[MOD] MagisterModmod

The evangelise to units ability should not be usable on enemy units IMO. In my last game I completely evangelised large Sheaim stacks before obliterating them so that most of them would be reborn as angels and not manes. Helped Basium a ton. Edit: I completely forgot the best way to abuse it. Evangelise the empyrean to Calabim units, and cast revelation. Poof! All of Alexis' vampires are yours now :lol:
Can also be abused by Auric post the draw (although its fairly irrelevant since the game isn't a challenge by then).
Also, out of curiosity, does the AI use the evangelize to units ability?

If Auric is not in the game, completing the White Hand will make him enter it. If Letum Frigus is not in the game, it may make that feature appear near the city. If there is nowhere for it to go, then the units just appear in the city that completed the ritual.

So its kinda like summoning Basium, except that you have the choice of letting him be your partner.

Question: Is there a source of Creation mana that I am missing? It is the one mana type that you cannot just build a node for, and I have played a couple of games and not found a source.

Creation mana spawns randomly. You can't build nodes for it on raw mana. Alternatively, you could try building the Museum of Maponos.

Question: Is there a source of Creation mana that I am missing? It is the one mana type that you cannot just build a node for, and I have played a couple of games and not found a source.

The Museum of Maponos, the Empyrean holy site, and a pair of palaces - specifically Kuriotates and Luchuirp if recall correctly - give you Creation mana; the Museum probably being the easiest to get if you're not keen on getting the Empyrean faith. I have no idea how much priority the AI puts on it, but to be on the safe side i always start building it when possible personally (but i love me some wonders). Alternatively, there is also a random event that pops up semifrequently, spawning (or turning raw mana into?) creation mana, only requiring you to build a node on top of it which can be done.

I like how advanced tactics handles great generals (I don't know why FFH2 removed the warlords GG feature-was there a reason for it?), but I don't like the embassies. Is there a simple way to get only the changed great general feature without the embassies?

Are the Sheaim still as super powered as they were? Not sure the last rev of this mod I played, but them and the Khazad were my hardest opponents. Khazad all game long, but if you didn't get the Sheaim early their power ramped up in a hurry.

Has anyone else noticed the AI moves from its starting location very often? This is very irritating since they tend to go and settle their capital 4 tiles from another player :cringe:

Are the Sheaim still as super powered as they were? Not sure the last rev of this mod I played, but them and the Khazad were my hardest opponents. Khazad all game long, but if you didn't get the Sheaim early their power ramped up in a hurry.

Yeah the Sheaim do get really strong late game. Still haven't seen them using rifts though, now that would be really scary :eek:

The Khazad's early game warmongering tendencies have reduced due to the SoK's power being halved.

I'd recommend using worldbuilder to cheat.

I'd also suggest playing as the Mercurians or Elohim and sending units out to sanctify as much as you can as quick as you can. Sanctifying would reduce the AC slightly, make unowned land impassible to Balors or the Demon Lord avatars themselves, and get rid of lairs that may spawn

In this scenario you have the normal spread of hell terrain, but it cannot pass the mountain range that shields the beachhead. There is also additional increases in the plot counters the further you go into the Fane. (The special spread of hell terrain is one of the main reasons this scenario runs so slowly.) Things that are sanctified will need to be sanctified again before long.

As the Elohim is it essential to found cities on the other side of the mountain range (preferably just in front of the passes) and construct Chancel's of the Guardians in cities connected to sources of Life mana so that the nearby land is sanctified automatically. That would prevent Helfire or Pits from existing or spawning demons near you.

Another thing to remember is that I changed the scenario from elimination to regicide. You do not have to conquer or raze every Infernal city or vanquish every demonic unit. You only need to assassinate the 7 demon lord units themselves. They are immortal, so you may need to kill them twice in a single turn and may have to lay siege to their capital in order to do so. Basium has an extra advantage here though. The Basium unit targets the Demon Lord units in stacks, and his Clava Vindex equipment promotion robs evil units of their immortality.

I loathe cheating, I just abandoned the scenario and started over again, deigning to be more aggressive and take some of your advice. I'm playing as Malakim again, on noble (though one day when i get a better cpu I'd like to tackle it on something higher) So, I more aggressively sanctified hell terrain from the start and a combination of that and the lower difficulty I think had the whole scenario running smoother for a lot longer, I still started to get long turns around turn 250 but not as bad as it was on monarch. I also got moo2 to play in another window while civ4 turns wheel around.

The evangelise to units ability should not be usable on enemy units IMO. In my last game I completely evangelised large Sheaim stacks before obliterating them so that most of them would be reborn as angels and not manes. Helped Basium a ton. Edit: I completely forgot the best way to abuse it. Evangelise the empyrean to Calabim units, and cast revelation. Poof! All of Alexis' vampires are yours now :lol:
Can also be abused by Auric post the draw (although its fairly irrelevant since the game isn't a challenge by then).
Also, out of curiosity, does the AI use the evangelize to units ability?

