[MOD] MagisterModmod

Stuck between turn.

It may be an AI bug, but I am unwilling to send the save directly to Thotal without being sure (since it's not on his mod alone), and I don't care enough to investigate (the game is as good as won at that points).

There have been some world edit to remove barbare and make respawn the octopus holy city.

My computer is running linux + wine to play CivIV.

Attachments

• Khazak.CivBeyondSwordSave
    507.5 KB · Views: 109
I've already made various changes in my version, so if I load the saved game it would not be identical to what is on your system if even we were not using different operating systems. I could save a backup and the current version and reinstall from the last release, but that is a hassle.

I would much rather look at the log files first to see if I can find the problem there. Could you post the PythonErr.log, PythonDbg.log, BBAI.log, and MPLog.txt files from that game? (Note that starting a new game overwrites these files, and that you need to edit the CivilizationIV.ini file as I describe in the first post in order for them to be created.)

(It does not appear that Liberty is the only civic that currently reduces instability tough. Arete reduced both national instability and instability based on the distance from your capital. Crusade decreases local and natinal instability. Guardian of Nature reduces national instability. Republic reduces local, national and distance based instability. Pacifism reduced local and national instability.)
Sorry I misspoke. I meant that Liberty is the only "Government" civic.
plus liberty is high tech.
and arete, crusade and Guardian of Nature are religion limited.
meaning, that CoE, Empy, OO and AV can't get them.

I would much rather look at the log files first to see if I can find the problem there. Could you post the PythonErr.log, PythonDbg.log, BBAI.log, and MPLog.txt files from that game? (Note that starting a new game overwrites these files, and that you need to edit the CivilizationIV.ini file as I describe in the first post in order for them to be created.)

I activated the log in the .ini, ended turn.

* PythonErr.log is empty
* I don't put the PythonErr2.log because if I recall correctly there is no much information, but there one notable line :
21:12:17 DEBUG: BugInit - game not fully initialized
* No MPLog.txt (I suppose it's because the game is not multiplauer)
* BBAI.log and PythonDbg.log would be attached if the forum were letting me attach them. A quick look at them show that the infinite loop is in the Lanun turn (they are reduced to one city -_-)

If PythonErr.log is empty (and you remembered to set LoggingEnabled = 1 in CivilizationIV.ini and have not started any game since you had the problem), then that means the problem is not in python. It is likely an AI issue. Tholal would know more about fixing those than I do, but I can still look into it,

PythonErr2.log says "DEBUG: BugInit - game not fully initialized" in every game. I think Tholal might not have actually implemented the entirety of BUG, as a few things were not very compatible with the way FfH2 was written. It should not be a problem.

MPLog.txt is created in single player games too. It is probably the largest of the log files (mine is about 15 mb right now, 30 times the size limit that this forum places on txt file uploads), at it includes details like the index of the tiles to and from which each unit moves and the random numbers generated to determine things like the growth of features as well as AI decisions.

I just recalled though that it is not created by default. LoggingEnabled = 1 is not enough to create the file. I turned on every option in CivilizationIV.ini that is related to logging, so I'm not actually sure which which one it requires. It might even require all of them, or include less information if they are not all activated. I'd recommend turning on those option so you could provide this file in case of future problems, but that would not help with your last game.

This forum does not allow files of the .log format to be posted. You could change their extensions to something like .txt to post them individually, but I'd recommend compressing them all in one .zip or .7z archive and posting that.

I have a quick question. I am seeing a Khazad AI that put road throught the moutain, but I don't understand how. Is there a moutain road ability on some unit ?

Edit : side note probably too hard to fix but annoying nonetheless.

I found concil of Esus, and two other civ switch to undercouncil and elect one of them as leader of the undercouncil even before I can switch. While I have founded it.

The Khazad world spell places resources on peaks in their territory, and gives them mines and roads to connect them.

The Luchuirp Mud Golems can also move through peaks and build roads there.

