[CiV pack] Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations

When you've finished the last civs I'm gonna download it. It's been a long wait.:D
Weren't you supposed to do the Median empire as well..?:confused: Just asking.;)

Version 6 released

Version 6 solves a CTD when embarking units playing as Dido.
Now you can play with or against Carthage without suffering CTDs.
Carthage UA and Cothon effect have been modified accordingly.

Spoiler :

Thanks. I already know it, but the issue is the "edit" in post #2:
Seems that if you change the flag on a unit it will mess up the icons in the strategic view(example your settler icon might turn into a warriors axe icon in the strategic view only.) Hopefully someone smarter than me will come along and figure out the right way of doing this.

Does anyone know if it has been resolved?

I'll test unit flags just after releasing Decebal of Dacia. I didn't give high priority to unit flags because of the lack of 3D UUs itself.
I've removed Median from the to-do civs because I'll stop when reaching ten of them and, atm, there is only one slot free. Babylonians might be the candidate.

After finishing your job with the mediterranean civs, is that possible to make the same kind of work to other civs?

Mayan, Korean or Dutch for instance?

There is a alomost completely work made for the dutch civ. The modder has made even the unique units with graphics. But there is no Leader Screen (I guess that your mod is the unique that makes leaders screens). Your mod is very beatifull, but I felll that is just missing the art for unique units. There are some made. It should be very nice if you join your work with some of these done units.

What do you think about it?

About next civs:
I would complete AMCs with a total of ten civs (who is the 10th civ is still to decide). After that, I'll do just a single civ (I don't want to reveal its name - I just say that it's a abstract civ, which, incredible to believe, the hardest thing is to name it, because it never existed - I just want to make playable its leader, which was a real leader instead) :)

About UUs, afaik currently there are no ancient units around that could fit these civs. I'm not skilled enough to make units from scratch :(

I guess that your mod is the unique that makes leaders screens

As I wrote elsewhere, here is a tip to help other modders to include diplo scenes in their civs.
Search for "miniatures" pictures on the web. You will find lots of sites with lots of photos, both from producers and from customers.
During my research I found lots of figures and models which I didn't need, but also some very useful.
For example, this is the guy who became Viriato in my mod:
http://www.andrea-miniatures.com/market/AspsProductos/Detalle.asp?IdProductoDetalle=1557
Vercingetorix icon comes from here:
http://www.planetfigure.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26649
Who likes Boudica, may directly buy her here:
http://www.pegasomodels.com/productdetails_en.asp?id=653
Not as DLC, of course :lol:

Once again I'm asking for a help to check grammar mistakes in the introductory text. (Leader is missing because I'm working on it - don't worry :) )
English isn't my first language and I will be grateful to whom will check the text below.
Thanks ;)

EDIT
attachment removed

Attachments

• BG.7z
    806.4 KB · Views: 63
I don't agree with Civ'ed, there are other points to correct beside fallen fell.

These are : "your people look toward you" and "to keep on supplying them with".

I disagree, what he has before your corrections work perfectly fine and match the style of the other Vanilla Dawn-of-Man quotes

Please, tell me exactly how to change text, otherwise I go confused :crazyeye:

I add the text in the pic above in order to help you (and me) with a easy copy/paste/edit:

May honor and strength be upon you Decebal, king of the Dacian people! For many centuries your kingdom has been a troubled land; long time ago Getae tribes, from northern Thracia, moved themselves toward the fertile plains of the region, coming into contact with your Dacians ancestors. Merging their roots, these populations had lived together along the Danube River, having both peaceful and military encounters with other neighboring tribes, such as Celts, Ancient Germanics, Sarmatians, Scythians, Greeks and Romans. Oh "Brave" Decebal, too many Dacian kingdoms arose and fallen in the previous years, and new threats will come again from the borders.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]King Decebal, your people look to you to lead them to glory. To make them powerful and wealthy, to keep them supplied with the weapons they need to defeat any foe. Can you save them from destruction, oh King? Can you build a civilization that will stand the test of time?

Top Bottom