So its kinda like summoning Basium, except that you have the choice of letting him be your partner.

Creation mana spawns randomly. You can't build nodes for it on raw mana. Alternatively, you could try building the Museum of Maponos.

I did something akin to this while playing as the Grigori XD Someone did the White Hand ritual, and the big group Auric was in decided to settle in the middle of my empire. I had obtained a named Luonnotar, and used evangelize to units standing right outside their city. It killed all three priests of winter, and I was able to send in my super scouts to annihilate them XD

Can anyone please explain, why I can't build the Altar of Luonnator? I'm currently playing as the orc girl leader and have got the Ashen Veil Religion. The altar winning option is switched off, but normally I can build it anyway.

Can anyone please explain, why I can't build the Altar of Luonnator? I'm currently playing as the orc girl leader and have got the Ashen Veil Religion. The altar winning option is switched off, but normally I can build it anyway.

Can't Altar only be built by good or neutral?

I've been having a consistent crash-to-desktop thing ever since I updated to the latest version of this, it always happens right as the game is actually about to start- just after it loads the map and should be transitioning to the initial "dawn of time" screen. I've tried numerous map-sizes, map-types, graphic options, and even deleted it for a fresh install- nothing works. It's only affecting this mod and it's only since I updated to the 04/16/16 last Wednesday, the one before that worked fine. I'm kind of at a loss of what to try now. :(

So I just completed the Momus, found a couple of strange things though:
Quite early in the game, the Calabim built Saverous. But then around 70-80 turns later, Perpentach also built him :crazyeye:. I looked through the log twice and I saw no mention of him being killed, but at no point in the game were there two Saverouses either. The "player X has built Saverous the Thrall" message came up both the times he was built. And when Perpentach did build him, he didn't get a new Saverous but a highly promoted level 10 one, which I'm pretty sure was the same one the Calabim built. Is this some feature you've added?
Quite late in the scenario, some of the units I built were starting out with the blind promotion. Any idea why?

I did something akin to this while playing as the Grigori XD Someone did the White Hand ritual, and the big group Auric was in decided to settle in the middle of my empire. I had obtained a named Luonnotar, and used evangelize to units standing right outside their city. It killed all three priests of winter, and I was able to send in my super scouts to annihilate them XD

Totally forgot about thr Grigori :lol:

Can't Altar only be built by good or neutral?

Yes.

So I just completed the Momus, found a couple of strange things though:
Quite early in the game, the Calabim built Saverous. But then around 70-80 turns later, Perpentach also built him :crazyeye:. I looked through the log twice and I saw no mention of him being killed, but at no point in the game were there two Saverouses either. The "player X has built Saverous the Thrall" message came up both the times he was built. And when Perpentach did build him, he didn't get a new Saverous but a highly promoted level 10 one, which I'm pretty sure was the same one the Calabim built. Is this some feature you've added?.
IIRC if a civ quites a religion, the religious Hero leaves them and can be built by another civ.

and it might be possible that the religious hero that changed civ is built with all his history (the xp / promo he got from the previous civ)

IIRC if a civ quites a religion, the religious Hero leaves them and can be built by another civ.

and it might be possible that the religious hero that changed civ is built with all his history (the xp / promo he got from the previous civ)

Ohhh yeah you're right. Can't believe I forgot about this mechanic :lol: I've never seen it happen before this.

I play a game with the illians and the temple of the hand have a strange behaviour. While in my capital they provide the correct bonus (+70%), in the other cities the bonus ranges from 5% to 20% in a rather unpredictable way.
Am I missing something or is this an incorrect behavior?

Has anyone seen acheron spawn lately? I haven't in any of my games recently.

I play a game with the illians and the temple of the hand have a strange behaviour. While in my capital they provide the correct bonus (+70%), in the other cities the bonus ranges from 5% to 20% in a rather unpredictable way.

Are all your cities connected to the capital?

Edit:excuse the angry face in the title, I misclicked :lol:

I had him spawn in my game, but fairly late - mid-to-late game, which i can't recall seeing him do before. I think, however, that the barbs might have been delayed by rival civs - the city he spawned in had a good deal of ex-Lanun cities around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostslayer View Post
Are all your cities connected to the capital?

Edit:excuse the angry face in the title, I misclicked
Apr 27, 2016 10:10 AM

Of course, they are all connected.

And concerning Acheron, it seems to appear much later. And it is maybe not a bad thing....

Hmm okay.. maybe I just neec to wait some more. IIRC in vanilla FfH2 he would spawn much earlier.

Is there a way to disable automatic growth control? Currently playing as the Calabim, so I don't mind my city growing large with a lot of unhappiness, but the game wont allow me to.

Edit: nvm, I see this feature was added in MNAI. I'll ask there.

Top Bottom