The Khazad world spell places resources on peaks in their territory, and gives them mines and roads to connect them.

The Luchuirp Mud Golems can also move through peaks and build roads there.

You should put that into the 'pedia, and/or put a more explicit link to that kind of change. It change the world spell from something I would never cast to something that can be pretty nice.

As a side note, can it put hidden mithril on thoses mountains ? Or should I keep the world spell for when I have Mithril Working ?

I have a game where I summoned the infernal, which I have taken. I then took most of the khazad empire. There is two oddities :

* I have found an acolyte in a dungeon... Which is also a demon. I could found the Order in Dis, but this seem stupid :p

* more seriously, every moutain tile (which are mined and roaded per the khazad world spell) are worth 5 gold, which seem a lot. Any idea why ?

The first oddity is perfectly normal behavior in base FfH2 as well as my modmod. Disciples are a possible lair result, and the player's default racial promotion (Demon, in the case of the Infernals) is given to all living units except those with world limits (i.e., heroes).

I'd go ahead and use it to found The Order in just to get the benefits of the holy city (and deny them to your rivals). The Order religion is automatically removed from Infernal cities, but its holy city status would is not changed. Shrines can be built in holy cities even if the religion itself is no longer present. It is quite nice to have the Code of Junil's free Law mana, Fire mana, Force mana, and Command I promotion for disciples built in the city. Good religions would cause unhappiness with the Undercouncil civic, but the Demonic Citizens building negates that.

The Khazad world spell boosts the yield of peaks too. I don't remember exactly, but I think that I had to use python to increase the yields in order to make it possible to work them at all. Perhaps I should not boost it by that much though.

Thank for the reply. For now, I'd better not tofound the Order, not enough benefit for the ridiculous situation this would cause :)

Perhaps I should not boost it by that much though.
Well, it is usually balanced because Khazad start at location with not a lot of food, and even with good prairie coverage food isn't the dwarf main point, so it can't be that easily abused.

But as soon as I grabbed theses with infernals, then it became just about the best possible city location, since the lack of food mean nothing to me. Then again, maybe it's a bit cornercase to warrant a specific fix. In any case, it wasn't the economic power granted by thoses tile that make the infernal roll in this specific game, it's that Judecca is freaking powerful :) (both the base hero and the traits are for me the best one for a human infernal player. I suppose the AI would have trouble to avoid Judecca getting killed)

Further comment on Calabim.
I think that the requirement of lvl 12 for upgrading to vampire lords is a bit too hard.
Indeed, only melee units (if i'm correct) can upgrade to vampire lords.
so it means only morois and men at arms.

getting any one of those to lvl 6 is already hard. so IMO getting them to level 12 is too much.
lvl 12 made sense when calabim champions were vampires already. Indeed, they had an easy access to lvl 6, almost from birth.

However, now, men at arms are not vampires... and they need to reach lvl6 to get the vampire promotions... and needs to gain the lvl 6 the hard way; so theorically, you could make vampire lords available till level 6 (and that would be balanced with other immortals) as calabim don't get anymore the freebe to lvl 6.

however, as vampire lords are kinda more powerful than other immortals, maybe you can reduce it to 10 ?(101xp?)

I have a problem I don't know that anyone else cares about. I've been playing a lot of Civ4 BtS multiplayer lately. And because of that I have the graphics turned down to minimum. And at minimum graphics many of the units don't display correctly. For example, skeletons and mud golems display as swordsmen. And wild elephants display as war elephants. And other units use the wrong graphics as well.

Another issue. Playing as the Illians, with graphics on minimum, the game crashed a couple of times when completing the White Hand. The error message was not enough graphics memory. My video card that I installed less than 1 year ago is a Radeon HD 5770 with 1GB ofGDDR5.

For some reason I can't get Return of Winter to start from the scenario file. The game says it can't read the worldbuilder file. All the other scenarios work fine.

