Quick Questions and Answers

Are there keys to move a unit? Like the number pad in previous versions? I can only press M and click the mouse.

There are other ways to move with the mouse only, but none with only the keyboard. An artifact of the hex layout not mapping easily to the number pad, I imagine.

Quick question about GAs. If I go into a GA with a GP or Policy, are the culture points I'm getting per turn still added on in the background, or does the count stop while the GA is running?
Thanks.

Quick question about GAs. If I go into a GA with a GP or Policy, are the culture points I'm getting per turn still added on in the background, or does the count stop while the GA is running?
Thanks.

I assume you mean happiness (not culture) points going into your GA bucket? If so, then no, the counter does not increase during a golden age.

If you mean the culture you get from excess happiness from whichever policy that is, then yes, that bonus culture is not affected by GA's.

Thanks, I meant the first one, from :). My mistake.

I presumed as much, but I just wanted to find out if anyone had actually paid specific attention.

hi everyone,
Does anyon know the difference between these 2 promotions:

PROMOTION_INTERCEPTION_1(2,3) vs PROMOTION_INTERCEPTION_I(,II,III,IV)

hi everyone,
Does anyon know the difference between these 2 promotions:

PROMOTION_INTERCEPTION_1(2,3) vs PROMOTION_INTERCEPTION_I(,II,III,IV)

The ones with Arabic numerals are the promotions for your fighters. Pretty sure the Roman numeral ones are for other units, like SAMs or naval units that can intercept aircraft. Either that or legacy code that was never removed from the conversion from Civ 4.

A couple of questions here to a person new to CiV, but used to Civ III

1-Are there governments? I haven't seen any, so do they not exist?
2-Do unit upgrades compound? It looks at though they're limited in numbers, so does II replace I?
3-Production seems slow. I'm used to Civ III playing with accelerated production and just producing a lot of things very quickly. Is there anyway to do that on CiV?
4-What are teams? I started a game with a couple people on my team, but I'm not sure what it meant... now they seem to be the next most powerful people in the game because they're riding my research.

First off, welcome to CFC! [party]

1) No. Social Policies are what's new with Civ5. Social policies can be earned through culture.
2) I think they compound, but I've never really checked.
3) Change the game speed setting to Quick, and then production will speed up.
4) Teams are groups of civilizations that are supposed to work together to achieve a victory. I've never actually played a team game, so I don't really have in-game experience with it.

What are the bonuses for the AI/Human at each difficulty?
It's a bit much to spell that out in detail here. You should take a look at the file called 'Civ5HandicapInfos'. This is the file path: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\Civ5HandicapInfos.

So, I accepted a 10 turn peace treaty with Catherine. She gave me cash and some gpt. But 10 turns came and went as I built up my military, and now it appears I actually signed a 30 turn deal. What gives? Did the gpt turn it into a 30 turn affair?

BTW, CiV noob here. The $team $ale hooked me into giving this a try. I have to say, I find it compelling in its own way, though not as intricate as IV.

So, I accepted a 10 turn peace treaty with Catherine. She gave me cash and some gpt. But 10 turns came and went as I built up my military, and now it appears I actually signed a 30 turn deal. What gives? Did the gpt turn it into a 30 turn affair?

BTW, CiV noob here. The $team $ale hooked me into giving this a try. I have to say, I find it compelling in its own way, though not as intricate as IV.

The Peace deal (time at during which neither side can declare war again on each other) lasts 10 turns. Period. What you negotiated for lasts for how long was agreed upon in the peace negotiations - gpt or resource trades/gifts generally last 30 turns.
Note, you can cancel those by declaring war after 10 turns if you want. Or by removing access to the resource at any time.

In my current game I have signed a defensive pact with Ceasar and Alexander.
If Alexander suddenly declared war on Ceasar, would that drag me into a war with both nations who I swore to defend? Or just against Alexander since he was the first to attack?

In my current game I have signed a defensive pact with Ceasar and Alexander.
If Alexander suddenly declared war on Ceasar, would that drag me into a war with both nations who I swore to defend? Or just against Alexander since he was the first to attack?

As soon as you declare war all your defensive pacts are cancelled. So as soon as Alexander declares war Ceaser, Alex's pact with you is nulled. The pact you have with Ceaser kicks in and you are suddenly at war with your former friend, Alex.

The Peace deal (time at during which neither side can declare war again on each other) lasts 10 turns. Period. What you negotiated for lasts for how long was agreed upon in the peace negotiations - gpt or resource trades/gifts generally last 30 turns.
Note, you can cancel those by declaring war after 10 turns if you want. Or by removing access to the resource at any time.

Thanks for the info. However, I was unable to break the peace treaty even after 10 turns. It seems that the 30 turn deal for 2gpt prevented me from breaking the treaty. I kept going to the diplomacy menu to declare war, but it wouldn't let me. Finally at about turn 18, I got the notification that the peace treaty had expired and I could declare war again. I wonder if it was because Catherine was unable to support the 2 gpt contract.

I forgot to say above that I am playing with the Vanilla Enhanced Mod, which I decided to try after watching some Civ5esoes LP. I am not sure if that changes how this works. Still a noob!

I forgot to say above that I am playing with the Vanilla Enhanced Mod, which I decided to try after watching some Civ5esoes LP. I am not sure if that changes how this works. Still a noob!

If you're using MODS you are less a noob than I am. :lol:

Hi,

I've seen in WainyCiv's Babylon LP on youtube that the fountain of youth grants promotions to units that pass by it :o

Are there other Natural Wonders that give promotions?

Hi,

I've seen in WainyCiv's Babylon LP on youtube that the fountain of youth grants promotions to units that pass by it :o

Are there other Natural Wonders that give promotions?

No. Just the Fountain of Youth. Thankfully.

Top Bottom