Dutch walkthrough of Morocco and Civil War scenario

Total War: Rome (vs Carthage), US (vs Native Americans, vs Germany, vs Japan, late Civil War), WWII Germany, WWII Japan, Russia (vs Napoleon, vs WWII Germany), Mongols (vs any city that refused to capitulate), Huns (vs Rome)
I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here. "Total War" is a quote from a speech by Goebbels in the Sportpalast, Berlin, and refers to mobilizing all the forces of a country (chiefly economy and labour) for the war effort - not to total annihilation of the enemy. As such the gameplay effects of this tenet make sense.

Man, I've never heard somebody playing civ with this little enthousiasm in his voice :undecide:
I'm guessing he drew the shortest straw at the office and would rather be playing World of Warcraft (I'm guessing, as he calls the ideologies "talent trees" :mischief: )

To be fair, he actually calls them "tenet trees" which is fairly accurate. Other than that, indeed: Wow, how bored can one sound.

For all the boredness of his voice, it's still a way more informative preview than most we've seen for a while now.

Seems odd that it's not available after being up for less than 24 hours. I wonder if there was something revealed that Firaxis/2k games didn't want to be revealed just yet?

There wasn't anything earth shattering in that video unless we all missed it. It's too late to pull it anyway so it might be a much simpler explanation for it, e.g. they want to encode the video in better quality.

Edit: This is up on their site: http://www.gamer.nl/video/425602/thom-doorloopt-civilization-v-brave-new-world-deel-1

It says deel 1 (part 1) so maybe the video is being split up.

There wasn't anything earth shattering in that video unless we all missed it. It's too late to pull it anyway so it might be a much simpler explanation for it, e.g. they want to encode the video in better quality.

Edit: This is up on their site: http://www.gamer.nl/video/425602/thom-doorloopt-civilization-v-brave-new-world-deel-1

It says deel 1 (part 1) so maybe the video is being split up.

I agree, there wasn't anything earth shattering in the video, though it could have been that Firaxis/Take2 wanted certain items, e.g. the effects of certain wonders, not to be revealed just yet - though the fact that they've put it back up, split in parts, would suggest this is not the case.

Well, the Red Fort was news to us. That's actually pretty intriguing—the old Mughal Fort icon was a picture of the Red Fort. If it's in as a Wonder now, does that mean the Mughal Fort UB is out? Part of a bigger Indian overhaul, á la France, like we've all been hoping for?

The Indian UB can be replaced. But the India UA is not that bad but actually quite powerful in late game domination.

The UA is boring, extremely inaccurate, and kind of racist. It's true that it's strong in the late game, but it can be a serious impediment in the early going, which no other UA is.

The UA is boring, extremely inaccurate, and kind of racist. It's true that it's strong in the late game, but it can be a serious impediment in the early going, which no other UA is.

I do agree that India UA is just lazy design and I hate it with passion. I personally would change pretty much everything about India starting with the leader - Asoka would be my leader choice for India.

Btw some people dont seem to understand that Prora is wonder only for Autocratic Civs. If you dont go Autocracy you are not gonna build it. I think this is important to notice. I can understand someone would not like it if it was a normal wonder, but as an autocratic wonder I dont really see any problem with it.

I although agree they should really try to get some more non-German related Autocratic policies and non-Soviet related Order policies.

Yeah, the Soviet-centrism of Order is sort of disappointing too. There's Cultural Revolution, but I think that's the only reference to China. What about Yugoslavia (Brotherhood & Unity, Non-Aligned Movement, Self-Management) and Vietnam (Doi Moi)?

Worst review I have ever seen. He's obviously no fan.

Man, I've never heard somebody playing civ with this little enthousiasm in his voice :undecide:
I'm guessing he drew the shortest straw at the office and would rather be playing World of Warcraft (I'm guessing, as he calls the ideologies "talent trees" :mischief: )
It really was terrible to hear wasn't it? At the beginning I found it annoying until he gave some blunt comments like "So here you can see Carlos Chavez and I have no idea who this is". "So there are new policy trees and you can see that we have three active here at aesthetics and none at exploration" :lol: they really should have thought about letting someone that can represent itself better to voice this vid.

Its funny to watch this as a german.
i like Dutch and can understand almost everything. ^^

Dang, I'd kill for a chance to play BNW early.

Top Bottom