Tried again. The error message, if it helps you, is:

Failed to allocate video memory. Please try reducing your graphics settings.
File:\main\Civilization4\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\CoreLibs\NiDX9Renderer\NiDX9RenderedTextureData.ccp, Line:177

I reduced my desktop resolution from1920*1080 to 1440*900 and still had the same crash.

Was the removal of Disrupt from Balseraph a voluntary change ? If yes, don't you believe Loki should have something in addition to make him more useful and more fun ?

Loki, while plenty unsufferable in base FFH, was also the flagship of the balseraph spirit. Seeing him without Disrupt make me a sad panda :sad:

@Calavente
In most civilizations only melee units can upgrade to UNITCLASS_IMMORTAL, but there are exceptions among the unique units of certain civs. The Illian/Doviello Priests of Winter, the Elohim Monks, the Amurite Wizards, and the Calabim Blood Guards can also upgrade to this unitclass.

Thanks to Blood Guards, it is not much harder to get Vampire Lords in this modmod than in base FfH2. This UU starts with the Vampire promotion and has the same tech prereq as the old Vampires, although they cost slightly more and, like the Royal Guards they replace, they are mounted national units that require the Aristocracy civic. (This is the favorite civic of the Calabim-only leaders and is thematically appropriate, but was mechanically disadvantageous until I added this UU.) Blood Guards lack the Spirit II promotion and the strong defensive strength of the unit they replace, but they still start with Guardsman and Law I (which very useful when dealing with the Moroi's and Brujah's Burning Blood). Using them you can get Vampire Lords with promotions like Mobility II and Flanking as well as Law I, but since they no longer have Channeling II this does not give them access to Summon Einherjar or Unyielding Order (unless they use the Death III spell to turn into Liches)

@Cutlass
Units graphics reverting to those of vanilla civ is a known issue not only with my mod but with FfH2 in general. It happens when you have the Frozen Animations graphics option on, as those who made the custom art for FfH2 dd not bother to create frozen animations.

I always turn videos off, so I have not encountered any problems with wonder, religion, or ritual videos. Someone commented a while back that there was an issue related to the lack of a video for the white hand founding, so I just copied another religion's videos for the new religions. I don't know why they would cause a graphics card problem. I would just suggest turning the movies off. I do not think that they add much.

@Conqistador
Return of Winter works fine for me. I believe that right after my last release I noticed that the map still contained ImprovementType=IMPROVEMENT_PENGUINS when it should have been changed to BonusType=BONUS_PENGUINS (which I have since corrected but not releases), but the error that generated should not stop it from loading.

@TheLazyHase
Disrupt was not removed, but rather moved to be a spell used by the Agents of Esus.

I'm not quite sure what I'll do about Loki. I already gave him Mind II, but I still tend to think that he is not worth building when I play as the Balseraphs and too annoying when a Balseraph neighbor sends him to my cities.

I am tempted to give Loki Chaos III, so that he can cast Wonder. That would of course necessitate making him a later game hero. Drama seems most thematically appropriate technology, but it might be too early for a spell as powerful as Wonder. I just noticed that it is possible to give multiple tech prereqs. Is Drama + Sorcery enough, or would Drama + Arcane Lore be better?

I don't think it would be overpowering. After all, look at the heroes other civilizations get.

If you go that route, I think Sorcery and Drama should be the techs. What you've described isn't exactly some overpowering hero, so why make Perpy wait that long?

Then too, even if it is only Sorcery as a pre-req, there aren't going to be that many cities he can take over at that point. Kind of takes away some of his utility at that point.

That said, after the early game where Loki can take over cities, I pretty much only use him as a scout because of his survivability. That is definitely useful no matter what part of the game you are in.

Can Loki get an ability like Escape? Being able to get back to the home capitol quickly would be far more useful to me as I use Loki.

@MagisterCultuum:
okay.
nice to know.
I didn't use the blood guard as they did not seems strong with regard to the very bad aristocracy (I'm not sure I can afford the -1 from farms)

Top Bottom