[MOD] MagisterModmod

The easiest way would probably be to go ahead and upgrade to the version I am currently in the process of uploading. The changes are not big enough to break any saved games.

(I was just going to explain how to fix that one minor issue, but while correcting it I found and fixed another issue that I think had the potential to cause crashes to the desktop in certain circumstances.)

Edit: That took a lot longer to upload than I expected (only partially because I forgot to put the .exe in a .zip on my first two tries), but it is now available for download from the first post of this thread.

Do the adepts auto-gain fewer xp than in vanilla?

No. Nothing relating to that has been changed.

Maybe you just happened to have tested vanilla FfH2 with an Arcane trait leader and the civs you have played in my modmod don't have that trait?

(You might be interested to know though that the xp cap from barbarians and animals have been changed from 100 to 999 in today's release though.)

Just download new file, and save game load fine. However, all of the on screen icons are missing. I thought this might be an options thing, but if I press escape, and chose option, no screen comes up. Is there an activation I'm missing??

I wasn't sure what you meant by "all of the on screen icons are missing," so I did a clean install from the exe, started a game, and noticed the interface was missing. This is a sign that several python files (including CvMainInterface.py) were unable to load due to a syntax error in at least one of them. I used PyScripter to debug the altered files and found that the issue was that I did not indent properly on lines 2566 and 2571 of CvEventManager.py. I should have debugged prior to releasing and/or run a test game after running the installer. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I just took down that installer you ran and am about to upload a corrected version. Since I saw that it only had one view before I took it down, I'm assuming you are the only one with the problem. I'm not going to bother with naming the replacement any differently.

No. Nothing relating to that has been changed.

Maybe you just happened to have tested vanilla FfH2 with an Arcane trait leader and the civs you have played in my modmod don't have that trait?

(You might be interested to know though that the xp cap from barbarians and animals have been changed from 100 to 999 in today's release though.)

Maybe. I haven't really played ffh2 a lot. So I don't know all of the ins and outs of it. And I haven't really pursued the magic side of the tech tree a lot. Adepts are so weak, how do you level them up if they don't do so on their own? They're too weak to send into combat.

Maybe. I haven't really played ffh2 a lot. So I don't know all of the ins and outs of it. And I haven't really pursued the magic side of the tech tree a lot. Adepts are so weak, how do you level them up if they don't do so on their own? They're too weak to send into combat.

Adept's gain xp over time just by sitting there, up to 16xp. When they upgrade to mages, they get an additional free promo, and continuing up to 20xp (from memory), until finally as arch mages I think their passive xp goes all the way to 100. What I do is have at least 4 adepts that I really look after, give them the easy 99.9 combat when possible, let them be lead by a warlord, and general take the star promotions early so as they can do a bit of combat. It is a slow, and delicate process, but properly upgraded archmages, or better yet lich, can be very destructive. Oh, and if you play as the vampires, taking enemy cities, the sending in a vampiric mage can be great. From memory Iv'e had level 40ish mages from this.

It is worth noting that arcane units gain one level of magic for having two spheres of that many, mages and archmages gain a second level for each sphere in which you have three sources of that mana, and archmages receive a third level for any mana that they you have four of. And there's a fair bit more mana in MC's modmod than base FFH2, so it can pay to give your arcane units combat promotions more often than in FFH2.

Here's a wild one: Judecca, an infernal lord, has the summoner civ ability and can summon beasts of Agares which stick around longer for every kill them make. I have a summoned BoA that says it is going to stick around for 48 turns.

I don't recall with certainty what mapscript I was using, but I would guess Tectonics as I use that for a majority of my games. When I told it to ignore the assert failure, the game seemed to run just fine.

Definitely related to the Tectonics map, though I don't know really know what's causing the issue. Assert errors are generally notifications that bad data is being passed (in this case, it's trying to send an invalid plot location for the starting plot. Most of the the time the DLL code catches and rejects the data, but sometimes it sneaks through and causes crashes. Most assert errors can be ignored, though I do put in effort on a regular basis to try and stamp out the improper code. I'll add this issue to the list.

Also, also, I can apparently cast ad to freak show w/o there being a freak show.

This is apparently how it works in base FFH, though I consider it a bug and will make Freak Shows required for all the 'Add to Freak Show' abilities in my next release.

Thanks a bunch. I've played ff2 for years and have never noticed this before ( I wonder how many great people I've lost to those bastards :cry:) Well its time to cancel open borders. Just as a side issue, this seems a very powerful ability.

It is potentially very powerful, though also very circumstantial. I gave the Svart AI some extra encouragement to try and use this ability if they can, which is probably why you're just now noticing it.

I'm getting another crash. If you attack the Lanun capital with the Ice Elemental (should be the only active unit) the game will crash.

You should be able to load this game with the latest version of MagisterMod and keep playing with no issues.

Would it be possible to put in a button or something, like in worldbuilder, that allows you to change what civ you control to a different one in the game?

You can hit ALT-Z (may require being in debug mode. Im not sure) to switch to the next civ in turn order. Unfortunately, you dont choose what civ you switch to. Also, doing this sometimes leads to weird things happening, though it generally works pretty well. If you do use this feature to switch civs during a game, I would recommend that you quit and reload the app before starting a new game. I've had a couple of instances where starting a new game without quitting led to some strange data errors. Not entirely sure where this feature came from. AI-Autoplay or Better AI perhaps?

Well, just a few questions.
How to "heal" the rebellous promotion? If i subdue the red dragon and it become barbarian again, it would not be worthwhile to research beastmaster tech.
How the "steal weapon and victim become food and hammer" promotion of devillo works? If i have a warrior defeat a bronze weapon axeman, then the warrior would have the bronze weapon promotion ? If i have a bronze weapon axeman defeat a iron weapon champion would the axeman weapon promotion change from bronze to iron then?
Is the white hand religion only available if Illian civ is present?
Is the priest special spell eg: priest of leaves summon tiger ability available only when adopting the priest's religion as state religion ? If so , how can I use the priest of order bless ability even I do not adopt the order state religion?
How to change the land to tundra ?

Playing as the calbrim and am having a lot of trouble with the ..... religion (forget the name, but the one that does not like vamps). Is there any way to remove this religion from my cities, or at least limit the rebellious chance for my city, as even cities with AV are rebelling even 6-8 turns?

normally you should be able to give the promotion "inquisitor" to your priests.
when casting inquisition they remove all religions and their buildings save the state religion.
you then need to re-introduce the religion you like.

Edit: Magister said this was not true:
Otherwise, trying to put "council of esus" in cities should reduce the possibility of Empyrian spreading there. (I'm not sure. Having empy removes CoE... but I'm not sure of the reverse...)

normally you should be able to give the promotion "inquisitor" to your priests.
when casting inquisition they remove all religions and their buildings save the state religion.
you then need to re-introduce the religion you like.

Otherwise, trying to put "council of esus" in cities should reduce the possibility of Empyrian spreading there. (I'm not sure. Having empy removes CoE... but I'm not sure of the reverse...)

Thanks mate, worked like a charm. Need religious law tech also.

I discovered a bug in how Barnaxus is supposed to teach his promotions to other Golems. I accidentally used != instead of == in perTurnTeachGolems(caster), so any unit except Barnaxus that held the Pieces of Barnaxus equipment was able to teach Golems.

This will be corrected in the next release. While thinking of Barnaxus, I also decided to make Rebuild Barnaxus work more like Resurrection. A rebuilt Barnaxus will keep its old promotions, and will also gain the free promotions from Luchuirp unique buildings in the city where he is rebuilt. I made the same changes to rebuilding the Mithril Golem.

Well, just a few questions.
How to "heal" the rebellous promotion? If i subdue the red dragon and it become barbarian again, it would not be worthwhile to research beastmaster tech.
How the "steal weapon and victim become food and hammer" promotion of devillo works? If i have a warrior defeat a bronze weapon axeman, then the warrior would have the bronze weapon promotion ? If i have a bronze weapon axeman defeat a iron weapon champion would the axeman weapon promotion change from bronze to iron then?
Is the white hand religion only available if Illian civ is present?
Is the priest special spell eg: priest of leaves summon tiger ability available only when adopting the priest's religion as state religion ? If so , how can I use the priest of order bless ability even I do not adopt the order state religion?
How to change the land to tundra ?
The Rebellious promotion may be removed by the Loyalty spell, or by the Loyalty, Devotion, or Hero promotions.

Acheron is Magic Immune, so you cannot give him Loyalty with Law I. It just came to mind though that he can gain loyalty by staying in a city with Unyielding Order (the building created by the Law III spell) present in it.

A unit with the Scavenger promotion lets a unit steal weapons promotions from a unit it defeats, but it does not let the unit go beyond its weapons tier. Warriors/Beastmen have a weapons tier of 1, so they can steal Bronze but not Iron or Mithril weapons. Axemen/Sons of Asena have a weapons tier of 3, so they can steal Bronze, Iron, or Mithril weapons.

To get food or production from a defeated unit, your team must have a city within a range of 3 tiles of where the combat took place.

The White Hand religion can only be founded if Auric Ulvin is in the game. I suppose that if you turn on the Unrestricted Leader option you could fund the religion with a Doviello or even Grigori Auric Ulvin. Only the Illians or Doviello can use the ritual to found the faith though.

Most of the priests have two spells, one of which has a state religion requirement and one of which does not. A priest of the leaves can use Treetop Defense without the FoL state religion, but requires the state religion to use Call Animal. (Note that this does not summon a tiger, but summons a random animal based on xp and terrain.) A Confessor can cast Bless regardless of state religion, but requires The Order state religion in order to cast Ring of Fire.

I think the only way to turn terrain to Tundra is to cast Scorch on Ice (Snow, not impassible sea ice) terrain, or Sanctify on Wasteland (the hell version of Tundra) terrain. (You may turn terrain temporarily to Ice with Ice III Blizzard, with Auric Ascended, or with a Temple of the Hand. The Temple of the Hand would turn it back to Ice the next turn though, so your Tundra would not last long.
Playing as the calbrim and am having a lot of trouble with the ..... religion (forget the name, but the one that does not like vamps). Is there any way to remove this religion from my cities, or at least limit the rebellious chance for my city, as even cities with AV are rebelling even 6-8 turns?
You may remove it by casting Inquisition, which requires the Inquisitor promotion. The Luonnotar and High Priests of the Order start with this promotion. Other Disciple units with the Divine promotion (i.e., Priests and High Priests) can purchase the promotion when they are at elast Level 3 and you have the Religious Law Technology.

The Purge of the Unfaithful ritual, which is available at Priesthood, has the same effect as casting Inquisition in all of your cities, but may also cause effected cities to revolt.

The Children of the One religion may randomly remove all other religions from cities.

Calavente's last piece of advice is incorrect. Currently the only religions that conflict with each other are The Order and The Ashen Veil. I will likely change this though. (Canonically, The Empyrean conflicts most with the Veil and The Order conflicts most with The Overlords.) You may except more religious dispute events in the next version which can remove religions.

well, playing (still march 4th version)
I discovered the deception and got no nightwatch, no CoE unit, No holy city .. and I think that the reason is that I have/had Empy in all my cities.

(I think no one else got it .. I'll have to check in WB). but I'll check.
But otherwise, I'm sure I dscovered the tech and got no unit to spread that religion.

Edit: and if CoE doesn't prevent the auto-spread of Empy... can Calabim take some measure to get all religions but not Empy ? if yes : which ones ?

I believe that back in the March 4th version Deception would grant an Agent of Esus, which sometimes abandoned you before you could spread the religion.

You should still have gotten the holy city if no one else had it already, unless you had selected the game option to disable the religion. I believe that the March 4th version was before I fixed the remove religion game options to align with the proper religions, so you may have disabled CoE thinking you were disabling another religion.

The chance of a religion automatically spreading into a city is reduced for every religion already present there, so spreading CoE does have some benefit.

Adopting Theocracy would prevent the automatic spread of any non-state religion. It has the same tech prereq as Inquisitor though.

I'm thinking about changing the Feast spell so that it has a chance of removing The Empyrean religion from a city, and adding a diplomatic penalty with every Empyrean player every time ti does so. How does that sound?

It doesn't make sense to me. Yeah the vampires may target the Empyrean, but you could also come up with valid reasons in story to keep the Empyrean in a Calabim city. Like what if they were using the Empyrean followers to pretend they weren't vampires, because if there were vamps in the city the empyrean would have found them, right? Or maybe the vamps are spying on the Empyrean followers to get info about other Empyrean cells. I think it'd be better for feast to not do that and to let Scavenger promoted units get higher tier weapons from defeating foes with those weapons. I'm sure there are examples in history where a less technologically developed people used the better weapons of their defeated foes against them. Gauls vs. Rome maybe? Indians def vs. Europeans in regard to horses.

A few things so far:

Scouts with light? Very nice. Makes the unit more unique and even more useful.

Getting a Cultist so early is scary, basically a free win against anything coastal...and along rivers? Seemed to create the effect, but being on hills protects? Not sure how the new mechanic is working. Something should be in game to delay Typhoon, though. Way to scary for so early in the game.

Playing Calabim, can't seem to make drowns. Is this because they don't count as warriors or am I missing something. Can't seem to build them either, so perhaps I am missing a tech prereq that I didn't notice.

Winter priests can't get Ice 2, probably because they lack channeling 2 promo turning them very much useless.

I got an assassin early on and trained to lvl 6 but no Aeron's promotion. Chances that some other civ beat me to it so early are slim so I was wondering if you changed anything about it.

Top Bottom