

Are they releasing a new hidden leader image today?

Are they releasing a new hidden leader image today?

I believe so. They have said that 2 civs will be announced Friday. The last time that happened they released Shaka's and Maria's shadows on consecutive days preceding their announcement.

Here's hoping to an easier image to examine and the leader is obvious. Like Medici and his Chaperon.

I figure, if it's Italy it will look like Sukritact's April Fools joke. If it's Venice, the figure will be wearing that silly red doge's cap. If it's a Native American, we should be able to figure that out, and narrow it down from background details. With regards to Indonesia, Vietnam, and other SE Asian cultures, someone here should be familiar enough to tell the difference.

Lorenzo would be easily identifiable by his renaissance clothing.
Victor Emanuel II would be pretty easy to identify as well, the beard and a uniform would be a give away.
Normans would be the only ones wearing medieval armour.
Vietnam might have a woman, so not hard to guess either.
Native Americans could be identifiable by hairstyle or headdress.

I figure, if it's Italy it will look like Sukritact's April Fools joke. If it's Venice, the figure will be wearing that silly red doge's cap. If it's a Native American, we should be able to figure that out, and narrow it down from background details. With regards to Indonesia, Vietnam, and other SE Asian cultures, someone here should be familiar enough to tell the difference.

That's the great thing. We got 0318505138 people here with enough knowledge we can reason out something based on a few blobs of color.

I believe so. They have said that 2 civs will be announced Friday.

Not nit-picking, but they said: "Learn more about two previously unannounced Civilizations this Friday May 17th."

That could mean a lot of things. At the very least, we'll get a reveal and a hint. If it's two full reveals, I'd expect a new shadow within a couple hrs from now.

Not nit-picking, but they said: "Learn more about two previously unannounced Civilizations this Friday May 17th."

That could mean a lot of things. At the very least, we'll get a reveal and a hint. If it's two full reveals, I'd expect a new shadow within a couple hrs from now.

Hmm good thinking. They do usually stick to the letter of their wording. Remember when they said 'there was a ton to talk about BNW' but they didn't actually do it? They may as well be preparing this kind of nasty surprise for Friday.

Why the hell was this thread closed?

Not only did the 2Announced Civ thread have more posts, it was also about the actual news that two civs will be announced tomorrow + a teasure picture.

This thread here started as actual guessing game when we didn't have that news + picture. It's not only completely irrelevant now, but it also doesn't match the actual topic as there are TWO civs going to be revealed tomorrow. (+ we had some interesting discussions there that are gone now as well)

Now warn/ban/remove this post for complaining about moderation actions, but please think about it next time you close a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom